• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War 3 Remastered Has Sold 4 Million Copies To Date

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member
God-of-War-III-Remastered.jpg

According to the former Senior Social Media & Studio Marketing Lead at PlayStation, God of War 3 Remastered has sold 4 million copies since its launch. Aaron’s LinkedIn profile mentions that the franchise has become the most profitable PlayStation brand for gaming merchandise. Due to the success of the remaster and some of the recent iterations, God of War has grown popular and become one of PlayStation’s billion-dollar franchises.

Aaron-Kaufman-LinkedIn-Profile.jpg

God Of War Ok GIF by PlayStation

Skifi28

It's surprising it never received ps4 pro support and the sequel didn't get a similar remastering treatment and is still stuck on the ps3.

Kokoloko85

This is why its dumb to say certain IPs are dead or didnt sell well enough to warrant a Sequel or comeback
Look at the sales of God of War 3 compared to Ragnarok/2018

Backlash against God of War 3? When?
Months after release. I remember two distinct reasons people had. One was that people changed their minds and said GoW 2 was a better game, and the second is that people didn’t like the story of 3.

The honeymoon period wore off. Of course no one really remembers this today 🤷‍♂️ but I find it funny that things have swung back around because of the new games.

SeraphJan

Months after release. I remember two distinct reasons people had. One was that people changed their minds and said GoW 2 was a better game, and the second is that people didn’t like the story of 3.

The honeymoon period wore off. Of course no one really remembers this today 🤷‍♂️ but I find it funny that things have swung back around because of the new games.
GoW2 was still the better game, but that didn't mean GoW3 isn't good

yeah but poor antialiasing like smaa or something. Looks like ass
That's a shame. I just wonder if Sony will ever understand that it wouldn't take that many recourses to just upscale or emulate these older PS2 games in higher resolutions and framerates.

Edit: And in this case PS3 games. I want Killzone 2 personally.

Last edited:

LakeOf9

God of War 2018 really sent the franchise to new heights. The sales with 3 aren't even comparable.
God of War 3 sold 5.2 million on PS3, and then another 4 million on PS4. That's 9.2 million, it's not as successful as God of War 2018's 20 million, but its stupid to pretend that the series wasn't big before it either

This is why its dumb to say certain IPs are dead or didnt sell well enough to warrant a Sequel or comeback
Look at the sales of God of War 3 compared to Ragnarok/2018
See above. God of War 3 wasn't low selling at all it was one of Sony's biggest hits in the PS3 era (until TLOU happened it was their non-GT biggest hit, yes it sold more than Uncharted 2 or 3)

It was Ascension that almost killed the franchise

Last edited:

CGNoire

Then release the God Damm PS4 Pro patch already.

Just bought this recently and Im sick of playing it with those shit jaggies.

Zuzu

I just finished God of War (2018) yesterday. I remember having more fun with God of War 3 back in the day on PS3. The shift to such a close behind the shoulder camera in 2018 has caused gameplay limitations imo. The inability to easily look around the battlefield limits something about the fighting mechanics. Also the inability to jump in 2018 limits the variety of moves you can do and the types of combat encounters you can have. In the next game after Ragnarok I really think they at least need to pull the camera way back so you can observe more of the battlefield and plan moves and have more enemy variety due to that. This close 3rd person camera view is better with third person shooters imo.

Last edited:

BootsLoader

Banned

After months people had and people changed. The first time I hear about this. All I can remember is, gamers being in awe!

Tsaki

God of War 3 sold 5.2 million on PS3, and then another 4 million on PS4. That's 9.2 million, it's not as successful as God of War 2018's 20 million, but its stupid to pretend that the series wasn't big before it either

See above. God of War 3 wasn't low selling at all it was one of Sony's biggest hits in the PS3 era (until TLOU happened it was their non-GT biggest hit, yes it sold more than Uncharted 2 or 3)

It was Ascension that almost killed the franchise
4 mil was just the rerelease.
Well they are great numbers in a vacuum but still not comparable. They also were in the market for half a decade more. I wish they did a remastered collection with all 6 of the previous games. Having just 3 in modern systems is so stupid.

5.2 millions sold were announced 2 years after the game launched, I'm sure the actual sale numbers later in the life of PS3 were higher, maybe another million?

L*][*N*K

Banned
You need to be more self-aware and less well aware.
It triggers you sony boys so much when someone says “4 million lifetime when the game was sold for $9 to 100 million player base” is a tiny tiny number, especially for a first party game.

Tripolygon

Banned
It triggers you sony boys so much when someone says “4 million lifetime when the game was sold for $9 to 100 million player base” is a tiny tiny number, especially for a first party game.
This is you being triggered that Sony games are selling well so you literally have to downplay them because you are triggered by games selling well. I'm just telling you, be more self-aware and less well aware.
You all realize that these games were like 9$ for a long ass time on PSN, its not impressive at all.
Is it just me or these are very low numbers for a title this caliber on two of the most popular consoles of all time??

Paltheos

Backlash against God of War 3? When?

I'm one of those people. My biggest complaints are that the subweapons are too similar to the blades of chaos to feel meaningfully different and that the story dragged from writing out the climax of 2 as a whole game and coming up with some pretty sketchy plot points to do it (Evil Athena? Who the fuck cares about Pandora? Don't try to make Kratos sympathetic please).

I still prefer the game style over Dad of War 2018, but I prefer God of War 2 over 3.

LakeOf9

Metroid Prine HD only sold 1.5 million on an install base of 125 million in spite of being $40, Switch babies don’t buy games confirmed

Top Bottom