• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War: Ragnarok will be much more brutal and violent than its previous installment

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I wanna see him beat up Atreus.
giphy.gif

SafeOrAlone

Banned
I'm replaying 2018 and it's actually just making me want to replay the classic trilogy. I think I prefer those games to 2018.

Glad to see some gore back though. I don't always need gore but it's fitting for this series.

Tiamat2san

So Kratos will do Kratos stuff…cool
He tried to be a good daddy but now Daddy is angry.

That was one of the things that left a bad after taste after 2018.

- Lack of gore and violence compared to the old games.

-Lack of enemy variety .

i hope the combat will be more « quick pace » than 2018 .

The last problem won’t be fixed sadly .
Just get rid of the fucking kid. (Maybe he will become a villain now that we know his true identity and we will smash his annoying head into bloody pulp, one can dream)

Last edited:

Lunarorbit

All I know is someone mentioned the devs were very conscious about enemy variety which was a huge problem for me in the first one.

drotahorror

Hopefully it's not only increased for finishers. Let's see some wounds and blood splatters flying around, staining the environment.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
eh, I dunno, I’m so numb to this stuff now. I’d love to hear the story is twice as dense than the gore twice as messy. Cool nonetheless I suppose for parts of the audience

Id much rather see them double down on the action than the walk and chats

ABnormal

Id much rather see them double down on the action than the walk and chats
From the previews and from the fact that this game is two games in one, it seems that we will have double action AND double story density. Why choose if you can have both?

The only thing I want from the combat is a return to the gore of previous games. I loved GoW 2018 and thought the combat overall felt great, it had the spectacle and impact we've come to expect from the series but that visceral, ultra violence was missing. Won't hold my breath but it's a day 1 no matter what.
Seems my wish has come true 👌

Top Bottom