• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Going to buy new Game.

wipeout364

Should I get:
Riddick
Full Spectrum Warrior
Driv3r (just joking)
Spiderman 2
Onimusha 3
Hitman Contracts

Just thought I'd ask

Also any comments on Full Spectrum Warrior, I haven't read much on the board.

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
wipeout364 said:
Should I get:
Riddick
Full Spectrum Warrior
Driv3r (just joking)
Spiderman 2
Onimusha 3
Hitman Contracts

Just thought I'd ask

Also any comments on Full Spectrum Warrior, I haven't read much on the board.
Go Riddick or FSW. Spiderman 2, Hitman Contracts and Onimusha will be cheaper by the end of summer I feel.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Hitman Contracts, hands down.

Riddick would be a great choice, but I felt the game was FAR too short to be worth $50 and really doesn't have good replay value.

siege

Banned
Spider-man 2 probably has the most replay value out of those unless you factor in FSW's multiplayer (which gets old quickly.)

Riddick is the best of them, but it's so short - I'd advise against a $50 purchase.

KAOS

Riddick and FSW! FSW is a strategy tactical game that puts you in charge of two squads as they progress through danger zones{not an fps but very cinematic}.

If you are a fan of Pitch Black and the recent Chronicles of Riddick movie you can't go wrong with Escape from Butcher Bay{one of the few games that actually works well as a prequel}.

wipeout364

IS Full Spectrum a fun game? it sounds like it could be fun or very trial and error. I am leaning towards getting it.

Riddick is a good game... but can be completed quickly and offers very little replay value (unless you care about dozens of production stills... I don't). I would have felt kind of ripped off if I paid full price. It's better for a rental.

Not played the others.

Soul4ger

I think Onimusha 3 is the best of the bunch, but, as someone already said, expect a price drop within the next few months. I'd probably suggest a price drop for most of them, with the holiday rush coming soon...

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
robot said:
Spiderman 2, Riddick or Psi-Ops (its not listed there but it should be).

This man knows! Though FSW isn't bad, I just like those 3 better so far. Onimusha is alright. It actually starts fantastically so if you like the series I'd consider it.

AeroGod

FSW is BORING. Its nice concept but it really is trial and error and even plays out too much like a puzzle game IMO. Its just going down streets and having one of your teams draw fire while the other sneaks behind the enemy and kills them, or if you have a grenade one of the teams can just use that. If two teams are in a fire fight its a stalemate untill either A.) another team comes from behind to kill the enemies or you b.) throw a grenade and kill them if you have it or if your behind a brekable object like a box or something wait untill that gets hit enough for it to be destroyed so you can kill waht is behind it. FSW isnt really that great of a game, I honestly dont see why it gets so much praise. Maybe because its different and not just another 3rd person shooter action game, but that doesnt mean its a good game or even worth 50 dollars.

Rent FSW so you can say youve tried it, but I wouldnt put it past that unless you really really like military strategy games but even then Id wait for a price drop if it ever happens.

All the games youve listed are about the same in terms of quality IMO so it really doesnt matter what you get. Riddick is short but sweet, ive already mentioned FSW, Spiderman 2 is a standard action game with GTA open-endedness but it isnt exactly a great game once you get past the novelty of swinging around NYC. Hitman Contracts is hit and miss, some of the missions are really cool and challenging and some of them just make you wonder what the designers were thinking. Plus Contracts is easily the shortest and least difficult of all the Hitman games, so you really arnt going ot get much replayability out of it. Havnt played Onimusha 3 or Driver 3 yet, but I would assume they'd be at least close to or similar to the earlier games in the series which leads me to belive they arnt any better or worse then the other games youve listed.

But I do agree with the man who recommended Psi-Ops. Its easily better then all those games...combined.

whitechocolatespaceegg said:
FSW is BORING. Its nice concept but it really is trial and error and even plays out too much like a puzzle game IMO. Its just going down streets and having one of your teams draw fire while the other sneaks behind the enemy and kills them, or if you have a grenade one of the teams can just use that. If two teams are in a fire fight its a stalemate untill either A.) another team comes from behind to kill the enemies or you b.) throw a grenade and kill them if you have it or if your behind a brekable object like a box or something wait untill that gets hit enough for it to be destroyed so you can kill waht is behind it. FSW isnt really that great of a game, I honestly dont see why it gets so much praise. Maybe because its different and not just another 3rd person shooter action game, but that doesnt mean its a good game or even worth 50 dollars.

Right on.

MaddenNFL64

I'd get Riddick & Spider-Man 2 from your list. Riddick may not have alot of replay value, but it's short enough that you can play through the game in one, or two sittings, so you can play over & over to see the different ways to play. Spider-Man 2 is getting good buzz, and hell, it's Spider-Man :p.

I'm buying Psi-Ops for sure tomorrow, and Harvest Moon: AWL maybe too :).

evil ways

I got Psi Ops, mainly due to the shilling and the hype this forum gave it and it's great, although a bit short, but it has extra characters, missions and extras out the ass. It's the most fun game I've played all year so far, mainly due to the psychic powers.

Spider-Man 2 is also good, but graphic whores will have a problem with it, since it goes the GTA route visually in order to have the huge, open ended city without loading times. Fighting the same thugs over and over can get a bit repetitive, but web swinging is great, thus making it a great Spider-Man simulator.

wipeout364

I ended up getting Spiderman 2, but only because EB had a trade 3 games get spiderman deal on. It was awesome the games were Dark summit, Stars Wars: starfighter and MDK2 (all of which I bought ages ago and all for under 15 bucks) they came up on trade in value as 3.00 each LOL, but they weren't excluded so I got spider man 2 for 9.00 (canadian, retails for 70.00). I also picked up MMAC for PS2.

AeroGod

wipeout364 said:
I ended up getting Spiderman 2, but only because EB had a trade 3 games get spiderman deal on. It was awesome the games were Dark summit, Stars Wars: starfighter and MDK2 (all of which I bought ages ago and all for under 15 bucks) they came up on trade in value as 3.00 each LOL, but they weren't excluded so I got spider man 2 for 9.00 (canadian, retails for 70.00). I also picked up MMAC for PS2.

A winner is you!

Brofist

wipeout364 said:

nice deal

i'd say get riddick. it is short, but it is also incredibly immersive. the game creates a great atmosphere and the illusion is never broken. honestly, riddick might be my goty so far. the only games challenging it at this point (that i've played) are splinter cell: pandora tomorrow and ninja gaiden. you might want to check out psi-ops though. a lot of people are raving about it here on the boards...

explodet

wipeout364 said:
Wait, there's a trade three games, get Spiderman 2 for $9 deal at Canadian EBs?

Hmm.

Top Bottom