• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GomTV Starcraft II (GSL) Tournament - Season 3 - Thread of white people in Korea

bbyybb

CGI bullshit is the death knell of cinema
After a good first game, Lynn just could not handle the pressure on the last 2 games.

It was quite a bit back and forth there, buy good play in the end by sCfOu.

0032_5382_750.jpeg

My head hurts.

Wallach

fOu showed up to Ro64 with a big coupon book or something cause some of these guys lookin' hella free right now :lol

Some dude gettin' his groove on for the crowd wtf

I just saw the schedule for tomorrows morning games and wow..

Ret->Kyrix->Foxer-> the Random player

I hope it's better than today because today's games sucked ass.

bbyybb

CGI bullshit is the death knell of cinema
After yesterdays set of games, today has been a little dissapointing.

It is amazing how some divisions in the qualifiers were divisions of death and others must have been allot easier if some of the players that we have seen tonight were playing.

V_Arnold

Have Artosis ever considered techning overlord drop and putting 1-2 spore crawlers on the ledge to stop any colossi "poke"? Before spitting this "sooo bad for Zerg" nonsense...

farnham

Banned
V_Arnold said:
Have Artosis ever considered techning overlord drop and putting 1-2 spore crawlers on the ledge to stop any colossi "poke"? Before spitting this "sooo bad for Zerg" nonsense...
he you can load up crawlers into an overlord ?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
HongUn so good.

V_Arnold said:
But collosi outrange spores? Plus you can just have stalkers snipe it since collosi can see high ground.
farnham said:
he you can load up crawlers into an overlord ?
I don't think so

V_Arnold

Hazaro said:
HongUn so good.
But collosi outrange spores? Plus you can just have stalkers snipe it since collosi can see high ground.

Stalkers? They do not have the range for that. Study that map for a second, please. And more importantly, Colossi only sees high ground if he is on it.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
V_Arnold said:
Stalkers? They do not have the range for that. Study that map for a second, please. And more importantly, Colossi only sees high ground if he is on it.
I have no idea what map we are talking about and it is 5am :[

Were fruit's games worth watching? I don't even know. I might have marked that instead of the TvT.

Brackets - Results - Recommended Games
GOM Winner interviews: http://www.gomtv.net/2010gslopens3/gomcam/

Ro64 Day 1: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=170837
Ro64 - Day 1 - Set 1
(Games 1 + 2)
Ro64 - Day 1 - Set 2
(Games 2 + 3)
Ro64 - Day 1 - Set 3
(Games 1 + _)
Ro64 - Day 1 - Set 4
(Games 1 + _)
Bonus: Winner Interview
Ro64 - Day 1 - Set 5
(Games 1 + _)
Fomos Interviews Ro64 Day 1 - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=171013
____
Ro64 Day 2: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=171164
Ro64 - Day 2A - Set 1
(Games _ + _)
Ro64 - Day 2A - Set 2
(Games _ + _)
Ro64 - Day 2A - Set 3
(Games 2 + _)
(One sided, but a fun watch)
Ro64 - Day 2A - Set 4
(Games _ + _)
Ro64 - Day 2A - Set 5
(Games _ + _)
--

Ro64 - Day 2B - Set 1
(Games 1 + 2)
Ro64 - Day 2B - Set 2
(Games 1 + 2)
Ro64 - Day 2B - Set 3
(Games _ + _)
Ro64 - Day 2B - Set 4
(Games _ + _)

jorma

is now taking requests
V_Arnold said:
Not really. It all went down on missing the 2 pylon's placement.

But I don't think there were many zerg today who went "boy, i'm glad i went with my hatch first build, because that really helped me win this game" :p

V_Arnold

jorma said:
But I don't think there were many zerg today who went "boy, i'm glad i went with my hatch first build, because that really helped me win this game" :p

Of course. It is risky, but it can be made to work. It all depends on the players. I really really wish sometimes people would scout just a tad bit sooner to decide if it is worth early exping or not. Cause in near positions in a large map..it does not really worth it :p

Haunted

Day 1 > Day 2 in terms of quality games and entertainment.

I'm feeling good about Ret tomorrow, though.

edit: Artosis wasn't kidding when he said that 2 rax marine/scv rush build was sweeping the servers. What bad timing for Zerg, another week and they've probably figured out a better counter to that strat.

Poor Haypro. :(

Feep

Banned
I didn't watch any of the later games, but is defending 14 hatch THAT hard? That one guy did 2 Spine Crawlers (with GOOD placement) and banelings to pretty easily hold it off.

Not that I mind. This do-one-thing-only mindset is annoying (and yet, so APPROPRIATE for the hivemind). I'd love to see transitions into early Roach and maybe 20-Hatch.

Top Bottom