• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GOT review embargo up on 14/07

thelastword

Banned
93 Metacritic and hundreds of awards won. That’s why is fucking ridiculous to even put Ghost and Witcher 3 in the same sentence
Have you played Ghosts of Tsushima? If not, where is this comparison to Witcher 3 coming in. At least let the game come out first and dish out your pessimism towards it then...If I remember correctly, Witcher 3 had awful combat and camera, lots of bugs, little to no difficulty, so if Ghosts can do better than that, it will be better than Witcher is in my book no matter the score...

Have you played Ghosts of Tsushima? If not, where is this comparison to Witcher 3 coming in. At least let the game come out first and dish out your pessimism towards it then...If I remember correctly, Witcher 3 had awful combat and camera, lots of bugs, little to no difficulty, so if Ghosts can do better than that, it will be better than Witcher is in my book no matter the score...

I'm a huge SP stan here, but there's almost 0 chance GOT will be better than The Witcher 3. You can cherry pick and extrapolate whatever flaws it had, but there's a reason why The Witcher 3 is held in such high regard. For what it sets out to do it's unparalleled to this day. GOT won't be BOTW as well. Sucker Punch is just not that kind of studio. They're masters of their craft and they deliver crazy fun titles that feature rich and rewarding gameplay. Don't expect anything transcendental and you're golden.

Look at this way, the bar for them to clear is AssCreed Odyssey. That's plenty doable. The Witcher 3 is too many steps above. I'm not saying this to be pessimist, I'm saying this so people keep their expectations in check and enjoy the game for what it is.

I'm a huge SP stan here, but there's almost 0 chance GOT will be better than The Witcher 3. You can cherry pick and extrapolate whatever flaws it had, but there's a reason why The Witcher 3 is held in such high regard. For what it sets out to do it's unparalleled to this day. GOT won't be BOTW as well. Sucker Punch is just not that kind of studio. They're masters of their craft and they deliver crazy fun titles that feature rich and rewarding gameplay. Don't expect anything transcendental and you're golden.

Look at this way, the bar for them to clear is AssCreed Odyssey. That's plenty doable. The Witcher 3 is too many steps above. I'm not saying this to be pessimist, I'm saying this so people keep their expectations in check and enjoy the game for what it is.
Witcher 3 is possibly the worst RPG of the generation when it comes to gameplay. Just controlling Geralt was simply terrible.

THEAP99

Banned
We are in a review embargo thread. Generally speaking, whether you agree with Witcher 3's acclaim or not or any other game for that matter, it's one of the most if not the most accomplished game this generation. And these same exact people will be reviewing Ghost of Tsushima.
So it doesn't make sense to me to say stuff like "but the witcher 3 is bad" for x reasons, because it's simply not relevant and the results are the results.

We are in a review embargo thread. Generally speaking, whether you agree with Witcher 3's acclaim or not or any other game for that matter, it's one of the most if not the most accomplished game this generation. And these same exact people will be reviewing Ghost of Tsushima.
So it doesn't make sense to me to say stuff like "but the witcher 3 is bad" for x reasons, because it's simply not relevant and the results are the results.
Just as none of this bullshit makes a difference to the player.

We are not talking about an online game. None of this will have an impact on your own experience.

I'm sure that as a GAME, GoT will be better than TW3, but not that it is difficult.

Just as none of this bullshit makes a difference to the player.

We are not talking about an online game. None of this will have an impact on your own experience.

I'm sure that as a GAME, GoT will be better than TW3, but not that it is difficult.

Yeah, we shouldn't trust the overall consensus that The Witcher 3 is a high mark of the industry, we should trust NeoGAF poster CliffordUnger.

Yeah, we shouldn't trust the overall consensus that The Witcher 3 is a high mark of the industry, we should trust NeoGAF poster CliffordUnger.
Whatever. Keep thinking that Witcher 3 gameplay is decent. The "gamers" journalist gods have told you, so it must be true.

Btw, I posted those impressions on reddit, but left because I was tired of that rude and disrespectful community.

Whatever. Keep thinking that Witcher 3 gameplay is decent. The "gamers" journalist gods have told you, so it must be true.

Btw, I posted those impressions on reddit, but left because I was tired of that rude and disrespectful community.

Funny you seem to think I'm unable to formulate my own opinion, makes me wonder if that played a part in the reddit community being "disrespectful" towards you.

Gamerguy84

Gameplay is important for me. Its why I couldnt finish GTA5 or RDR2. Its also why I easily finished HZD and Spider-Man.

SP is high on my list. Infamous 1 and 2 are legit in my top 20 of all time. Ive been waiting on this game for a long time.

I expect a really solid game, Im sure since they have Sony money and backing thats what we will get.

Time to dust off your mall ninja shit (throwing stars, katana, and nunchucks) and get ready for what should be a good finale to the PS4 exclusives list. 🇯🇵

Funny you seem to think I'm unable to formulate my own opinion, makes me wonder if that played a part in the reddit community being "disrespectful" towards you.
Not exactly against me. A guy from the Middle East has received pathetic comments. I'm not even from the Middle East. A person who would like an option to disable blood (as in Sekiro) was also convicted. Several cases. Bad vocabulary and lack of manners. But enough.

I hope that you really play the game and show your own experience.

I particularly only read reviews from friends. I am a player who has always liked to share my own experiences. I am not a YouTube user or a follower of journalists. If you are, fine.

Last edited:

HotPocket69

Banned
Not exactly against me. A guy from the Middle East has received pathetic comments. I'm not even from the Middle East. A person who would like an option to disable blood (as in Sekiro) was also convicted. Several cases. Bad vocabulary and lack of manners. But enough.

I particularly only read reviews from friends. I am a player who has always liked to share my own experiences. I am not a YouTube user or a follower of journalists. If you are, fine.

The way you write freaks me out man

No offense

The way you write freaks me out man

No offense
Why? Hahaha
That was you? Were they true? Or were you just making it up?

I was also banned from the community today.
All true. I mentioned the collectibles exactly as evidence, since they had not been shown. You collect crickets, flags, Mongolian artifacts, lore records, etc.

Either way, when the game is released the truth will be evident.

THEAP99

Banned
Why? Hahaha

All true. I mentioned the collectibles exactly as evidence, since they had not been shown. You collect crickets, flags, Mongolian artifacts, lore records, etc.

Either way, when the game is released the truth will be evident.
But I don't understand. You don't have the game, a friend does, he tells you this stuff? That the game is an improved Assassins Creed rather than a Witcher or BOTW type game?

But I don't understand. You don't have the game, a friend does, he tells you this stuff? That the game is an improved Assassins Creed rather than a Witcher or BOTW type game?
Yes, and let me play since im his neighbor. Exactly. A much better AC. The combat is good.

I’m here thirsting for more GoT impressions and all I get is people fighting over Witcher 3

I understand your frustration. But do you know what's even more frustrating? Witcher 3 as an action RPG.

If the only quality is the dialogues, why not launch a visual novel?

Perhaps because these serious flaws go unnoticed by "gamers" journalists and the casual audience who are most interested in discussing things like "Yen vs Triss" and taking screenshots.

You don't see Witcher 3 players discussing gameplay, builds and things like Soulsbornekiro players, for example.

That got a bit weird there friend lol but keep in mind I'm not against this game in any way shape or form. I KNOW it will be awesome, I loved every single SP game to date. I've been waiting anxiously for this one and nothing could convince me not to play it. I just think people should keep their expectations in check. Expect a really, really good game and not something that could make quite a few GOAT lists and there's no way you're going to be disappointed here.

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
sjytUQK.jpg

dyfNdQN.jpg

iKxRqZv.jpg

mwwylhG.jpg

R0D5OE0.jpg

Well anyways I will assume you were telling the truth. I am glad you adjusted some people's expectations at least admitted the comparisons from that one dude's twitter that went viral was nonsense.
I think we can make a comparison with Spider-Man. Most sidequests are simple, but the gameplay is good and that's what matters. But there are some specific sidequests that are good as Tombstone's (since 2018 without playing that game, I don't remember another good one hahaha)

As much as I hate TW3 gameplay, I recognize that sidequests are good from a purely narrative perspective. Structurally and gameplay wise they are weak.

BotW is a totally free game with few main quests about climbing towers and looking for puzzle shrines. It makes no sense to compare.

In Tsushima we depend on the wind guide. It is not "organic" in that sense.

Last edited:
One thing i need someone played the game to confirme that is there any hot waifu in this game . You know it's japanese setting game lol?

THEAP99

Banned
I think we can make a comparison with Spider-Man. Most sidequests are simple, but the gameplay is good and that's what matters. But there are some specific sidequests that are good as Tombstone's (since 2018 without playing that game, I don't remember another good one hahaha)

As much as I hate TW3 gameplay, I recognize that sidequests are good from a purely narrative perspective. Structurally and gameplay wise they are weak.

BotW is a totally free game with few main quests about climbing towers and looking for puzzle shrines. It makes no sense to compare.

In Tsushima we depend on the wind guide. It is not "organic" in that sense.
Makes sense I suppose.

Btw, people on discord and twitter are still trying to tell me that your post is fake because "guy posted an old gif someone else posted for proof they had the game and pass it off as his own so it's defo fake"

Makes sense I suppose.

Btw, people on discord and twitter are still trying to tell me that your post is fake because "guy posted an old gif someone else posted for proof they had the game and pass it off as his own so it's defo fake"
When i posted my friends gif it was like 15 views. Only shared in our WhatsApp group. Now it has like 3k? Even that Twitter user shared our gif. My friend have the game for like 2 weeks.

One thing i need someone played the game to confirme that is there any hot waifu in this game . You know it's japanese setting game lol?
Do you consider Emma from Sekiro a "hot waifu"?

Last edited:
It has Japanese setting but still a western game so.....
1UM6.gif

Yeah i’m aware of that. At least hope they don’t do character design like infamous first light main character . I mean she is unique character but please just don’t lol.
Western games that have good looking female characters i have only seen in ow, tomb raider reboot, witcher 3 and uncharted series.
Wonder why is that so hard to make good looking characters for western studios???

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Wonder why is that so hard to make good looking characters for western studios???
Because for western developers is all about making characters as "realistic" as possible while Japanese developers like to have good looking character designs regardless its has realistic visuals or not.

Ghost of Tsushima
ghost-of-tsushima-thumbnail-02-12dec19-en-hk

Sekiro
D3TNfRoWAAAvG-e.jpg:large

Nioh 2
ETttse5X0AAnDAW.jpg

Last edited:

Wunray

Because for western developers is all about making characters as "realistic" as possible while Japanese developers like to have good looking character designs regardless its has realistic visuals or not.

Ghost of Tsushima
ghost-of-tsushima-thumbnail-02-12dec19-en-hk

Well I guess in terms of realism it,s fine but..........the sekiro example looks realistic too.

Last edited:
Question to people more informed than I am. How much of an RPG this game will be? Is it more like Witcher or more like Assassin's Creed Odyssey?

Thanks.

Witcher 3 is possibly the worst RPG of the generation when it comes to gameplay. Just controlling Geralt was simply terrible.

I agree the controls are horrendous and let the game down, but it’s still one of the best games this generation. I do think reviews should place greater emphasis on the controls. Rdr2 also stinks and games like the last of us 2 should be even higher rated for simply having amazing controls. Got looks like it has quite tight controls, but we’ll only know for sure next week.

Wunray

Btw I think they were giving away a free dynamic theme for the game, not sure if that its true or not.
Code: 5NEC-F9N4-75M8, can't test it cause my ps4 hdd is dead now......

Last edited:
Top Bottom