• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GOT review embargo up on 14/07

On the 17th you will realize that the gameplay of GoT is at least 984 times better than any AC.

You cannot infer anything concerning gameplay without having control in hand.

Insomniac are on point whether it's melee in Spider-man or shooting in Resistance....

There aren't actually many I'd rate very high...just SSM and Insomniac really.
Could add a couple if you include shooters.
Dont forget Ratchet & Clank, easily my favorite PlayStation franchise. Those PS2 games have aged magically well.

cover4.jpg

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I'm expecting a meta score of 80 to 85, but regardless of what it gets I'm there day 1. Sucker Punch have never let me down to the point that I'm skeptical of their output. Although the combat definitely looks weak, but I can look past Witcher 3's combat because of how amazing everything else is, so I hope this will be another case of that.

Saruhashi

Banned
"So far I’ve infiltrated a couple bases, tracked down a few allies, unlocked a little bit of new gear. It is open world, but tbh there doesn’t seem to be much interesting stuff to do outside of going to The next point of interest and completing your missions and whatnot."

So it's a videogame? :)

I never really got the desire to have open world games stuffed full of " things to do". I always thought the purpose of open world (and overworlds in older RPGs) was to give some extra level of immersion as you traverse.

When I read that kind of comment I always think they just want everything to be GTA.

I think recent Assassin's Creed games could have been much better if they had just dialled back the amount off side stuff.

Also you have to laugh at Gamefaqs forums. I'm paraphrasing but on that thread you basically have.

Poster: "Sucks that this is shit. I'll get Paper Mario instead."
Reply: "That's shit too!"

People seem to have a hard time with new games not being 100% perfect.

Months of hype for every new release.
Then the embargo lifts and everyone is disappointed that its not the greatest game of all time.

Do people honestly approach every game like it's 90+ on metacritic or its utter garbage?

ToadMan

So it's a videogame? :)

I never really got the desire to have open world games stuffed full of " things to do". I always thought the purpose of open world (and overworlds in older RPGs) was to give some extra level of immersion as you traverse.

When I read that kind of comment I always think they just want everything to be GTA.

I think recent Assassin's Creed games could have been much better if they had just dialled back the amount off side stuff.

Also you have to laugh at Gamefaqs forums. I'm paraphrasing but on that thread you basically have.

Poster: "Sucks that this is shit. I'll get Paper Mario instead."
Reply: "That's shit too!"

People seem to have a hard time with new games not being 100% perfect.

Months of hype for every new release.
Then the embargo lifts and everyone is disappointed that its not the greatest game of all time.

Do people honestly approach every game like it's 90+ on metacritic or its utter garbage?

I think there's a lot of expectation on first parties though - especially Nintendo who have a reputation of quality with their mainline franchises.

I would consider Paper Mario but the tree house of it a few days back didn't look particularly great - I'll see how it reviews and maybe watch some gameplay before deciding. The "puzzle combat" looked way too easy.

Anyway I'll check out the review for that and decide. For GOT it's the same - if it reviews well enough today then I'll order and download it - if it seems average though then I think I'll get F1 2020 and do some my team stuff and see how GOT ages a few weeks after release when more people have tried it out.

saintjules

No dismemberment in a samurai game? What's up with that?
Eh not a dealbreaker but still

There is. I guess that person who leaked their gameplay wasn't that far into the game and made the claim there wasn't. Apparently it happens after you have build up some skills and I remember seeing it happen during A State of Play.

Timestamped

Last edited:

Eiknarf

Banned
No black people, no LGBTQ+ no leftist agenda of any kind. I honestly can't see woke "games journalists" getting on board. It'll probably be between 82 and 84 on metacritic. I guarantee you the user score will be higher than the critic score.
Other countries are allowed to be racist :)

Ever watch the Olympics? See the Japanese team full of Asian Japanese people? Yeah you saw-
See the Chinese team full of Asian Chinese people? Yup. You saw that.
See the American team full of blacks, whites, Latinos, Asians, Jews, gays, straights, Christians and Muslims? Yeah, everyone saw.

I wonder why people think America is so anti people of color, creed and sexual preference?

Last edited:
Top Bottom