• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GOTY Awards Tracker 2020 Disscussion

Astorian

Most years you have to go up against a previously winning franchise. I get it BOTW2 will be a big deal but I'm also sceptical for that to be next year and Cyberpunk will also have the wider audience being a multiplat so you never know
Nah, BotW is definitely next year, +4 years should be more than enough for a sequel (reusing the map too it seems?), wider audience for Cyberpunk doesn’t really matter as critics will be mainly deciding, doesn’t also help the game would be a year old by then.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Nah, BotW is definitely next year, +4 years should be more than enough for a sequel (reusing the map too it seems?), wider audience for Cyberpunk doesn’t really matter as critics will be mainly deciding, doesn’t also help the game would be a year old by then.

Also having no protagonist on CP2077 with mediocre gameplay won't really impress. Nothing made me think that CP2077 is GOTY worthy yet. If it was The Witcher 4 then I'll be onboard with the hype train.

Kadayi

Banned

First CP2077 DLC will probably come out in the third/fourth quarter next year. People seem to forget CDP is big on post-release support, and they've already promised it's going to be bigger than what they did for TW3.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
First CP2077 DLC will probably come out in the third/fourth quarter next year. People seem to forget CDP is big on post-release support, and they've already promised it's going to be bigger than what they did for TW3.

Well, I really hope you're right. Better have low expectations and be impressed than have too high hopes and get disappointed. Still not seeing it, but we're not far way for the end results.

Kadayi

Banned
Well, I really hope you're right. Better have low expectations and be impressed than have too high hopes and get disappointed. Still not seeing it, but we're not far way for the end results.

I posted some PS5 footage in the leaks thread. Nothing too spoilerish (and it's in French) it's using the performance mode, but pre-day 1 patch ..very early in the game. Looks pretty good and it's only going to get better when they roll out the Next Gen Patch later next year.

Astorian

Also having no protagonist on CP2077 with mediocre gameplay won't really impress. Nothing made me think that CP2077 is GOTY worthy yet. If it was The Witcher 4 then I'll be onboard with the hype train.
I think it’s a little too early to call it mediocre gameplay (though what I’ve seen doesn’t give me confidence), also seeing as how Witcher 3’s gameplay wasn’t something critics were raving about I’m not sure it would matter anyways.

Possible, it still would feel like an old game though and from what we’ve seen (Smash and Jedi) they seem to be ignored mostly.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
I posted some PS5 footage in the leaks thread. Nothing too spoilerish (and it's in French) it's using the performance mode, but pre-day 1 patch ..very early in the game. Looks pretty good and it's only going to get better when they roll out the Next Gen Patch later next year.

That first video with the chase at 20km/h is pretty disturbing to me, it's as bad as John Wick's chase scene.

How sad are "Those" people.

Firstly they are running a campaign to vote for Ghost just so Last of Us won't win.

And now that they saw Last of Us was way out in front in a fan vite they hacked the website and changed all the votes to Ghost.

I liked ghost but I'd be embarrassed for Sucker Punch if they won. Imagine accepting the award knowing a hell of a lot of the votes weren't for your game but where simply against an other game.

Last edited:

Yoboman

If not, then it has a good chance, but Horizon Forbidden West won't be easy to beat. GOW is just too overpowered though, and rumors say that gameplay was ready to be shown but they held it back due to the Craig fiasco.
I think unless they take some huge changes to Horizon, eg its a much more in depth RPG, then it probably won't be pushing for GOTY

Yoboman

How sad are "Those" people.

Firstly they are running a campaign to vote for Ghost just so Last of Us won't win.

And now that they saw Last of Us was way out in front in a fan vite they hacked the website and changed all the votes to Ghost.

I liked ghost but I'd be embarrassed for Sucker Punch if they won. Imagine accepting the ward knowing a hell of a lot of the votes weren't for your game but where simply against an other game.
Who hacked the site? Where are you getting this from?

Boss Man

I thought Uncharted was just OK (looked great tho) and TLOU was boring. I’m guessing I wouldn’t like TLOU2 right?

Who hacked the site? Where are you getting this from?

Fixed now. But the site was down about an hour or more ago. Then all the votes where changed to ghost and no one could login to the site.

Image below of how the voting was changed.

sMNo92Y.png

Last edited:

Yoboman

Fixed now. But the site was down about an hour or more ago. Then all the votes where changed to ghost and no one could login to the site.

Image below of how the voting was changed.

sMNo92Y.png
This is some of the saddest shit I've ever seen

Do these people not realise their desperate attempts to make people hate TLOU2 just drives more people to support the game?

I thought Uncharted was just OK (looked great tho) and TLOU was boring. I’m guessing I wouldn’t like TLOU2 right?

TLOU2 has the best gameplay of the lot but yeah probably not if you didn't like the others.
If the game is hated as people say it is why not just let the people vote and the results will speak for themselves?

I mean they did for a bit but then they could see TLOU was winning the vote and had to step in.

Also TLOU already won one fan voted game of the year. Guess they couldn't stand for it.

It really is funny. It's fine to not like something or to even hate it but if they where any bit rational about it they would have stopped caring months ago.

It really shows it's not coming from a point of being constructive in their "criticism"

Like who tries so hard to make others hate something? It's just internet nonsense.

Last edited:

Astorian

If the game is hated as people say it is why not just let the people vote and the results will speak for themselves?
Because they know it’s mostly a loud minority, it surly is more divisive than the first game (which the studio anticipated) but nowhere near some people on the internet are trying to convince themselves.

ethomaz

Banned
There is a lot of people vote awards choosing TLOU2.

The biggest one until now is based in people votes.

Last edited:

[Sigma]

Site back up running. Just voted for
Play-Station-Ghostof-Tsushima-2020.png
. It probably won't win with the the top of lead TLOU2 has currently(8 point lead as of my post).

THEAP99

Banned
Honestly the fact the voting is so close tells me how stupid Gamers are.

To be quite frank whoever votes for ghost of tsushima might have the brain of a stupid fucking sloth and should be ashamed to call themselves a PlayStation fan. Especially when ghost of tsushima can't even beat the 100th gears or assassin's creed game. pathetic.

Eom53KcXcAIibfy
Eom53WYXIAIVUIb

Last edited:

Astorian

Death Stranding was GOTY 2019? Man, 2019 was a bad year huh?
You won’t find a game like Death Stranding specially when it comes to AAA budget, it deserves it for being fresh and unique alone but yes, it was a weak year.

ethomaz

Banned

EDMIX

I think unless they take some huge changes to Horizon, eg its a much more in depth RPG, then it probably won't be pushing for GOTY

I think based on how many the last one got, it will easily net a few GOTY, but I don't believe it will get the majority. I think it will likely end up being God Of War and BOTW2. They'll 99% likely sweep the majority of awards.

MiguelItUp

People hacking goty website in favour of a ps3 game like ghost of tsushima just because tlou2 lives rent free in their head lmao. Sad! Hopefully tlou2 clean sweeps as it deserves!
Honestly the fact the voting is so close tells me how stupid Gamers are.

To be quite frank whoever votes for ghost of tsushima might have the brain of a stupid fucking sloth and should be ashamed to call themselves a PlayStation fan. Especially when ghost of tsushima can't even beat the 100th gears or assassin's creed game. pathetic.
We get it, you adored TLOU2, Jesus Christ. No reason to hate on GoT or people that actually enjoyed it as a result.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
Updated.

New site. Same content.
New domain. Same layout.

https://gotypicks.blogspot.com/ is now https://www.gameawards.net

Welcome to the 2020 discussion thread about the games that were most choose as GOTY 2020.

Award Totals

• The Last of Us Part II- 22
    • Media Outlets: 17 | Readers' Choice: 5
  • Hades - 10
  • Ghost of Tsushima - 5
  • Animal Crossing: New Horizons - 2
  • Final Fantasy 7 Remake - 2
  • Kentucky Route Zero - 1
  • Microsoft Flight Simulator - 1
  • Spiritfarer - 1

You can see the old thread here with Death Strading being the overall GOTY 2019.

• Death Stranding- 90
    • Media Outlets: 57 | Readers' Choice: 33
  • Resident Evil 2- 79
    • Media Outlets: 52 | Readers' Choice: 27
  • Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice- 62
    • Media Outlets: 51 | Readers' Choice: 11
www.neogaf.com/threads/gotypicks-blog-2019-disscussion.1515178/

You may want to fix OP, FF7 Remake also won the Grand Award for PlayStation Partner Awards 2020 bumping the rewards up to 3. Give credit where credit is due.

RyRy93

New site is pretty cool.

Death Stranding GOTY 2019 is 19e here, never played it... should i?
Absolutely, it's probably one of the most divisive games ever made but those on the positive side really love it hence the high number of GOTY awards.

Everyone should try it purely for it's uniqueness and polish if nothing else.

Kerotan

New site is pretty cool.

Death Stranding GOTY 2019 is 19e here, never played it... should i?
It's low risk at that price.

Personally I loved it. Spent 110 hours to platinum it. The main story you should like.

If you really like the delivery and world building side of things there's about 70 hours of optional gameplay for you. If not just plough through the main story in 30/40 hours.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
What else is eligible, because TLoU 2 might run away with this.

Last of Us is doing as well as I hoped and expected. Favourite series of all time for me.

Wish Ashley had won best performance though.

Happy for the people who worked on it as I want them to make a third game if Neil has another story to tell.

It's fine if some people hate it but for the many of us who love it I hope the ridiculous unessecarry hate doesn't prevent another from being made.

It's funny because there are loads of games that I and others dislike but you just forget about them. Spending months hating a bit of media seems so forced.

I was disappointed with how LOST ended didn't hate on it for months though. Internet really brings out the strange in people.

Top Bottom