• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 7 |OT| Hitting the Apex

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
Just unlocked that track last night. Love it!

Was using a stock ZL1 and going back and forth with a C7. Aerodynamics vs raw power. I would draft the car and pass and vise/versa... held it off at the last second by moving side to side to keep him from drafting at the last 1/4 mile. Won by .167 :pie_roffles:
When ever i see a track like that i will think about this...

Timestamped!

Last edited:

HTK

Banned
Quick question to you all. So I purchased the standard GT7 game instead of the Digital Deluxe. I figured if I change my mind I'll just upgrade, well I've changed my mind but guess what...I can't upgrade to the Digital Deluxe now for the difference.

This used to be a feature on the PS Store, I used to do it for Call of Duty all the time. I would get the regular edition for $59.99 and if I like the game enough the store would allow me to upgrade to Digital Deluxe (69.99) for the difference of $19.99.

Did this change? Am I missing something? Am I shit out of luck now?

Aenima

Maybe I am "lucky" but I have been able to "guess" *exactly* where the roulette wheel would stop *EVERY* time and it is always on the lowest amount of coins. The whole concept is just sickening and so obviously "fixed" in my opinion. I have had lots of these but have never won anything other than the smallest amount of money and certainly never a car part or actual car.
I got 2 cars, a nitro and various amounts of credits. Is just that the lower prizes have a higher drop rate.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Quick question to you all. So I purchased the standard GT7 game instead of the Digital Deluxe. I figured if I change my mind I'll just upgrade, well I've changed my mind but guess what...I can't upgrade to the Digital Deluxe now for the difference.

This used to be a feature on the PS Store, I used to do it for Call of Duty all the time. I would get the regular edition for $59.99 and if I like the game enough the store would allow me to upgrade to Digital Deluxe (69.99) for the difference of $19.99.

Did this change? Am I missing something? Am I shit out of luck now?
You'll have to wait until they add a separate upgrade option. They sometimes do this several months in, if they do.

SLB1904

Banned
Maybe I am "lucky" but I have been able to "guess" *exactly* where the roulette wheel would stop *EVERY* time and it is always on the lowest amount of coins. The whole concept is just sickening and so obviously "fixed" in my opinion. I have had lots of these but have never won anything other than the smallest amount of money and certainly never a car part or actual car.
as you progress in the cafe you get higher tickets.

Three

- You can no longer sell prize cars
- Roulette is trash and often gives you the worst price out of the pool
- Races that give you a "decent" amount of money (like 50K and above) take forever and are ridiculously hard
The first two are also true in GT Sport and pissed me off. At least let me exchange them for milage points or whatever. Don't give me a prize that's literally worthless to me and make me feel depressed when it should be exciting to win a prize. The third is certainly not true though. There are higher earning races.

GenericUser

The first two are also true in GT Sport and pissed me off. At least let me exchange them for milage points or whatever. Don't give me a prize that's literally worthless to me and make me feel depressed when it should be exciting to win a prize. The third is certainly not true though. There are higher earning races.
I didn't find races that make more money. It's usually around 70K for like 25 minutes of racing at best. That rate is unacceptable, especially if they are selling in game credits for real money. I don't mind grinding if there is no real money shortcut to it. The Gran Turismos before the era of MT did it right, this game - not.

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
I didn't find races that make more money. It's usually around 70K for like 25 minutes of racing at best. That rate is unacceptable, especially if they are selling in game credits for real money. I don't mind grinding if there is no real money shortcut to it. The Gran Turismos before the era of MT did it right, this game - not.
You can gain much more in a shorter amount of time. Have you checked all the available races? Try the rally tracks!

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Credits are not hard to come by in this game.
There are also some guides on YT where you can get $1M in an hour or so.

R6Rider

Gold Member
In between doing menu books, license tests, and missions, I've started to do some Time Trials on various tracks.

My own rules are Sport Soft tires and no tuning otherwise. It's fun to try out various PP levels and see which ones are best on which tracks.

They even list the top 20 times overall and by each PP level (by one hundreds).

Last edited:

Aenima

Can you have duplicate cars? I hated that in GT Sport
Yes. Thers even a trophy to own 10 of thesame car in ur garage.

In GT Sport you could sell the cars u purchased but not the cars u eaned as a gift and since the roulete only gave u cars would reach a point where u only got worthless dupliates. GT7 roulette is better for the long run cuz can give you credits, so even a 2k credit is better than a duplicate million car

So i spebd the whole night trolling my friend over gold in license.

This game is amazing, im taking break from horizon, elden ring, hell let loose just to finish license this 2 weeks

Methos#1975

I see people on here saying this looks like a game from 2016 and here I am thinking that whoever at Polyphony that designed the lighting and weather systems for this game a deserve a fucking Nobel prize. Shit is insane. Easily the best looking racer out there and I say this as someone that loves Horizon 5

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I bought a car I wanted after my first (Camaro SS) only to find out it gave it to you as a prize. Was going to eventually acquire the Mustangs and it gave me most of those too.
Gift that keeps on giving. I did the same as well for several cars, lol.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Finally watching the credits roll. Weird that I didn’t even need to get the last 2 licenses to finish the main game.

Having Nurburgring be the final race was predictable but expected as racing on that track in fast cars (and at night) was tough. I ended up getting 9th in that one but had 3 golds and a silver in the other races so still won the overall championship with gold.

Last edited:

SLB1904

Banned
F270vqa.jpg

Nice draw 👌

cormack12

Gold Member
Whats the no limit on PP about? Can I really just buy a decent car, tune it and smash the field in the sunday cups?

I'm just kinda following the guide at the moment, working through whatever menu unlocks, licenses or races.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Whats the no limit on PP about? Can I really just buy a decent car, tune it and smash the field in the sunday cups?

I'm just kinda following the guide at the moment, working through whatever menu unlocks, licenses or races.
Most events have a recommended PP level and being around that provides a decent challenge.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

Most events have a recommended PP level and being around that provides a decent challenge.
That, and even if you tune your car to the teeth, and have a high PP, doesn't mean the car will even hook (even with soft slicks).

I had the 955HP ZL1 and had to resort back to the stock SC bringing it down to 830 and some change. The damn thing would just spin in high RPM through the first 4-5 gears, and even the slower cars performed better because I could not keep the thing planted to accelerate fast enough.

It's all a healthy balance. Need to play around with the rear downforce more, etc..

Last edited:

SLB1904

Banned
I've always hated rally courses. But with the wheel is so good. It feels fantastic and so easy to control the car

t_wilson01

I've only played for a few hours so far and even though there's an insane amount of button pressing required to advance through the game, I'm liking it.

Unfortunately the roulette is back. I hated it in GT3 and hate it here too.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Unfortunately the roulette is back. I hated it in GT3 and hate it here too.
I don't mind it, but have terrible luck with actually winning the cars. Out of dozens of them so far, I've gotten one vehicle and it was a pickup truck lol. I did win the nitrous once, but otherwise it's always the low Credits for me.

Celcius

°Temp. member
No multi-hour endurance races this time around?

Also, I see that there’s a trophy for getting a rain license… where do you go to take the tests for this one… is it after the S license?

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
Ugh, this final S license test is brutal. I can’t even finish the event, let alone worry about how fast I’m going.

Last edited:
Top Bottom