• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 7 |OT| Hitting the Apex

Aenima

How complex does the races/tournaments get further into the campaign? Do we get 10 lap races + qualifying rounds or something like that?
Yeah, the more you advance the more laps and longer the races are. No qualifyings yet. Only qualifying i did was for the online daily race.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
No it doesn't, at all. Where you getting this from?
Even the licences tell you to be aware of the weight shifting

When I play it feels like the car is on rails.

The only time I felt it was when I picked a small car (abarth) and lowered the weight and jacked up the horsepower….

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Already did after glowing reviews, of those I read none mentioned these dynamics.
Speaking on the MTX credits. You don't want them, don't buy them. They are seriously unnecessary for advancement or enjoyment of the game and I forget they even exist until I am reminded on this forum.

They do not impact a single thing and I found this game to be more rewarding than GTs in the past.

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
Hmm, today I log in and see that they’re doing server maintenance tonight so you can’t really play during that time and your progress won’t be saved. Feels weird to have it be like that for an offline game… it’s not like this is an MMO or something.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Hmm, today I log in and see that they’re doing server maintenance tonight so you can’t really play during that time and your progress won’t be saved. Feels weird to have it be like that for an offline game… it’s not like this is an MMO or something.
It's not an offline game.

SLB1904

Banned
Speaking on the MTX credits. You don't want them, don't buy them. They are seriously unnecessary for advancement or enjoyment of the game and I forget they even exist until I am reminded on this forum.

They do not impact a single thing and I found this game to be more rewarding than GTs in the past.

I remember playing gt 5 for countless hours the the only top end car I had was the sls amg

Aenima

When I play it feels like the car is on rails.

The only time I felt it was when I picked a small car (abarth) and lowered the weight and jacked up the horsepower….
Maybe some assist giving you that feeling. If you play with a controller turn off all assists, just set ABS to weak. Counter steer to weak, and the TCS between 0 and 2. The lower the traction controll the better throttle response the car have but in some cars might be harder to controll them if the car has too much power and low grip, so adjusting the TCS you can make the car feel better using a controller.

Last edited:

SLB1904

Banned
Maybe some assist giving you that feeling. If you play with a controller turn off all assists, just set ABS to weak. Counter steer to weak, and the TCS between 0 and 2. The lower the traction controll the better throttle response the car have but in some cars might be harder to controll them if the car has too much power and low grip, so adjusting the TCS you can make the car feel better using a controller.
To be honest I'll advice people to get use to TCS off. I tried TCS 1 and is so much slow compared to off.
Just get used to half throttle while cornering.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community

I’ll try that, thanks.

SLB1904

Banned
Limitations of PS4/PS5 power.

In rolling start,you don't have to render all cars at the same time so it requires less than if you had all cars on screen at the same time
Nope there are grid start in the game.
Rolling start is the most popular start in motorsport

Nankatsu

So at what time should I consider buying a car? I'm kind of afraid of jumping in on a purchase, even though the game is more grind friendly than I was expecting to be honest.

I'm currently at half a million, with only 2 licenses completely done. I've also been doing Café stuff mainly.

All the money I got so far is just sitting there, I just needed to slight upgrade a car to have a better performance in one of championships so far and that's basically it.

Last edited:

SLB1904

Banned
So at what time should I consider buying a car? I'm kind of afraid of jumping in on a purchase, even though the game is more grind friendly than I was expecting to be honest.

I'm currently at half a million, with only 2 licenses completely done. I've also been doing Café stuff mainly.

All the money I got so far is just sitting there, I just needed to slight upgrade a car to have a better performance in one of championships so far and that's basically it.
I would say hold. Finish what you want to do, and might even get the car you want for free.

Raven117

Gold Member
To be honest I'll advice people to get use to TCS off. I tried TCS 1 and is so much slow compared to off.
Just get used to half throttle while cornering.
I don't know about this. Many modern cars are designed around using some TCS...Im not saying turn it all to high, but using it a little bit (like 1), or changing it during the middle or a race, is often done both at the high sim level and real life.

SLB1904

Banned
I don't know about this. Many modern cars are designed around using some TCS...Im not saying turn it all to high, but using it a little bit (like 1), or changing it during the middle or a race, is often done both at the high sim level and real life.
You not wrong. But I feel like the TCS in gt7 is more aggressive than something like assetto corsa. Even when I put on 1 is so hard to go around hairpins. Sometimes you want to slide a bit(not oversteer lol) to have a great exit and with TCS on 1 you can feel the wheels locking up

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
You not wrong. But I feel like the TCS in gt7 is more aggressive than something like assetto corsa. Even when I put on 1 is so hard to go around hairpins. Sometimes you want to slide a bit(not oversteer lol) to have a great exit and with TCS on 1 you can feel the wheels locking up
I am going to start having it off from now on and see how I do.

I know I tend to keep it at 3 with more powerful cars in the rain, sometimes 4 or 5 depending on the speed I want. Low TCS is like skating on ice in those environments, as it should be.

SLB1904

Banned
I am going to start having it off from now on and see how I do.

I know I tend to keep it at 3 with more powerful cars in the rain, sometimes 4 or 5 depending on the speed I want. Low TCS is like skating on ice in those environments, as it should be.
Oh no. Don't turn off on the rain lol

Dry weather yeah. On the rain you need that at least 1 or 2

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Oh no. Don't turn off on the rain lol

Dry weather yeah. On the rain you need that at least 1 or 2
Yeah, I was being a bit cheeky in my response. But if it impacts the throttle response, acceleration, and weight shifting in the corners that much in dry, then I am game to give it a go with it off.

Last edited:

SLB1904

Banned
Idk it’s not the first racer I play, and I always used gamepads… and this stands out.
Try to do that camera set up to look more like a traditional race you will have the visual feedback of the suspension. But yeah on the wheel is amazing. Each car feels completely different to drive

Yeah, I was being a bit cheeky in my response. But if it impacts the throttle response, acceleration, and weight shifting in the corners that much in dry, then I am game to give it a go with it off.

Barr in mind you'll spin a lot until you get the muscle memory. Always half throttle if you wheel isn't straight. This game is not joke with the snap oversteer

Last edited:

Raven117

Gold Member
Yeah, I hear you. It does feel pretty aggressive in gt7. (In ACC it feels just about right).

It’s funny, gt explains to do something one way but actually rewards doing it another way often.

Can only get an hour or two in during the evenings on GT7 at the moment due to work, have swapped out the Switch for Vita in the work bag so I can get more Gran Turismo in thanks to the ol' PSP release. Mans gotta do what a mans gotta do

Celcius

°Temp. member
There’s a race on deep forest raceway that is 10 laps with tire wear and fuel consumption. I need a car that is 700 pp (or close) that can do 4 laps without pit stopping. Any suggestions?

SLB1904

Banned
There’s a race on deep forest raceway that is 10 laps with tire wear and fuel consumption. I need a car that is 700 pp (or close) that can do 4 laps without pit stopping. Any suggestions?
tyres.

try hard or mediums.

do you have to pit stop?

yQVoZ1K.jpg

TheMan

Anyone else have as bad luck as me? All of my roulette tickets have ended up in credits. Not single car or car part and I’m up to menu book 25
No cars or car parts for me either. I had some luck in that the first few tickets landed me the highest credit drop, but now I just get the puny single stack of coins EVERY TIME

Last edited:

TIGERCOOL

my friend has HDR set to always on in his ps5 settings but it's not being detected by the game... anyone experienced this? tcl r615, HDR functions fine in every other game

R6Rider

Gold Member
my friend has HDR set to always on in his ps5 settings but it's not being detected by the game... anyone experienced this? tcl r615, HDR functions fine in every other game
I was messing around with HDR yesterday (TCL R635) and it was working fine for me. I had it set to "On When Supported".

There's several things they can try including switching the 4k output to -1 and -2, restarting the PS5, restarting the TV.

Celcius

°Temp. member
GT7 in game says I’ve been playing for 45 hours which seems accurate to me, but under my PSN profile it says I’ve only been playing for 15 hours lol.

Also, is it possible to have it rain during a dirt race for some mud action?

TIGERCOOL

I was messing around with HDR yesterday (TCL R635) and it was working fine for me. I had it set to "On When Supported".

There's several things they can try including switching the 4k output to -1 and -2, restarting the PS5, restarting the TV.
we tried a bunch if things including the ones you listed. Weird issue.

Aenima

All gold for the IB licence. Funny that the reward for all bronze is better than the reward for all gold (Supra Race Car for bronze, Porsche Taycan for gold). And got another car from my daily workout ticket. :D

Inviusx Inviusx Whats the car reward for all gold in the last licence?

Inviusx

All gold for the IB licence. Funny that the reward for all bronze is better than the reward for all gold (Supra Race Car for bronze, Porsche Taycan for gold). And got another car from my daily workout ticket. :D

Inviusx Inviusx Whats the car reward for all gold in the last licence?

DM'd you to avoid spoilers 🙃

Inviusx

New patch, ver 1.06. Notes below:

Last edited:

Markio128

Gold Member
This is a game I just want to saviour for as long as possible. I’ve currently completed 18 menus, the first 2 licenses (all golds) and the first set of missions (all golds). I’ve barely looked at the online mode, which I’ll get more invested in once I’ve completed most of the single player. I’m just enjoying tinkering with the cars and seeing how they do on the track, often as just a time trial.

I’m still not sure if there are online time trial leaderboards for each track. Does anybody have an inkling?

SLB1904

Banned
Top Bottom