• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 7 |OT| Hitting the Apex

Dr.Morris79

As much as i appreciate the options to customize the hud it's not enough. Why can't i disable or enable each part individually or even change the position entirely? Adjustable size would also be nice.

If i drive some of those fancy Japanese cars and sit on the right my rearview mirror is completely useless because of the hud.
Aye, the hud options are not thought out at all. I ended up turning it all off..

And it there anyway to turn off the cabin wobble? I cant stand it. There is a wobble toggle but it seemed to just change it, not turn it off. I hate it.

ToadMan

No multi-hour endurance races this time around?

Also, I see that there’s a trophy for getting a rain license… where do you go to take the tests for this one… is it after the S license?
Rain trophy is bugged at the moment. It’s just part of the normal licenses so if you’ve done S you’ve already done it.

RaZoR No1

Rain trophy is bugged at the moment. It’s just part of the normal licenses so if you’ve done S you’ve already done it.
Was bugged,
after the new update it should work now.
If you already have beaten all licenses, redoing one of the rain tests and getting at least bronze will trigger/unlock it

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Man the difference between racing slicks and regular ass tires is huge. And using these tires still counts as road legal in all the races lol.
You just have to watch it for PP restricted races as you advance more in the menus. It boosts the PP a lot, and you may need to run a combination (or intermediate), or suffer detuning to be much slower.

Last edited:
Does anyone know how the used car lot works? It barely seems to change, and even a car I bought from it has stayed on the list for days. I figured it would change daily but that does not appear to be the case.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Does anyone know how the used car lot works? It barely seems to change, and even a car I bought from it has stayed on the list for days. I figured it would change daily but that does not appear to be the case.
Seems to change top row of cars per car collecting menu, and when a car gets sold out, it is swapped with a new one after the past midnight (00:00) refresh.

Aenima

From what i experienced it seems some cars 1st get marked as limited stock, then those cars get sold out after some days, then get replaced by a new car. Some of the cars that was already in the car dealer then get the limited stock mark and the circle continues that way with some cars leaving and new cars arriving. Same for the legendary car dealership.

Just dunno how long each of these transictions take.

Dunno if its related but i also think the used car dealer might be diferent for each player.

Seems to change top row of cars per car collecting menu, and when a car gets sold out, it is swapped with a new one after the past midnight (00:00) refresh.
Does everyone have the same used car lot, and there are actually a limited number of each car for all users to buy? Would be kinda cool actually, but also might be a bit impractical and explain why some of the cars won't go away - no demand for some of the lesser known cars.
From what i experienced it seems some cars 1st get marked as limited stock, then those cars get sold out after some days, then get replaced by a new car. Some of the cars that was already in the car dealer then get the limited stock mark and the circle continues that way with some cars leaving and new cars arriving. Same for the legendary car dealership.

Just dunno how long each of these transictions take.

Dunno if its related but i also think the used car dealer might be diferent for each player.
Yeah I noticed there seems to be some sort of stock level mechanic going on, just wonder if it's influenced by anything or if it just picks a random car and puts it on a timer.

Not that I even need a car since I was given so many, but I'm just curious when something like the Impreza 22B will show up.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Does everyone have the same used car lot, and there are actually a limited number of each car for all users to buy? Would be kinda cool actually, but also might be a bit impractical and explain why some of the cars won't go away - no demand for some of the lesser known cars.
I believe everyone has the same used car lot (minus the top row which is based on the car collecting menus and where people are at in advancement with those).

From what I seen, there is a limited number of cars. The Pantera sold out super fast for example on the first day or maybe second day of the game, and I wished I snagged it. There is now an '09 458 on there, but may hold off in case there is a Ferrari menu that I am unaware of (I did not look up spoilers).

Not sure if it eventually changes other cars that are not sold out over a longer period of time or not (weekly or monthly).

Last edited:

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
Aye, the hud options are not thought out at all. I ended up turning it all off..
I do this too but mostly to appreciate the wonderful look of the game more and to have better immersion.
And it there anyway to turn off the cabin wobble? I cant stand it. There is a wobble toggle but it seemed to just change it, not turn it off. I hate it.
I think it can't be disabled. I like the standard setting quite a bit but can't stand the second option.

Con-Z-epT

- Fixed an issue with the Sector 2's Bronze target time in the 'Circuit Experience' of the 'Willow Springs Raceway: Streets of Willow Springs' track that made the Bronze prize unachievable;

Those were the times...

51924302756_a7607b3677.jpg

Dr.Morris79

I do this too but mostly to appreciate the wonderful look of the game more and to have better immersion.

I think it can't be disabled. I like the standard setting quite a bit but can't stand the second option.
I'm just really hoping they patch in a few more options. I find it so jarring, it's almost like your driver is having a seizure half the time, or the car is..

Honestly dont get why the devs implement this in driving games, I get they want to add immersion but it takes me out of it. If my car acted like that whilst going at 70 mph, i'd stop it, get out and worry how much it'd cost to fix :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Con-Z-epT

I'm just really hoping they patch in a few more options. I find it so jarring, it's almost like your driver is having a seizure half the time, or the car is..

Honestly dont get why the devs implement this in driving games, I get they want to add immersion but it takes me out of it. If my car acted like that whilst going at 70 mph, i'd stop it, get out and worry how much it'd cost to fix :messenger_tears_of_joy:
More options for camera and HUD would be better for sure but i'm happy that i found something i can settle with and that feels satisfying. I think after a specific point in development you are too into the project and are so used to these things that you wouldn't consider these adjustments a problem whearas an outside person finds this jarring instantly. One can only hope that Polyphony will support GT7 for a longer time and that they will add more accessibility options down the road.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Just hit 50 hours on the clock. I grinded to get $1 million but I’m not sure I want to grind another $2 million to get the X1. I also kinda want that Penzoil Skyline but haven’t seen it in the used car shop yet.

Have any of you completed all of the mission? I’m just missing 3 in the last section but they’re really tough. Is anyone going for all golds in the missions?

SLB1904

Banned
Just hit 50 hours on the clock. I grinded to get $1 million but I’m not sure I want to grind another $2 million to get the X1. I also kinda want that Penzoil Skyline but haven’t seen it in the used car shop yet.

Have any of you completed all of the mission? I’m just missing 3 in the last section but they’re really tough. Is anyone going for all golds in the missions?
I think you get a mil if you finish all the missions. But I'm not sure I haven't fonish yet

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Maybe some assist giving you that feeling. If you play with a controller turn off all assists, just set ABS to weak. Counter steer to weak, and the TCS between 0 and 2. The lower the traction controll the better throttle response the car have but in some cars might be harder to controll them if the car has too much power and low grip, so adjusting the TCS you can make the car feel better using a controller.

That helped a lot. I think the counter steer Strong as game default is a tad much.

Thanks.

Con-Z-epT

Even after countless hours i'm still in awe about the dynamic time of day / wheather and the compositions it brings up. You start the race with headlights on while the day has barly started and fight your way through the ranks and then the sun rises you take the final corner and prepare for the last round and the game presents you a wonderful distraction. To add to that the motion blur in game is something else.

51929451662_3a548589fe_o.png

nikos

I love this game but its limitations are so disappointing, and it doesn't seem to be just me. Other sim racers I follow have had to change their rigs for compatibility. Even then, you can't really get a proper FOV, and the cockpit feels so claustrophobic at 16:9, so we're resorting to hood/bumper cams. I've found myself playing it a lot less than I imagined because of its limitations. Can't help but wish it were on PC.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Which is better, the Red Bull x2014 standard or the x2019 competition? The 2014 has a higher pp and turbo, but the x2019 has more horsepower at higher rpm and naturally aspirated.

Last edited:

Aenima

Even after countless hours i'm still in awe about the dynamic time of day / wheather and the compositions it brings up. You start the race with headlights on while the day has barly started and fight your way through the ranks and then the sun rises you take the final corner and prepare for the last round and the game presents you a wonderful distraction. To add to that the motion blur in game is something else.

51929451662_3a548589fe_o.png
Yeah, coming from GT Sport that has fixed weather and fixed time of day, all laps in GT Sport feel the same. In GT7 each lap feels unique as the time changes, sections of road that used to be in the sun are now in the shadow, when it turns into night it feels a completly diferent track as most of your visual references are gone and new ones take place. The dynamic weather is another, starting a race with blue skyes just with a few clounds, then you start seeing some nasty dark clouds coming in as the sky turns grey and you already expecting rain, sometimes rains alot other times just rains a little and stops, other times dont actually rain.
It can become frustating when you killing it and are already in 1st place, then starts rain like crazy in the last lap and you start sliding and end up in last. But i love it.

Celcius Celcius The Penzoil might appear in the legendary dealership, thats where the Castrol Supra was.

Last edited:

Fox Mulder

Just got the game and getting fucked at A-8 beginner dirt like a second off gold time. I went to look online and turns out there’s a bug where it has CM tires instead of Dirt after an update.

badboyyy

So I wanted to ask, maybe some players have answer for this gt7 bug. I love playing gt7, just passed B license and got all gold trophies, then I thought lets go to gt7 gt online races, but from there I lost my mind. Just started warm up lap and I cant fully accelerate, I checked settings same like offline, started online race (from 12 cars, 6 same cars like mine car) and I cant play, because my car is so slow, I cant fully accelerate. In offline modes plays just normal.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Is the consensus to stick with 4K60 or is ray tracing worth it for the replays?
I personally stick with 60. The replays look amazing with the shaky cam and panning shots at that framerate.

30 fps jittery look in contrast is jarring to me.

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
Now only 2 missions left (the last 2 in the last set). The next to the last one may be doable with some practice but that last one is another real tough one.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Just had my first freeze after 56.5 hours. I was trying to get the time attack trophy for doing 100 time trials and after loading up like 30 or 40 times in a row it froze up so had to quit the game and restart. Wondering if it’s caused by the new patch or just something that still has yet to be fixed.

Edit: reading online, looks like others are also having some freezes after the new patch.

Last edited:
I love this game but its limitations are so disappointing, and it doesn't seem to be just me. Other sim racers I follow have had to change their rigs for compatibility. Even then, you can't really get a proper FOV, and the cockpit feels so claustrophobic at 16:9, so we're resorting to hood/bumper cams. I've found myself playing it a lot less than I imagined because of its limitations. Can't help but wish it were on PC.
This game on PC with VR support would be so damn good.

Limitations of PS4/PS5 power.

In rolling start,you don't have to render all cars at the same time so it requires less than if you had all cars on screen at the same time
I can't even decide where to start. This is a next level of stupid..

ALL cars are rendered and loaded when the game starts. It only scales the texturecount when cars are further away, but all the assets are fully loaded.
Whether its a standing start or rolling.

Sorry, but your comment made me cringe and laugh at the same time....

molly14

Why does time of day only change in predetermined races, if you select a custom race and select time of day to 10x the time of day never changes in a race, and the night time option if you select that isn't actually at night.

Unknown?

Why does time of day only change in predetermined races, if you select a custom race and select time of day to 10x the time of day never changes in a race, and the night time option if you select that isn't actually at night.
It does change though. I thought the same but I did Trial Mountain at night 10x and it wasn't really night but after lap 2 I definitely needed my headlights due to how dark it was.

TIGERCOOL

IB-5 is bugged with the new update. Wrong tires on the car and it's offroad... makes it damn near impossible to get gold. Sucks I decided to start that license today

LostDonkey

Has ray tracing been disabled in the replays in this new update? It's only appearing now when I actually go into photo mode.

Edit: OK, I've tried two tracks now, Fuji and Autopolis in a Mitsubishi GTO and there is no ray tracing in the replays like there was before this update. Only when I actually activate the Camera mode to take a photo.

Last edited:

Ryuji Goda

Spent some time tuning a Renault for the Deepforest daily race. Finished 4th. Really cool to see time and money spent on tuning pay off.

I think I prefer the tuning model in daily races compared to the BOP Gtsport variant.

Malcolm9

So I wanted to ask, maybe some players have answer for this gt7 bug. I love playing gt7, just passed B license and got all gold trophies, then I thought lets go to gt7 gt online races, but from there I lost my mind. Just started warm up lap and I cant fully accelerate, I checked settings same like offline, started online race (from 12 cars, 6 same cars like mine car) and I cant play, because my car is so slow, I cant fully accelerate. In offline modes plays just normal.
Compared to GT Sport the current multiplayer in GT7 doesn't have BoP (Balance of Power), so people are able to tune their cars instead which leads to a very unbalanced multiplayer experience currently. Hopefully they will patch it.

Top Bottom