• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 7 |OT| Hitting the Apex

DJ12

Has ray tracing been disabled in the replays in this new update? It's only appearing now when I actually go into photo mode.

Edit: OK, I've tried two tracks now, Fuji and Autopolis in a Mitsubishi GTO and there is no ray tracing in the replays like there was before this update. Only when I actually activate the Camera mode to take a photo.
When I fired it up last night I had to go through the initial setup again, maybe you just clicked through this and with framerate being preselected you've just enabled that option without realising

SLB1904

Banned
Compared to GT Sport the current multiplayer in GT7 doesn't have BoP (Balance of Power), so people are able to tune their cars instead which leads to a very unbalanced multiplayer experience currently. Hopefully they will patch it.
There is a problem with the hybrids. They don't consider the electric motor as a horse power. But I expect to be fixed soon

LostDonkey

When I fired it up last night I had to go through the initial setup again, maybe you just clicked through this and with framerate being preselected you've just enabled that option without realising
Nope. I'm on prioritise ray tracing mode. Besides, if I wasn't, it wouldn't activate when I entered the camera mode.

Markio128

There is a problem with the hybrids. They don't consider the electric motor as a horse power. But I expect to be fixed soon
It seems like the online has been a bit of an afterthought compared to GT Sport. I’m hoping for a decent update to improve it before I get involved. A bit disappointed that there are no online time trial leaderboards either, even between friends.

Celcius

°Temp. member
To get the time attack trophy do you have to do 100 time trial laps, or just go into a time trial and back out to the menu 100 times?

Last edited:

TheShocker

I have not read through this thread so forgive me id this had been asked….but are there any plans to improve lobbies? You can’t invite friends and you can edit tracks or race parameters once you’ve created the lobby. You have to close it after each race if you want to change something.

LostDonkey

Mount Panarama ray traced reflections work in replays, So is it track specific then or what??

Edit: Different time of day, Trial mountain now has RT reflections. Either a bug or Tod dependent.

Last edited:

SLB1904

Banned
I have not read through this thread so forgive me id this had been asked….but are there any plans to improve lobbies? You can’t invite friends and you can edit tracks or race parameters once you’ve created the lobby. You have to close it after each race if you want to change something.
Yeah they are aware of it, we are waiting for the update

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
To get the time attack trophy do you have to do 100 time trial laps, or just go into a time trial and back out to the menu 100 times?
100 time trial events and not just laps and i would suggest to finish at least one round per event. I've read it somewhere but can't find it right now.

Celcius

°Temp. member
100 time trial events and not just laps and i would suggest to finish at least one round per event. I've read it somewhere but can't find it right now.
Oof, having to do a lap every time and then back out to the menu would take forever.

Does anyone know where to buy the bmw gr3 car required for that photo trophy?

Celcius

°Temp. member
Take one of the short oval courses.

Brand Central / Europe / BMW / Showroom / pick one of the Gr. 3s
Weird… in my game I see a single gr4 but no gr3’s

Edit: now I see it. They don’t have it in the name like the gr4 car but it’s next to the PP. thanks!

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I just tune the zl1 780hp. What a beast
Love that car! Have mine worked to 955HP, and set my downforce to max in the rear (250) and (165) in the front. Hooks much better. Used to spin with very little traction at high RPM through the first 4 gears.

Last edited:
Apparently the classic Sprinter Trueno I used to always get on previous GT games is only available at the legendary dealer, so plenty more grinding to go with this Toyota Corolla Levin GT-APEX version.

Finally got around to turning down counter steer & TCS as noted a couple of pages back and it certainly helps make the AE86 I've been working on more fun to drive, you can feel the tail slide out occasionally.

Wasn't as much fun in the rain, once you pass around 80mph on a Tokyo Express straight the back end just seems to slide constantly as if it couldn't get any grip. Non stop squeaky bum time so couldn't floor it unless in a tunnel :messenger_grinning_sweat: Loved the sound of the rain hitting the windscreen though, it's a nice touch especially as soon as you exit a tunnel flat out.

wOs

How much of a difference does manual shifting make in the license tests/overall? This is my first GT since the ps3 and I can't remember if I should force myself to get back in the habit.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Is it possible to tune a Red Bull x2014 or x2019 to get the pp below 800?

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
Did you tried the additional weight and a motor power limitation? It's cheap. Not sure if thats enough.
I haven’t bought it yet… was hoping to find out before I spent the $3 million lol

Also, just hit 60 hours and this is 100% going to be my 2022 GOTY. I skipped GT Sport and it’s good to see Gran Turismo back! Hopefully they can put out a patch soon to fix the issues we’ve been seeing since the last patch dropped. One thing I really want to see more of is original Gran Turismo tracks from older games being added in like Special Stage Route 5, Tahiti Road, and Grand Valley.

Last edited:

SLB1904

Banned
How much of a difference does manual shifting make in the license tests/overall? This is my first GT since the ps3 and I can't remember if I should force myself to get back in the habit.
Manuel should be standard for any player. You are looking at least 3 or 4 sec gain per lap

Reactions: wOs

Unknown?

I haven’t bought it yet… was hoping to find out before I spent the $3 million lol

Also, just hit 60 hours and this is 100% going to be my 2022 GOTY. I skipped GT Sport and it’s good to see Gran Turismo back! Hopefully they can put out a patch soon to fix the issues we’ve been seeing since the last patch dropped. One thing I really want to see more of is original Gran Turismo tracks from older games being added in like Special Stage Route 5, Tahiti Road, and Grand Valley.
Those would be great. Also an updated Seattle track. I'd like some GT4 ones too. Grand Canyon and El Capitan.

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
You are looking at least 3 or 4 sec gain per lap
No Way Reaction GIF by Tennis TV

R6Rider

Gold Member
I'm thinking about getting a racing wheel, but I haven't used one since PS1 lol.

What's a good one to get without spending too much? Logitech? Thrustmaster?

Also, is it better to stick to the paddle shifter with the wheels or to get the stick shifter as well?

Raven117

It seems like the online has been a bit of an afterthought compared to GT Sport. I’m hoping for a decent update to improve it before I get involved. A bit disappointed that there are no online time trial leaderboards either, even between friends.
Yeah, I mean, I would assume they are working on this as the multiplayer will give this game continued legs (like it did with sport).
I just tune the zl1 780hp. What a beast
Dude...no kidding. When you get it in the cafe, it is SO much better than anything else you have been given to drive up to that point.

SLB1904

Banned
I'm thinking about getting a racing wheel, but I haven't used one since PS1 lol.

What's a good one to get without spending too much? Logitech? Thrustmaster?

Also, is it better to stick to the paddle shifter with the wheels or to get the stick shifter as well?
Paddle shifter is just fine. The stick is great for slow cars for immersion. But paddle shifter does the job. And you don't want to use stick on gt cars lol
So yeah if you can afford it why not, but you definitely don't need it.

Now the wheel. Personally I wouldn't go back from my dd pro that's for sure. The immersion is just unparalleled. But it cost me a grand

Raven117

I do want to say one more time...starting you at the back of the pack during the cafe races to catch the top 3 in just a few laps is not good racing.

Sure its "fun" to do wild stuff...but in a real race (even a real simrace), you would never be as aggressive as you have to be to get in the top 3 from that far back in such a short amount of time. It promotes bad driving habits and unrealistic expectations of how racing is supposed to work.

It does not reward patience and looking for an opening. It rewards reckless driving.

Last edited:

Unknown?

I guess can't help but be outright fucking amazed at how good this looks on last-gen.

Polyphony always pushes hardware at the end of their life. Just look at how much better GT4 looks over GT3. Sport didn't have changing weather or time because it couldn't be done with their baked ray traced lighting but they figured how to make it work.

SLB1904

Banned
Night time in the torrential rain at the Nurburgring looks so good. All the particle effects, volumetric lighting, cockpit being lit up by opponent headlights and reflecting environmental lights.

similar video to yours.

the lighting in this game is just unreal.
im taking my time with single player, but imagine a race light that online? fuck it add rain as well. it will be a rate sink but ill take it

DJ12

I've got counter steering set to off, but whenever I slide and correct it also auto corrects which normally sends me off. Anyone else noticed this playing with controller.

All other assists are also off.

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
Downloading now. I hate starting these GT games late because I end up being the asshole in a Mini Cooper trying to challenge dudes in their super cars in the middle of the night. Maybe I'll actually spend enough time with this one to get a decent car.

If anyone is having issues with getting better results with rally cars in license or mission tests, apparently the new patch 1.06 messed them up. Im going for all gold and I cant even get bronze on one of the tracks so was like wtf. The patch swapped all rally cars tires from DIRT to RACE, so there is literally zero grip on track.

Aenima

If anyone is having issues with getting better results with rally cars in license or mission tests, apparently the new patch 1.06 messed them up. Im going for all gold and I cant even get bronze on one of the tracks so was like wtf. The patch swapped all rally cars tires from DIRT to RACE, so there is literally zero grip on track.
Its not a bug, they patched in the Samir mode.

Cohetedor

Has anyone figured out a way to restart the game without creating a whole new psn account? Deleting console and online saves doesn't work.

The patch fixed the progression bug for me but I found a great deal this past week on a g29 and a wheel stand for under $250 and kinda want to start from scratch with the wheel.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Has anyone figured out a way to restart the game without creating a whole new psn account? Deleting console and online saves doesn't work.

The patch fixed the progression bug for me but I found a great deal this past week on a g29 and a wheel stand for under $250 and kinda want to start from scratch with the wheel.
If you look in the online manual within the game, seems like I remember seeing a section on that

Last edited:

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
I've got counter steering set to off, but whenever I slide and correct it also auto corrects which normally sends me off. Anyone else noticed this playing with controller.

All other assists are also off.
Have you double checked settings as I have all assists off and I noticed it counter steering on its own. Checked options and it was back on. Maybe a bug.
Edit from memory it happened going from single player to multiplayer then back to single player.

Last edited:
Top Bottom