• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 7 |OT| Hitting the Apex

Gerdav

This guy gets it.

It's clear to see why those up in arms over this are mostly people that haven't played the game.

MTXs are not forced in anyway, the grind is pretty much as it has been since gt was birthed.

haters gonna hate GIF
This, my only issue with the game is the roulette tickets ar so obviously fixed, I have hammered the game since release and put I don’t know how many hours in, I finished all the menu’s a fortnight ago so this is not from a small sample by any means, but 85-90% are the absolute worse prize you can get and this needs fixing, I don’t expect or want forza style prizes out of them but these are taking the piss.

DJ12

This, my only issue with the game is the roulette tickets ar so obviously fixed, I have hammered the game since release and put I don’t know how many hours in, I finished all the menu’s a fortnight ago so this is not from a small sample by any means, but 85-90% are the absolute worse prize you can get and this needs fixing, I don’t expect or want forza style prizes out of them but these are taking the piss.
I've gotten some pretty sweet cars from the Roulette cards, think the most money I have got is 300000. But its definitely true that its not generous like forza horizon games.

Gerdav

I've gotten some pretty sweet cars from the Roulette cards, think the most money I have got is 300000. But its definitely true that its not generous like forza horizon games.
I too have had a couple of nice cars, and the biggest cash prize a few times, but it’s completely disproportionately off in how many times I get the absolute worse thing available.

And just to add with anyone thinking about buying the game, to put it into perspective by just playing the game with no thoughts of grinding or actively saving credits never mind the garbage roulette tickets, I constantly have, give or take around £1m credits in the bank.

TheMan

Is there a way to reliably find the older cars? Not liking this small rotation of used cars and legendary cars. Just let me buy what I can afford when I want it! Specially want the f40

Last edited:

Aenima

Is there a way to reliably find the older cars? Not liking this small rotation of used cars and legendary cars. Just let me buy what I can afford when I want it! Specially want the f40
Nop, gotta keep checking the dealerships daily. It sems they refresh new cars a bit faster now. The F40 was already in the legendary dealership. I bought it as its one of my favorite Ferraris. 1.4 millions if i remember well. So gotta wait untill it pops up again.

Fox Mulder

The instructor saying to study the demonstration more after a few fails is like

d6d.jpg

That laguna seca super formula gold license was pretty fun though. Just lick the stamp and send it full throttle through some of the turns.

Last edited:

TheMan

Nop, gotta keep checking the dealerships daily. It sems they refresh new cars a bit faster now. The F40 was already in the legendary dealership. I bought it as its one of my favorite Ferraris. 1.4 millions if i remember well. So gotta wait untill it pops up again.
Yeah I saw it, but I didn't have the credits or the time to grind for them that point. Guess I'll just keep checking

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
The instructor saying to study the demonstration more after a few fails is like

d6d.jpg
It's pretty much the blueprint to getting the gold times if you watch carefully. And these times are usually a lot faster than the gold requirement which leaves room for failure here and there.

CZY

I greatly dislike how having all aids turned off, all sim aspects turned on (fuel and tire usage etc) doesn’t net any additional credits. Some of these custom races I set up should be paying double and triple what they do imo.

I’d also really like to start over and allocate my funds differently, I think it’s bullshit that I can’t.

Those are my only two complaints with this game as of now.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I greatly dislike how having all aids turned off, all sim aspects turned on (fuel and tire usage etc) doesn’t net any additional credits. Some of these custom races I set up should be paying double and triple what they do imo.

I’d also really like to start over and allocate my funds differently, I think it’s bullshit that I can’t.

Those are my only two complaints with this game as of now.
Could you imagine if they did that.

GT7 PUNISHES LESS EXPERIENCED PLAYERS WITH LESS CREDIT & FORCES MTX CREDITS ON THEM TO BE EQUAL TO GT VETERANS.

DJ12

For love nor money can I do ia-10

Almost 200 miles of testing so far closest is 57.952!!!

Probably would've done it for a slide in the first corner.

But I must carry on......

And just kicked that it's done 57.706

Last edited:
Finished the single-player today and I gotta say as a GT fan, it got tiring by the end mainly because I was willing to admit they haven't evolved one bit, gameplay wise. By Menu 39 I was so sick and tired of rolling starts and first place drivers having an even bigger advantage. Its chase the carrot game, its not rubber-banding bad but its close. The reason why they give you 5 or 7 laps is because they know it will take you that long to catch up. If you drive perfectly, you will catch up to the first driver about one lap before the last. Otherwise its going to be neck and neck.

At least for Championships they could of implemented the qualifying system from GTS. So that you could actually start from a grid place that isnt fucking last every time. Especially towards the end its like every track had 5-7 laps and in my mind i was like fuck...here we go, another 15 minutes on one track. Also what is showing its age, RALLY. For a game that strives for realism, this is not how you drive a Rally race, you go one by one and then the timestamps are measured and preferably a point A to B travel, not 5 laps. DIRT has it but its an arcade, party dude bro exhibition rally. Also its laughable that those orange plastic fences are as strong as a concrete wall. There has been jsut too many other games that made me realize how backwards some GTs ideas are.

Cyborg

Why

Ryuji Goda Ryuji Goda Im at the same race, last one of the Porsche Cup.
Well grinding for credits isn't fun... races are mostly boring where you hear your tires ''scream'' and see cars race ''on tracks''. There is zero sensation or surprise during the races maybe it will get better later on....
Also getting those licenses is a dull activity IMO.

Con-Z-epT

Well grinding for credits isn't fun... races are mostly boring where you hear your tires ''scream'' and see cars race ''on tracks''. There is zero sensation or surprise during the races maybe it will get better later on....
A very superficial take but let's have a look.

Why would you grind for credits? Honest question! The game provides about 100 cars from café menus, licence tests, missions and tickets. With the money you got from all of this you can easily buy another 50 cars. The rest will come over time and not with brute force. And please don't respond with an 18.000.000 credits car.

You are playing a racing game. Off course you hear tires screech and cars racing. That's the whole point. How the game translates the act of driving into a digital piece of art, is where your arguments should lie.

The dynamic weather is quite the sensation and a surprise if you ask me since it completely changes the handling of a car directly proportional to the intensity of the rainfall. This adds a lot of tension to the game. Same goes for tire wear. And have you tried to deactivate the assistants?

I think even the act of driving alone and trying to get a good time can be quite exhilarating. And then i can compare how others did in my friends list which adds further goals to achieve.

You come across as someone who doesn't enjoy the game in the slightest sense.

Gerdav

I think your expectations were likely wrong, I’ll take a guess your not a fan of motorsport in general or we’re expecting something out of Drive to Survive, and a forza style “sim” racer.

NickFire

Are you playing on PS4 perhaps? The part about zero sensation is why I am wondering. I find the sensation to be really good. Talking weather affects on races, controller, and audio. It's a rare game that I play with headset for single player because the audio is really good.

Fox Mulder

Even with all the backlash the game is getting, no one is really complaining about the driving because it’s good. You also get feedback in the ps5 triggers now when it was dead in GT Sport on the ps4. Adding dynamic weather and time of day has been great and gave me a sensation when I saw a sunrise.

Getting gold licenses is a huge long time part of the franchise that people love. Even stuff like the missions are fun and a different way to play the game like with an eco challenge.

Last edited:

Raven117

Adding dynamic weather and time of day has been great and gave me a sensation when I saw a sunrise.
If you are talking about the race I think you are....absolutely. It felt awesome. (Thought at the time I was swearing at my TV because of having to play chase the leader for the umpteenth time driving like a maniac).

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
Im watching the Forza Horizon 5 Lets Go Series 6 and the guy named Chris (Principle Car Content Designer at Playground Games) was asked what he was playing lately and he answered GT7. Its just nice to hear people working on different platforms enjoying games from there main competitor and just telling it on there live stream.

Con-Z-epT

The spa licence test is brutal.
Given it's the last test, a decent challenge should be expected. It took me about 30 to 40 tries to get gold. In 90% of the time i couldn't even finish the test. In the end i'd say it's all about repetition and that the last stretch of the track is the part where your gold time will come from.

Top Bottom