• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Graphical Fidelity I Expect This Gen

shamoomoo

Jesus they can't even win with animals...

FLuIsQ8XoAMbM5I

horizonforbiddenwest_7hkah.png

horizonforbiddenwest_tukuc.png

FL_qkopXEAM0zI-

horizonforbiddenwest_mdjtb.png

horizonforbiddenwest_orjvs.png

horizonforbiddenwest_7tju0.png

Going throught the reeeee phototopic for hfw clearly show who is the best looking game between the 2.

It's like different engines produced different results,who would've guessed that?
tumblr_n9lnajHN8G1qz9mk5o1_640.gif

shamoomoo

I still fail to be impressed by SM2.
It's just the sm1 but running faster, higher res and loading much faster.
And there is RT if you squint hard enough.

imagine if uncharted4 looked exactly 3 but just ran at 60fps 1440p. yay ?
Are we really pretending these are some big changes? Aside from loading/traversal speed, there is nothing new
Aren't those improvements?

shamoomoo

And why i should give a flying fuck about what engine is used when a crossgen game looks better than a fully nextgen one?

Did i forced insomniac to use an engine that looks worse than decima?

I'm the final user, i only care for the end result dude.
GG were/are Sony's best studio when it comes to visuals,I would think that contributes to them being better than Insomniacs Games.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
The latest developer fellatio by the leading tech critic on the internet.

Super Mario Bros Wonder - Digital Foundry Tech Review - A Switch Masterpiece​

Actual title of their youtube video. I dont know. Maybe this 2D game IS a masterpiece, but it rings hollow after he's called everything from Horizon FW, Forza Horizon 5, TLOU Part 1, and Spiderman 2 as next gen visual masterpieces.

GymWolf

I haven’t gotten SP2 yet but boi did my hype die down completely for the game even though I was not totally in it for the graphics
I fear some other things other than graphic:

Morales being half of the story even if i don't give a fuck about him and his alvin the chipmunk squeeky voice
Did we really lost the asian cool detective to get even more asian fatso and jawline communications? (I know about the dlc with her but still...)
Do they go hammer heavy on peter being a toxic male when he is under symbiote influence with miles and mj being the voice of the reason?

Only time is gonna answer these question, first one had a great fucking plot for a superhero vg.

GymWolf

GG were/are Sony's best studio when it comes to visuals,I would think that contributes to them being better than Insomniacs Games.
Yeah but then again, crossgen vs fully nextgen and people acting like sp2 is the best thing ever since tera patrick exclusive edition fleshlight in the df topic...

And trolling people who think that it doesn't actually look THAT great for a fully nextgen sony first party after more than 3 years of nextgen to add salt to the injury.

This is why some of us discuss the game in here, at least we can joke about the flaws without being scolded by fanboys.

We are all buying and finishing the game, sony already won, let me at least have some fun with it.

Last edited:

alloush

I fear some other things other than graphic:

Morales being half of the story even if i don't give a fuck about him and his alvin the chipmunk squeeky voice
Did we really lost the asian cool detective to get even more asian fatso and jawline communications? (I know about the dlc with her but still...)
Do they go hammer heavy on peter being a toxic male when he is under symbiote influence with miles and mj being the voice of the reason?

Only time is gonna answer these question, first one had a great fucking plot for a superhero vg.
Exactly. Graphics are the least of my concerns for this game because I accepted they were gonna be subpar, but I fear other aspects of the game might not be up to par even though it is the highest rated spidey game by insomniac.

I loved the first two mind you but the negativity surrounding the game over here did dampen my mood for it not gonna lie and by no means I am saying the criticism surrounding the game is not warranted because it is.

SlimySnake

And why i should give a flying fuck about what engine is used when a crossgen game looks better than a fully nextgen one?

Did i forced insomniac to use an engine that looks worse than decima?

I'm the final user, i only care for the end result dude.
Hey, remember when a certain user said that all Sony devs should pool their resources and work on one engine, preferably Decima to ensure more consistent visuals. No need for double the work. They all benefit from each other's work put in for the engine.

I was mocked for that. now people are making excuses for an underwhelming upgrade because they didnt have the resources to upgrade their engine. Sony made $25 billion in revenue last year. I dont want to hear lack of resources or engine excuses from a multi billion first party publisher.

I haven’t gotten SP2 yet but boi did my hype die down completely for the game even though I was not totally in it for the graphics
Dont let us bring down your excitement. The intro was absolutely fantastic. This is the best opening 30 minutes of a game ive played this gen. Yes, horizon can render better looking animals, but the first hour of that game put me to sleep. here it is an intense half an hour long setpiece with some of the most next gen moments you will experience all gen. Sure, they might not LOOK next gen but they definitely had that feel of playing something truly next gen.

The graphics criticisms of the game do not override the massive improvements made to setpieces, boss fights, combat and mission design. Honestly, even after the half an hour long setpiece, the game has felt like a fantastic superhero game the way they have incorporated storytelling into the tutorial levels. It feels like a game designed by people who GET video games.

GymWolf

Exactly. Graphics are the least of my concerns for this game because I accepted they were gonna be subpar, but I fear other aspects of the game might not be up to par even though it is the highest rated spidey game by insomniac.

I loved the first two mind you but the negativity surrounding the game over here did dampen my mood for it not gonna lie and by no means I am saying the criticism surrounding the game is not warranted because it is.
My biggest hope is for the combat and traversal, if they improved both and the story is at least decent i'm gonna be happy.

In the end, even if subpar, it still look better than 80% of games on the market, we are not stupid or blind, we fucking know this (not directed to you)

Last edited:
I still fail to be impressed by SM2.
It's just the sm1 but running faster, higher res and loading much faster.
And there is RT if you squint hard enough.

imagine if uncharted4 looked exactly 3 but just ran at 60fps 1440p. yay ?
Are we really pretending these are some big changes? Aside from loading/traversal speed, there is nothing new
I don’t know what’s left to look forward to for graphics… maybe avatar?

I really expect bluepoints next game and ghost of Tsushima 2 to melt eyes. Sucker punch is so underrated as a graphical studio

GymWolf

I really expect bluepoints next game and ghost of Tsushima 2 to melt eyes. Sucker punch is so underrated as a graphical studio
Sw outlaw
Alan wake 2
Warhammer tps part 2

Those are the closest ones, to bad they all look crossgen at best imo, they don't have that clear jump that put hfw or even tlou cheap remake to shame.

Tsushima 2
New bend game
New nd game
New sm corey game
New bluepoint game
Gta6

Those are the last hopes.

Last edited:
This is ultimately why I'm not touching the game yet, but will eventually get it because my sons fav super hero is Spiderman. The last one I stopped playing after about 6 hours and this one just kind of looks more or less the same, just a visually improved world and better traversal, but the same core gameplay loop that didn't interest me.
Same boat. I don’t like this trend, primarily Sony games. Where it can’t just be a video game? Ya know what I mean?

Like what is a game comprised of? let’s say, combat, stealth, and puzzles. Great. But no. You can’t just design your game around that any more. Because we have to ape film and TV. And film and tv aren’t all just action scenes right? No no they have slow scenes and quiet scenes and scenes for pacing where it’s less high octane. So we need that in our video GAME(?!?!) because we have a boner for cinema and television and want to be taken seriously like them.

So here’s Spider-Man riding a bike. Here’s a god awful Mary Jane section. Here’s that god awful ironwood Atreus section. Here’s scuba diving for literal garbage in uncharted 4 as your day job

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Alan Wake 2 looks amazing and comes out next week. Avatar is the only other big showpiece left. I have very impressed by A LOT of games this year visually. I am pretty sure SPiderman will impress with its visuals in time, I can already see hints of some stunning lighting and world design despite the level being covered in sand right now. Forza, Starfield, FF16, and even Star Wars have impressed me with their fidelity.

next year is Hellblade 2, Star Wars Outlaws, next gen only Assassins Creed that is rumored to feature full scale destruction, and maybe wolverine and death stranding. We should get death stranding footage in december at the VGAs so Avatar might not be the only thing left to look forward to. Who knows maybe ND and Sucker Punch will show up as well.

Last edited:

shamoomoo

Yeah but then again, crossgen vs fully nextgen and people acting like sp2 is the best thing ever since tera patrick exclusive edition fleshlight in the df topic...

And trolling people who think that it doesn't actually look THAT great for a fully nextgen sony first party after more than 3 years of nextgen to add salt to the injury.

This is why some of us discuss the game in here, at least we can joke about the flaws without being scolded by fanboys.

We are all buying and finishing the game, sony already won, let me at least have some fun with it.
No,who was saying Spider-Man 2 was the best looking and best playing game?

Maybe folks on Twitter but I don't use Twitter so I wouldn't know.
Only people I've seen say anything about Spider-Man 2 are people here and it varied from hyperbolic to mild commentary.

Again, different engines will yield different results.

Sw outlaw
Alan wake 2
Warhammer tps part 2

Those are the closest ones, to bad they all look crossgen at best imo, they don't have that clear jump that put hfw or even tlou cheap remake to shame.

Tsushima 2
New bend game
New nd game
New sm corey game
New bluepoint game
Gta6

Those are the last hopes.
Zero interest in Star Wars
May get Alan wake
Shame on me I forgot about space marines 2. That game looks so next gen

Ghosts of Tsushima 2 yes

Bend game? Nah doubtful. It’s an online thing and most of the talent that made the highly underrated days gone has left

Naughty dog? If that games comes out before I’m 80 years old sure.

Santa Monica? Eh. Sure maybe. I don’t trust them after Ragnarok graphically speaking. And again, if it can ship before I’m 80 that’d be great

Bluepoint? Hell yes. I’m a huge fan of their work. Demon souls is still the best looking game to me

GTA 6? We’ll see. I’m skeptical but also hopeful

GymWolf

No,who was saying Spider-Man 2 was the best looking and best playing game?

Maybe folks on Twitter but I don't use Twitter so I wouldn't know.
Only people I've seen say anything about Spider-Man 2 are people here and it varied from hyperbolic to mild commentary.

Again, different engines will yield different results.
Just go into the review topic or the df topic.

Hard not to notice the insomniac overblown praises.

SlimySnake

Dont expect GTA6 to look much better than Spiderman 2. Guys like john from Digital Foundry and Rockstar's own billion dollar marketing campaign will make it LOOK next gen but the game itself is rooted in last gen design and graphics I can promise you. It started dev in 2014 and up until 2019, it was being developed on shitty jaguar CPU ridden PS4 devkits. If it was a next gen only game designed to blow us away, they wouldve been developing on PCs.

I am sure in terms of ambition and content it will be as impressive as RDR2, but dont expect a generational leap like the Matrix where even the NPCs look better than main characters in other games.

i4BRsja.jpg

GymWolf

Zero interest in Star Wars
May get Alan wake
Shame on me I forgot about space marines 2. That game looks so next gen

Ghosts of Tsushima 2 yes

Bend game? Nah doubtful. It’s an online thing and most of the talent that made the highly underrated days gone has left

Naughty dog? If that games comes out before I’m 80 years old sure.

Santa Monica? Eh. Sure maybe. I don’t trust them after Ragnarok graphically speaking. And again, if it can ship before I’m 80 that’d be great

Bluepoint? Hell yes. I’m a huge fan of their work. Demon souls is still the best looking game to me

Tsushima was not better looking than days gone, just a better(?) Artstyle, from what i know, bend only lost the 2 headchiefs, not the whole tema behind the graphic and the team is probably way bigger now, and from what i know, their next projects is a single player open world (maybe it has some online functions like you say), so between the 2 team i have almost more faith in bend to deliver, some graphical things in tsushima were amateur hour.
(And they are just inferior by default for not usong ragdoll in their games :lollipop_squinting: )

Ragnarock was not made by corey and it was crossgen, so not really indicative, but they have even bigger problems than insomniac with character rendering for anything that wasn't kratos or angrboda (and even them are not on the level of the best), maybe it is their stylized artstyle but their human characters look too cartoonyand undetailed sometimes.

Bluepoint can do the jump from promising team to full fledged great team, i'm still not sold entirely.

Gta6 is probably gonna look kinda worse than spidey 2 but with way better interactions with the world, npcs, simulations etc.
Also, it is gonna be harder to find scene where the game is gonna look but ugly like sp2 if rdr2 is anything to go by, that game look at least good 99% of the time even with mediocre models and textures, something in the scene composition and art design do the trick.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Dont expect GTA6 to look much better than Spiderman 2. Guys like john from Digital Foundry and Rockstar's own billion dollar marketing campaign will make it LOOK next gen but the game itself is rooted in last gen design and graphics I can promise you. It started dev in 2014 and up until 2019, it was being developed on shitty jaguar CPU ridden PS4 devkits. If it was a next gen only game designed to blow us away, they wouldve been developing on PCs.

I am sure in terms of ambition and content it will be as impressive as RDR2, but dont expect a generational leap like the Matrix where even the NPCs look better than main characters in other games.

i4BRsja.jpg
They must have updated the npcs on pc because when i tried the demo on ps5 they looked just good (the low res and shit iq didn't helped)

Because i swear i zoomed for 5 min into npcs and i was not impressed in the slightest.

SlimySnake

Yeah after we lower our standards and gaslight ourselves into thinkin it looks acceptable for a big AAA PS5 only exclusive
it's not gaslighting yourself if you are able to be mature about a game's flaws, strengths and weaknesses. There are clear leaps here, and clear flaws. Focusing exclusively on flaws is how you get studios who made games like AC Unity and DriveClub shutdown or repurposed as support studios. It's how you get spear campaigns against Cyberpunk and Starfield at their respective launches instead of celebrating their stunning visuals. There have to be more measured takes than the constant outrage culture that thrives on the internet because if something has flaws, it MUST BE ALL BAD. Thats a very childish way of looking at things. Just like how starfield looks like dogshit on some planets, and next gen indoors, Spiderman can and will look better under different lighting conditions. Its not gaslighting when you are trusting your eyes instead of manipulating yourself into blind hatred for a game due to some flaws.

SlimySnake

They must have updated the npcs on pc because when i tried the demo on ps5 they looked just good (the low res and shit iq didn't helped)

Because i swear i zoomed for 5 min into npcs and i was not impressed in the slightest.
Thats a rofif screenshot from the PS5 version back when the demo first came out. he has other shots.

Maybe hes using photomode but in my experience, i was able to get very similar screenshots by simply standing next to them without ever going into photomode. they are using metahuman characters as NPCs iirc.

rofif

Banned

i4BRsja.jpg
Hey that's my shot from ps5 version of the demo!
here is some more + Scenarios from similar angle to whats in spider man:
The characters are metahuman. Nothing special. Anyone can use metahuman right now.

UAlDJn6.jpg

2mxjLrS.jpg

vurab2F.jpg

YoyPVco.jpg

it's not gaslighting yourself if you are able to be mature about a game's flaws, strengths and weaknesses. There are clear leaps here, and clear flaws. Focusing exclusively on flaws is how you get studios who made games like AC Unity and DriveClub shutdown or repurposed as support studios. It's how you get spear campaigns against Cyberpunk and Starfield at their respective launches instead of celebrating their stunning visuals. There have to be more measured takes than the constant outrage culture that thrives on the internet because if something has flaws, it MUST BE ALL BAD. Thats a very childish way of looking at things. Just like how starfield looks like dogshit on some planets, and next gen indoors, Spiderman can and will look better under different lighting conditions. Its not gaslighting when you are trusting your eyes instead of manipulating yourself into blind hatred for a game due to some flaws.
Rare arkhamguy123 and SlimySnake disagreement.

Because I completely disagree. Driveclub and AC:unity looked simply astounding when they came out. And still do in some ways. They had ambition. Driveclub with its clouds and weather. AC with its crowds, city scale, and texture and lighting. Spider-Man 2 is a JOKE by comparison. A complete fucking joke. It looks worse in some ways than it’s predecessors. It looks worse than a launch title. It looks worse than some cross Gen games.

They took the first game, said wooooah instant loadingggg, woooooah faster traversal, woooooah this cutscene where we throw a character across the city to flex on the SSD. Now these things are cool. But cmon. I’m not impressed that that’s all you did and called it a day basically. There’s nothing immature about rightfully trashing this low effort from insomniac. They need to be taken to task. I’d counter doing what you’re sayin would have the opposite effect.

As in, telling them it’s okay and letting them get away with it is exactly how we ensure we DONT see anymore driveclubs or unitys

Last edited:

i4BRsja.jpg
They were testing only as low as a 1080 ti or something. And it was never truly confirmed if it was a PS4 dev kit or an early proto ps5 dev kit which allegedly used the PS4 Home Screen as the PS5 Home Screen design was still being finalized

They primarily tested on a 2080. (Next Gen specs) and up to a 3080. And they could still raise their bar. But we’ll see. The 1080 is concerning but again, they could just up the graphics and leave that minimum spec behind. I’m playing gta v with my friend online and I’m still mystified at the shit they did on the 360 and PS3. Simply mystified. And the base of gta v is so strong a little rinky dink ps5 remaster and honestly it looks fairly modern in some ways. The game can still be pretty.

Their work on that and RDR2 give me hope

GymWolf

Thats a rofif screenshot from the PS5 version back when the demo first came out. he has other shots.

Maybe hes using photomode but in my experience, i was able to get very similar screenshots by simply standing next to them without ever going into photomode. they are using metahuman characters as NPCs iirc.
Did i had a faulty demo or something?
An old version maybe?

Or it's just another photomode fuckery like for cyberpunk.

SlimySnake

Tsushima was not better looking than days gone, just a better(?) Artstyle, from what i know, bend only lost the 2 headchiefs, not the whole tema behind the graphic and the team is probably way bigger now, and from what i know, their next projects is a single player open world (maybe it has some online functions like you say), so between the 2 team i have almost more faith in bend to deliver, some graphical things in tsushima were amateur hour.
Sorry to break it to you, but one of the 2 headchiefs said that 90 developers from the team have already left the studio. And bend, like sucker punch is a smallish 100 person studio. they have probably been replaced but its not the same studio. sucker punch is mostly the same people still. Only hope is that they did wonders with UE4 and are likely using UE5.

remember, they had an exodus after their Days Gone 2 pitch was rejected then they brought in hollywood writers to do an Uncharted spinoff which was cancelled after ND kept turning down their ideas and fucking with their vision. Even though these guys made an excellent PS Vita Uncharted game. ND was just being ND, but after the uncharted spinoff was cancelled, not only did they lose the hollywood guys but also a bunch of other devs as well.
Ragnarock was not made by corey and it was crossgen, so not really indicative, but they have even bigger problems than insomniac with character rendering for anything that wasn't kratos or angrboda (and even them are not on the level of the best), maybe it is their stylized artstyle but their human characters look too cartoonyand undetailed sometimes.
Yep.
Gta6 is probably gonna look kinda worse than spidey 2 but with way better interactions with the world, npcs, simulations etc.
Yep. Insomniac focuses on storytelling and setpieces while rockstar focuses on world interactions. But then again its a lot of dumb shit like painstakingly animating NPCs eating food, railroad workings meticulously hammering away nails, entire companies cutting down trees together, voicing every single fucking NPC in the game etc. Stuff i didnt even notice until someone went viral on youtube.
Also, it is gonna be harder to find scene where the game is gonna look but ugly like sp2 if rdr2 is anything to go by, that game look at least good 99% of the time even with mediocre models and textures, something in the scene composition and art design do the trick.
This is true. RDR2 is probably so consistent because it was made by 3000+ people. All 7 rockstar studios working on one game for five years while the 500 person insomniac team had 2.5 years and was split between wolverine, spiderman2 and their gaas superhero game. so maybe 200-300 people vs 3000 people. simply cant polish every single angle/area etc.

Last edited:
(And they are just inferior by default for not usong ragdoll in their games :lollipop_squinting: )

Bluepoint can do the jump from promising team to full fledged great team, i'm still not sold entirely.

We may have to agree to disagree on GoT vs DG graphics. I think ghosts has flaws yes but was pretty astounding visually. But then again so was DG… I think they’re about tied to me but I may go with GoT if I had a gun to my head

GymWolf

Sorry to break it to you, but one of the 2 headchiefs said that 90 developers from the team have already left the studio. And bend, like sucker punch is a smallish 100 person studio. they have probably been replaced but its not the same studio. sucker punch is mostly the same people still. Only hope is that they did wonders with UE4 and are likely using UE5.

remember, they had an exodus after their Days Gone 2 pitch was rejected then they brought in hollywood writers to do an Uncharted spinoff which was cancelled after ND kept turning down their ideas and fucking with their vision. Even though these guys made an excellent PS Vita Uncharted game. ND was just being ND, but after the uncharted spinoff was cancelled, not only did they lose the hollywood guys but also a bunch of other devs as well.

Yep.

Yep. Insomniac focuses on storytelling and setpieces while rockstar focuses on world interactions. But then again its a lot of dumb shit like painstakingly animating NPCs eating food, railroad workings meticulously hammering away nails, entire companies cutting down trees together, voicing every single fucking NPC in the game etc. Stuff i didnt even notice until someone went viral on youtube.

This is true. RDR2 is probably so consistent because it was made by 3000+ people. All 7 rockstar studios working on one game for five years while the 500 person insomniac team had 2.5 years and was split between wolverine, spiderman2 and their gaas superhero game. so maybe 200-300 people vs 3000 people. simply cant polish every single angle/area etc.
Jesus, rip bend.

rofif

Banned

yeah I am using photo mode.
But only on very few shots. The ones with heavy depth of field.
Others are just flying camera.
The game image quality stabilizes when you are not moving

GymWolf

We may have to agree to disagree on GoT vs DG graphics. I think ghosts has flaws yes but was pretty astounding visually. But then again so was DG… I think they’re about tied to me but I may go with GoT if I had a gun to my head
They are comparable sure.

Bend was more impressive to me because the game moves more things on screen in the most chaotic moments and it was their first big game on home console, sucker punch was way more experienced.

Too bad they dismantled the team :messenger_sad_relieved:

Jesus, rip bend.
Yeah I told you. I wouldn’t expect much from these guys.

Also they were the one Sony studio that was infamously not woke. And the people they replaced the whole studio with basically went out and released a public statement clutching their pearls and disowning the comments of their former creative director when he said that some of the bad reviews were gaming journalist that got their feathers ruffled by the game featuring a white heterosexual lead couple in which there was sexuality present as the guy looks at her ass and stuff.

(Which I actually am inclined to agree with)

Last edited:

GymWolf

Yeah I told you. I wouldn’t expect much from these guys.

Also they were the one Sony studio that was infamously not woke. And the people they replaced the whole studio with basically released a public statement clutching their pearls and disowning the comments of their former creative director when he said that some of the bad reviews were gaming journalist that got their feathers ruffled by the game featuring a white heterosexual lead couple in which there is sexuality present and the guy looks at her ass and stuff.

(Which I actually am inclined to agree with)
Yeah now i remember hearing something about that...

How sad it is to not being excited for the next sony first party titles? If you told me this at the end of ps4 gen i would have laughed at you.

Last edited:
Yeah now i remember hearing something about that...

How sad it is to not being excited for the next sony first party titles? If you told me this at the end of ps4 gen i would have laughed at you.
Dude I know. They were absolutely KILLING it from the PS2 Gen to PS4 Gen.

The sheer diversity on offer all through the PS3 Gen was staggering. A dope ass big budget FPS series (Killzone), goddamn little big planet, a superhero game from sucker punch, MAG, socom, motorstorm, another FPS series (resistance), the last of us and uncharted just off the top of my head

Then admittedly they got very homogenous during the PS4 Gen but kinda made up for it with the sheer tech innovation and visual fidelity (as well as great writing and acting and stories and gameplay) but the graphics holy shit. Their exclusives were straight punking multiplat AAA games running on $2000+ PCs. And you could only play them on PS4.

It seemed like each one would come out and have some “WOW” visual feature or simulation you’ve never seen before.

….. and now we’re here.

SlimySnake

Rare arkhamguy123 and SlimySnake disagreement.

Because I completely disagree. Driveclub and AC:unity looked simply astounding when they came out. And still do in some ways. They had ambition. Driveclub with its clouds and weather. AC with its crowds, city scale, and texture and lighting. Spider-Man 2 is a JOKE by comparison. A complete fucking joke. It looks worse in some ways than it’s predecessors. It looks worse than a launch title. It looks worse than some cross Gen games.

They took the first game, said wooooah instant loadingggg, woooooah faster traversal, woooooah this cutscene where we throw a character across the city to flex on the SSD. Now these things are cool. But cmon. I’m not impressed that that’s all you did and called it a day basically. There’s nothing immature about rightfully trashing this low effort from insomniac. They need to be taken to task. I’d counter doing what you’re sayin would have the opposite effect.

As in, telling them it’s okay and letting them get away with it is exactly how we ensure we DONT see anymore driveclubs or unitys
But both DC and AC Unity were eviscerated because of some misplaced criticism. All I am saying is that simply focusing on the negatives can lead to stuff like that. Obviously insomniac isnt going to be shutdown after selling 5 million copies of spiderman 2 in 3 days, but the point i am trying to make is that you can appreciate its achievements while criticizing the rest. Simply focusing on the achievements like John does with every game and ignoring the flaws is just as bad as focusing on the negatives and convincing oneself that the game isnt doing anything next gen.

These two screenshots are from the same game. Generational difference within a span of half an hour.

CtlXUEQ.jpg

F84v9z3XEAAvM57

Here is a comparison from Miles.

Its obvious that the game has an upgrade. it doesnt always show because of its last gen roots that I agree NEED to be called out. Especially from a first party studio trying to sell a $70 game. Especially when tech journos are too afraid to piss off devs. Especially when devs have created bubbles around them on twitter and era.

Last edited:
Top Bottom