• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush 2 |OT| Mewton's Law of Gravity

Ferr986

Throwing is actually useful in combat now. Woo!

It's actually better than everything else so far (I still don't have Jupiter/Lunar modes). It feels like it does more damage than a gravity kick.

Still a little lost about the mining missions
entered one where it said a rare Nevi should pop. It was a beefed up boss from the first Rift, dunno if that was the rare Nevi or not. I don't even know what is the nº of miners or the coloured gems that show in each mission, or what the different types of mining missions are.

Game seems to have a lot of additional content. Side quests can be long too.

It's actually better than everything else so far (I still don't have Jupiter/Lunar modes). It feels like it does more damage than a gravity kick.

Still a little lost about the mining missions
entered one where it said a rare Nevi should pop. It was a beefed up boss from the first Rift, dunno if that was the rare Nevi or not. I don't even know what is the nº of miners or the coloured gems that show in each mission, or what the different types of mining missions are.

Game seems to have a lot of additional content. Side quests can be long too.
That Nevi got me way more times than it had any right to :D Throwing seems a bit too powerful honestly, I used it nearly exclusively for both said Nevi and the first challenge.

This is getting ridiculous. (As of 1:30AM PST 1/19/2017)

hcmwjxU.png

I paid for Amazon Prime for a reason - if I don't get it on release day I'll be very annoyed...

wapplew

okay i'm stuck again

i'm on the mission where kat gets kick out of her house and has to go to the train station to find a new place but any time i get close i just get teleported but to the start, what am i mean to do?

wait this a joke right? i got my copy for $40 and i swear there is still another copy there when i last checked

Take the train.

LotusHD

Banned
This is getting ridiculous. (As of 1:30AM PST 1/19/2017)

I paid for Amazon Prime for a reason - if I don't get it on release day I'll be very annoyed...

You're supposed to get it on the 20th, right? Then don't worry, you should be fine. They normally say it'll be there by 8, but it comes a lot earlier in my experience.

If not, then... Shit.

jobrro

Watched the bridging animation and played first few chapters. Enjoying it as much as I thought I would. Learning Japanese and am used to listening and understanding only a few words in a sentence, so the fake audio language is sort of throwing me off lol. Can't wait to get back in.

If not, then... Shit.

Thing is: I have two day shipping. According to the tracker, it hasn't even shipped yet.

If it ships on the 19th, it won't be here on/before the 20th.

That is unless they mean "Whatever it takes to get it to you on release day" when they say "Release Day Shipping"...

LotusHD

Banned
Thing is: I have two day shipping. According to the tracker, it hasn't even shipped yet.

If it ships on the 19th, it won't be here on/before the 20th.

That is unless they mean "Whatever it takes to get it to you on release day" when they say "Release Day Shipping"...

True, but I dunno, it says it'll arrive tomorrow. From my experience, it wouldn't update and lead you on like that if it was going to end up late. I think so long as it actually ships at a reasonable time later today, it'll ultimately come on time. But yea, that's odd.

The fake language reminds me a lot of Panzer Dragoon.
I hate it. Why not just localize it into French and stick that in as the VA?

Number45

I don't have the game anymore, nor is it in my cloud saves. Only hope left is for the game to recognize the trophies or something lmao
I had a similar problem with Infamous Second Son. I traded it in then when the Fetch DLC came out and had a bonus for an SS save - even though I had the save on the console it didn't recognise it, so it seems like you need the game "bubble" on there as well. :(

wapplew

The struggle to run on train track is real. This side quest is killing me, almost an hour keep retry.
Tips for anyone facing same problem, don't move the left stick, push forward and turn with right stick.

LotusHD

Banned
Seriously? The game isn't that incredible visually (even compared to the first one), and I run it on PS4 pro. Why would it run at 30 fps?!

Had to be done in order to get the game to look like that, a.k.a. amazing. Probably also has to do with why so much of the environment is destructible. I dunno. People say it runs smoothly, so that's all that matters to me in the end.

I had a similar problem with Infamous Second Son. I traded it in then when the Fetch DLC came out and had a bonus for an SS save - even though I had the save on the console it didn't recognise it, so it seems like you need the game "bubble" on there as well. :(

I see :(

UNG, this game! I just
unlocked the Lunar style, and it is amazing. I'm rocket jumping all over the place. And I'm doing it all in my new Jazz Singer outfit, which as far as I'm concerned is my new canon look for Kat. Everything's better in a slinky red dress.

LotusHD

Banned
UNG, this game! I just unlocked the Lunar style, and it is amazing. I'm rocket jumping all over the place. And I'm doing it all in my new Jazz Singer outfit, which as far as I'm concerned is my new canon look for Kat. Everything's better in a slinky red dress.[/spoiler]

Tank top, Kali Angel, and Red Dress are my top 3 I'll alternate between lol

Ferr986

That Nevi got me way more times than it had any right to :D Throwing seems a bit too powerful honestly, I used it nearly exclusively for both said Nevi and the first challenge.

Yep, that dude killed me when I tried to beat him GR1 style using gravity kicks...
...Till I noticed that throwing him cactus actually did way more damage to him more than my kicks lol

Significantly, but it's not a revolution. And the first one ran on PSP.

Vita. And it's not 60 because of graphics but physics. Pro has the same CPU after all.

Ferr986

Yeah vita, my mistake. Well if you guys really find it normal that it runs at 30 fps, fine...

I mean, even Digital Foundry found normal that it runs at 30 fps considering the physics involved and the shit CPU upgrade the Pro got (mind you, I have a Pro).

Tank top, Kali Angel, and Red Dress are my top 3 I'll alternate between lol

I'm almost 100% normal/white outfit. Love the superhero look and it looks weird flying around with a red dress IMO lol.

Maybe the casual outfit sometimes cause it's cool.

I'd like to know where you can find the tank top. Currently at Episode 11 and there's a gap between Kat 2.0 and the Jazz Singer outfits.

Also, how do you unlock the PSO2 outfit?

I can't emphasise enough how much of a gamechanger Lunar style is. I mean, it has quite literally changed the way I play the game :p

I'm still getting used to it, but it feels incredible so far. The rocket jump is done by returning your analogue stick to neutral and then pushing it forward and pressing X at the same time, which is a nifty little button input that lets you change direction really rapidly if you want to. You can be moving in one direction and then rocket jump straight back the way you came if you want to; Kat turns on a dime in Lunar form. It's also dependent on wherever your gravity is pointing at the time, so if you're standing on the side of a building you can rocket jump all the way up to the top of it.

The game also has a pretty generous input window for it; if you're chaining multiple rocket jumps across flat ground, it seems like you can input your next rocket jump slightly early and have it activate once you hit the ground. It's bringing back memories of jumping around in Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction for me.

Finally, Lunar style Gravity Sliding is slower but more manoeuvrable than normal style, and you can switch between them on the fly. I've been zooming along in normal mode, then switching to Lunar if I need to make a tight turn, and it works fabulously.

Safe to say this game is blowing all my expectations out of the water so far. Combat is a huge step up from the first game, and now Lunar style has taken the traversal into a whole different league. I honestly would have been happy with a bigger, prettier version of the first game, but this is an incredible sequel.

Ferr986

I'd like to know where you can find the tank top. Currently at Episode 11 and there's a gap between Kat 2.0 and the Jazz Singer outfits.

It's still so weird to me why they did a PSO2 collab. They just don't fit at all.

NZerker12

So did in anyone from UK who ordered from Amazon or somewhere else recieve a code for the white outfit and soundtrack? I preordered from Shopto and didn't get it. I contacted them and they said it should be available tomorrow on PSN. I would just like to know if there is a code or not.

You get the Work Clothes (tank top) from getting Dusty Tokens. Share your pictures, find treasure, send challenges out to random people, and soon enough you will be getting enough Dusty Tokens.

Holy shit @ Chapter
tho. No way this could have been done on a Vita.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Currently on Episode 3, but after playing the game for ~2 hours I started feeling nauseous and had to stop. Never had any problems with GD1 - I'm guessing it's probably because of the big TV.

I really hope this doesn't happen again, because if so, I don't think I can keep playing.

Top Bottom