• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Greg Miller (Kinda Funny) delays this weeks podcast by 4 days due to multiple expected Sony announcements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damigos

Ceo Happening GIF by Kuali

AmuroChan

Not that it will happen but Tencent would have no say in it. Minority shareholders are forced to sell at same price as majority.

They would have a say because shareholders have to vote on it. Kadokawa is publicly traded. Them owning almost 7% of the company definitely has some sway. If let's say the rest of the 93% are split half and half, that means Tencent's vote will actually be the deciding factor to push either side over the 51% threshold. Now, I don't think it will get to that point because if From is available, Tencent will absolutely make an offer themselves. They've already outbidded Sony once when they acquired Leyou.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Naughty Dogs nextgen only title getting revealed.
The upgrades to their engine put every other engine to shame.

PSVR2 full reveal.

jm89

If there ever is a time to announce a bloodborne ps5 version now is it. Can feed off the elden ring hype a bit.

Portugeezer

There have been rumours? All I read was about Spartacus and doesn't seem big enough to delay a podcast.

Dude probably knows more than he's leading on, but they always act like it is "other people's" rumours.

Last edited:

yurinka

Naughty Dogs nextgen only title getting revealed.
The upgrades to their engine put every other engine to shame.

PSVR2 full reveal.
Do you mean The Last of Us Remake or TLOU 2 Factions? I highly doubt ND would announce anything else before them.

Last edited:

Thirty7ven

Banned
They would have a say because shareholders have to vote on it. Kadokawa is publicly traded. Them owning almost 7% of the company definitely has some sway. If let's say the rest of the 93% are split half and half, that means Tencent's vote will actually be the deciding factor to push either side over the 51% threshold. Now, I don't think it will get to that point because if From is available, Tencent will absolutely make an offer themselves. They've already outbidded Sony once when they acquired Leyou.

Yes if you create the perfect scenario then things will work as you say, sure lol

AmuroChan

Yes if you create the perfect scenario then things will work as you say, sure lol

That's very far from the perfect scenario. In fact, if it gets to that point it would be a very messy scenario. You do know that Tencent is the 2nd biggest shareholder of Kadokawa right? The biggest (Kakao) only owns 2% more. Tencent (if they want to), could continue to buy shares and become the largest shareholder relatively easily.

Smoke6

Im done thinking PS is gonna do something good.

Its gonna be PSplus added with PSnow. Nothing extra, no PS1/PS2 games, its gonna be all streaming and no day 1 titles.

And probably a purchase of a silly new studio no1 has heard of. And Jim will come and say thats all for our acquisitions for now

Damn dude where you been and who pissed in your cheerios?

This was rumored as the PS5 rumors were making the rounds that this was what they were gonna do. I wish people get off this whole game pass mentality as these companies know whether or not if it’s suitable for them!

Obviously it’s not for SONY or NINTENDO!

This game pass mess was a last ditch effort from MS and it got y’all spoiled as hell and yet y’all still don’t by nearly as many games as the other consoles out there! Just look at the quality of games y’all been getting since gamepass? Hell y’all not even buying third party games in hopes it comes to game pass just like guardians of the galaxy just did!

Lognor

Banned
Well there’s bloombergs Spartacus rumor. I wouldn’t be so sure that nothing will happen next week. Other than that I don’t think we will get anything else.
Well I don't doubt Spartacus news, but that's really a nothing burger. Not sure why this guy would hold off on doing his podcast due to that. Not a very interesting thing to talk about

Well I don't doubt Spartacus news, but that's really a nothing burger. Not sure why this guy would hold off on doing his podcast due to that. Not a very interesting thing to talk about

Probably because he believes there’s something more than Spartacus. If anything PSVR2 needs to be fully revealed and a State of Play could do that for Sony. And they could drop Spartacus during that as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom