• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GSL - Global Starcraft II League May 2011 Thread

Aaron

From what I hear, Huk plays like a beast on the ladder, but not as well in tournaments. Maybe it's just more experience in the tournament setting.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Aaron said:
He probably would have beaten MarineKing too. I thought he was a goner
Probably in game 2, yes. But MKP would've had game 1, for sure.

Zzoram

For the 4gate haters, patch tomorrow makes it take 20s longer to research so the rush should be a big easier to hold off.

Zzoram said:
He wouldn't have in game 1. MKP's control is better than MMAs, and Huk just barely held that off.
He had about 25 more probes he could have pulled and lost all probes at his nat and still come out ahead, It wasn't as close as it looked imo.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
HuK end.
http://imgur.com/a/CkslW

0rcr2.jpg

Zzoram

StopMakingSense said:
In a way, I kinda think person who only plays one game in up and down matches has an advantage on whoever loses the first set.

It depends entirely on the race breakdown.

If the guy who plays once is X, and the others are Y, then yes X has an advantage in only having to practice one match up while the other guys have to practice two. However, if the guy who plays once is X, and the others are X and Y, Y has the advantage and both X players are disadvantaged.

Aaron

Yoshichan said:
Probably in game 2, yes. But MKP would've had game 1, for sure.
MKP would have played the first game differently so its impossible to tell, but I think he would have fallen for Huk's dupe in the second game.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Is Violet good?

Yoshichan

Zzoram said:
patch 1.3.3 is up on NA
Yes, for quite some time now :p Tell me when it shows up in EU.

Deadly

Aaron said:
From what I hear, Huk plays like a beast on the ladder, but not as well in tournaments. Maybe it's just more experience in the tournament setting.
Yeah MC has said that Huk is pretty good but his nerves is what's stopping him.

Yoshichan

Yeah... ZvZ :/

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Aaron said:
He had like 2 accounts in top ~20 on korean ladder at one time :p

But he has done well in tournys before, just not in korea. Won a MLG and mothership rushed another into 3rd place.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Corran Horn said:
He had like 2 accounts in top 5 on korean ladder at one time :p

But he has done well in tournys before, just not in korea. Won a MLG and mothership rushed another into 3rd place.

Fixed!

Boken

Banned
TheWind showing Kyrix who's boss. Kyrix is probably so upset right now. I have a feeling he just really hates ZvZ...

calder

Yuck, terrible cheese attempt by TheWind. Did he really get all the way to Kyrix's base before realizing he didn't have enough for a spine lol?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Slavik81 said:
What was that? Drone rush, then turns around and goes home? The amount of economy he lost for nothing there...
Better to try and win via a lucky bane later on or something imo
calder said:
Yuck, terrible cheese attempt by TheWind. Did he really get all the way to Kyrix's base before realizing he didn't have enough for a spine lol?
The problem was the ling count + queen, not the money for a spine.

twofold

calder said:

What?

The other guy had the same amount of Zerglings out, Drones, AND a Queen.

It doesn't matter if you have enough for a Spine Crawler or not - you're not going to get the chance to plant it.

calder

twofold said:
What?

The other guy had the same amount of Zerglings out, Drones, AND a Queen.

It doesn't matter if you have enough for a Spine Crawler or not - you're not going to get the chance to plant it.
Ahh, that makes a lot more sense.

Slavik81

Hazaro said:
Better to try and win via a lucky bane later on or something imo
The problem was the ling count + queen, not the money for a spine.
Maybe. Though, it really didn't matter. By the time he reached Krix's base, he'd already lost. At that point it was 100-1 against him and he was just deciding how he wanted to die.

Top Bottom