• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GSL - Global Starcraft II League May 2011 Thread

Koojay

Corran Horn said:
You know whats going to suck? I bet Doa/Moletrap(or whoever B Team is) will be casting the Super Tournament as well. :(

With Day9 heading to Korea very soon and something "unannounced that Artosis couldn't announce on SotG" I believe we will see Tastosis + Day9 casting the super tournament.

jersoc

Koojay said:
With Day9 heading to Korea very soon and something "unannounced that Artosis couldn't announce on SotG" I believe we will see Tastosis + Day9 casting the super tournament.

oh god, that would be awesome. they were so good at blizzcon.

are tastosis doing the up and down in an hour?
boo, doesn't seem like it. ugh :|

Cipherr

Moletrap is terrible, The other guy is fine. Need Day9 and DoA and like Tastosis as the other crew. Now that would make both watchable. I hate that Moletrap guy, he tries way to hard to oversell the 'awesome moments of the game' and he never seems to shut up. I liked the girl I couldnt understand better.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Moletrap has his moments.

But I agree, it does seem like he tries really hard to be funny.

Mairu

Trickster said:
Did HuK get Bodied? I heard from many people that he's bad afterall.
no

I don't feel the same about the moletrap hate- I think he's fine and he & doa have a bit of chemistry together. I'm pretty sure doa will be gone before moletrap though

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Pankaks said:
Moletrap has his moments.

But I agree, it does seem like he tries really hard to be funny.

He also seems to have a problem where Doa will make a joke, and he.. doesn't get it.. and says the same joke but in a less intelligent way..

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Kpop is a go.

It feels like Moletrap and Doa are the "same person" when it comes to casting. They both want to 'take charge' during certain moments in the game / intro / outro(TWEET US X ON BREAK) / etc. They really need to get that analytical person like Artosis is to help out, Kelly was smart about the game but sadly her accent was just so bad and made it hard to understand what she was saying lol.

It also comes down to the fact that a large reason why I watch the GSL is due to tastosis, them not being there makes me lose interest very quickly.

Mairu

Corran Horn said:
Kpop is a go.

It feels like Moletrap and Doa are the "same person" when it comes to casting. They both want to 'take charge' during certain moments in the game / intro / outro(TWEET US X ON BREAK) / etc. They really need to get that analytical person like Artosis is to help out, Kelly was smart about the game but sadly her accent was just so bad and made it hard to understand what she was saying lol.

It also comes down to the fact that a large reason why I watch the GSL is due to tastosis, them not being there makes me lose interest very quickly.
The best analytical commentators are going to be players or ex-players and there just aren't enough of those commentating let alone willing to go to Korea purely for commentary

jersoc

Yeah, they really do need some with the great knowledge that artosis has and to a lesser extent, tasteless.

That's one thing that is missing in the NASL too. Hopefully with Idra casting some games this week will bring that in. I don't play SC2 much and i suck, so it's great to hear why a player is doing what he is.

Corran Horn

Mairu said:
The best analytical commentators are going to be players or ex-players and there just aren't enough of those commentating let alone willing to go to Korea purely for commentary
If the price is right there will be. Just stop focusing on youtube shoutcasters! :p

Aaron

Mairu said:
Yeah, one of the problems is Moletrap and Doa are both color commentators. Neither play the game at a level where they can comment like Artosis or Day9 do.

Mairu

jersoc said:
Yeah, they really do need some with the great knowledge that artosis has and to a lesser extent, tasteless.

That's one thing that is missing in the NASL too. Hopefully with Idra casting some games this week will bring that in. I don't play SC2 much and i suck, so it's great to hear why a player is doing what he is.
I think Incontrol would be a fine analytical commentator if he could gain a grasp on the English language so he wasn't correcting himself or walking all over what he's saying half the time.

jersoc

Mairu said:
I think Incontrol would be a fine analytical commentator if he could gain a grasp on the English language so he wasn't correcting himself or walking all over what he's saying half the time.

That's probably true. He's gotten much better. Just get rid of gretorp ffs already. He's incredibly boring, ugh.

jersoc

haha, I forgot about that. I usually tune him out, but sunday stands out as being so, so bad. I think incontrol called him out a few times too.

Almost go time! MVP woo

twofold

Mairu said:

I hate his constant use of the word 'altercation'. I have no idea why it annoys me, but it does. As soon as he uses that word, I end up muting the stream.

Weird, I know.

Aaron

twofold said:
I hate his constant use of the word 'altercation'. I have no idea why it annoys me, but it does. As soon as he uses that word, I end up muting the stream.

Weird, I know.
Because the way he emphasizes the word to make you know he's using it, rather than being a normal part of speaking. It's definitely annoying, but compared to gretorp he's jesus frickin christ.

HolyCheck

Aaron said:
Because the way he emphasizes the word to make you know he's using it, rather than being a normal part of speaking. It's definitely annoying, but compared to gretorp he's jesus frickin christ.

He's like a smart arse kid who has learnt some big words and wants to make sure you know he knows them.

Rather than some one who is actually smart and just uses them without thinking.

HolyCheck

Aaron said:
Why don't terran leapfrog their tanks anymore? They take damage they wouldn't if they frogged it.

See so many terrans lose because they dont' do it too. get caught unseiged in a scan and BAMMO

Striek

Watched vods, whooo Huk! Baller celebration. Held that first game very well and the second game MMAs build was ridiculously unsafe but well executed 4gate nonetheless.

The ZvZs were funny...

jersoc

Striek said:
Watched vods, whooo Huk! Baller celebration. Held that first game very well and the second game MMAs build was ridiculously unsafe but well executed 4gate nonetheless.

The ZvZs were funny...

haha yeah that zvz, I thought I wasn't going to have enough time to watch before the GSL started again. Plenty of spare time :p

Corran Horn

Aaron said:
Did they need to rush through this all terran group? I thought the patch mainly impacted protoss.
Thor changes, but its best to get everyone on a level field I guess...besides finals :p

calder

Boken said:
Moletrap talks too much sometimes, totally cutting off DoA... That just looks bad.
That is exactly my problem too, they have little chemistry together in terms of casting flow and their senses of humour don't really mesh. But they both are solid commentators so it could be a lot worse.

Top Bottom