• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GT4 Screens (new)

Dekajelly

pcgames0625gt12.jpg

pcgames0625gt11.jpg

pcgames0625gt04.jpg

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=44882

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
If Sega's Model 1 board was a PlayStation 2, this is what the games would look like.

Sai

6.8 said:
"Heeeeyy..."

Name's Lisa Rodríguez. She was in Next Friday, made a guest apperance in some TV show, and that was a wrap. :(

lisa.JPG

... I was... Lookin' for an opportunity. :(

Nerevar

they call me "Man Gravy".
I can't believe that PS2 can push those visuals. Those look better than 99% of the stuff on xbox, on a console that's a year older. Polyphony definitely know what to do with the hardware.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Nerevar said:
I can't believe that PS2 can push those visuals. Those look better than 99% of the stuff on xbox, on a console that's a year older. Polyphony definitely know what to do with the hardware.

The thing that is impressive is that most of the best XBOX racers are TECHNICALLY superior to GT4...

However, Polyphony clearly realizes that technology is only part of the equation. Pushing 8 times the polygons with far more texture detail means nothing if the game doesn't look good in motion. GT4's physics, camera motion, and effects are truly top notch and the result is one of the best looking racers ever made.

Arcticfox

KingGondo said:
How cool, I didn't realize they would use real streets as a template for tracks!

Most of the street courses in the GT series have been based on real roads. The Special Stage races are fantasy based, and I am not sure about the Rome circuits, but I know Seattle, Tokyo, Cote d'Azur and the new Hong Kong and New York tracks are all modeled after real streets.

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
Nerevar said:

frame buffer image through camera mode. the finished game will look nowhere near as good as that completely anti-aliased image. great PR move though.

Game does look awesome.

I wish I could buy a wheel that would work for both my Xbox and PS2. I'm not buying one for each. I'd prefer the wheel that is being launched with GT4 by Logitech. Is there any way to get this wheel to work with the Xbox?

Gek54

CrimsonSkies said:
Game does look awesome.

I wish I could buy a wheel that would work for both my Xbox and PS2. I'm not buying one for each. I'd prefer the wheel that is being launched with GT4 by Logitech. Is there any way to get this wheel to work with the Xbox?

I wouldnt recomend wasting money on an Xbox wheel. Get the Driving Force Pro and you wont be looking back.

Then again, I am still curious about Enthusia and its wheel and other wheel compatibility. I need more Enthusia media!

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Society said:
Thanks Alpha.

??? I'm not Alpha. He posts here under a completely different name. Second (or third) time someone thinks I'm him. ;(

BeOnEdge

Banned
RedMaiden said:
Uhhh...is that a joke?

Rear wheels don't turn...

ofcourse they do. what do you think 4 wheel drive(all the wheels act independently and turn in different directions)and rear wheel drive(rear wheels act just like the front ones) are for? i guess we all know YOU wont be a race car driver anytime soon. :) thats why the steering wheel is on the RIGHT too.

Culex

Banned
BeOnEdge said:
ofcourse they do. what do you think 4 wheel drive(all the wheels act independently and turn in different directions)and rear wheel drive(rear wheels act just like the front ones) are for? i guess we all know YOU wont be a race car driver anytime soon. :) thats why the steering wheel is on the RIGHT too.

LOL. In case you're being serious:

4 wheel drive means power goes to each wheel independantly, not each wheel turns independantly. Rear wheel drive means the power is to the rear wheels, as apposed to the front wheels in front wheel drive. The steering wheel is on the right because that's the way it was designed, since it's driven on the left lane.

BeOnEdge

Banned
skip barber says otherwise. hmmm....i wonder who i'll believe. how do you think they drove sideways in minority report? all wheel drive. duh.

Culex

Banned
BeOnEdge said:
skip barber says otherwise. hmmm....i wonder who i'll believe. how do you think they drove sideways in minority report? all wheel drive. duh.

So i guess my AWD subaru has the ability to change wheel direction on the fly?

BeOnEdge

Banned
Culex said:
So i guess my AWD subaru has the ability to change wheel direction on the fly?

is your steering wheel on the left? i'm pretty sure it is. that means its the consumer version. it only works on the ones with the steering wheel on the RIGHT like i said in my first post. you should take urs back. you got ripped off. :(

ok fine i'm joking. i didnt think i could take it that far though. :) :) :)

Gattsu25

Banned
BeOnEdge said:
pcgames0625gt11.jpg

WTF? how do the rear wheels turn?

BeOnEdge said:

BeOnEdge said:

http://www.4x4abc.com/4WD101/difference_4WD_awd.html

Gattsu25 said:
[in regards to BoE] seriously...joke [posts] by a joke account :b

Top Bottom