• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA 6 Has Been In The Works Since 2014 And Will Feature a Large Map At Launch; Leaker Revealed

Well this keeps getting better and better, more news have been kicking off about the RockStar Games next GTA installment, looks like there’s more to the story that we didn’t know or imagined….

Well, according to a new report that has surfaced online recently, claimed the game has been at work for over 5 years and will feature a large Map.

Skyr

..will feature a large map

..a large map

L A R G E M A P

41AUw0wNduL._AC_SX425_.jpg

Last edited:

rob305

Is this a counter to the “leak” last week that it would be smaller in scale but receive regular updates?
Everyone keeps saying that Schreier implies a smaller map, he never did. He implied it will be a smaller "release" at launch. This could simply mean that more story missions for the same map will be added to the game regularly post game, kind of like with GTA4. Doesnt mean they couldnt also expand the map, its just that Schreier never mentioned the map specifically.

Also, the french leaker has been taken out of context. He never said the map will be huge. People asked him about the smaller map (misinterpreted from Schreier) and he said he doesnt think it will have a small map. Does that mean it will have a large map? Thats up to your imagination

Last edited:

Gamernyc78

Banned
Insider info

There will be an online portion and you can customize your character. Also I was told you can rob bodegas and do missions for cash🤦‍♂️

mortal

"Big AAA game has been in development for over 5 years" ( which is more or less a standard for the industry)

"GTA game will have large map" Oh shit , thanks leaker dude. I wasn't so sure about that one.

How is this a fucking leak? That's about as good as reading the weather forecast for the week and "leaking" it to outlets.

Dacon

Banned
Smaller city, more minigames/side activities, more meaningful side stories, more story missions is what I'd like.

I would be all for a smaller city if it has worthwhile content to flesh it out.

I don't need an entire state to have fun.

BluRayHiDef

Banned
of course it has been in development since last one launched. They don't go on 5 years vacation or move everyone to silly rdr2 :p
I'll be honest. I thought that all branches of Rockstar had spent pretty much all of the time since the release of GTA V developing mainly DLC for GTA V and developing RDR2. I didn't think that they had additional manpower dedicated to the next GTA game. Furthermore, news releases last week indicated that GTA VI is only in the very early stages of development. So, today's news is surprising.

Blond

Banned
By large map you better be including the square footage of the inside of EVERY FUCKING BUILDING

With machine learning it could do the work for them. But this also isn't a Yakuza style game where a small environment lends itself to this.

Single player I see no purpose but I definitely do if GTA online is going to continue to be a juggernaut.

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
It is an open secret that the game will feature three US states and focus on flying as a main means of transportation.

PocoJoe

Banned
I hope next gen allows them to use fully destructable environment, or it is just as boring as GTA V environments

Just imagine flying with an attack helicopter and then shooting the fuck out of skyscraper and watch it fall down, that would be epic

Last edited:

Hinedorf

Banned
I would rather them use GTA 5 and just continue to create new content out of it's world separate of any Online capacity.

I would rather them use the RDR2 and just continue to create new content out of it's world separate of any Online capacity.

Rockstar does not make online games, they make an online system that is heavy on micro transactions and limited on content and somehow people continue to pour money into this horrible system.

Last edited:

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
Since still is in early development, it's going to be PS5/Series X from the get go. Nice

GymWolf

Gold Member
i'm the only one unhappy with this news?

if they started working on this game in 2014 most probably the game is not build around ultra-fast ssd at his core like i was expecting.

i mean, right now you can't even buy a ps5 ssd, imagine 6 years ago...

i was okay with having the game at the end of the gen using 110% of console hardware like rdr2 or gta5 already did.

do you think they are gonna announce the game as crossgen maybe in 2021?

Last edited:
Like saying I have two balls since I was born, but, aside from jokes, most interesting thing could be is in the works since 5 years ago

Doesn't this contradicts schreier words? Not that I (wanted to 😢) believed it, but he's usually really trustworth, isn't it?

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
When they say large map does that mean the road map of Microtransactions, or how to dip in your pockets easier on a bigger scale?

Because i'm guessing it will be larger than anything we've seen before.

Top Bottom