• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA 6 just got leaked (Up: confirmed real)

Blue Apple

The leaked videos had map coordinates on them, so this is pretty accurate -

x0iqqaJ.png

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Its not cross gen people
It looks like gtav the ps3 version. I don’t even see ps4 quality visuals here.

The game will be ambitious but don’t expect miracles. They started dev in 2013. It will be rooted in the ps4 gen. The ambition and scale will come from the money and people rockstar can throw at the game.

Last edited:

The game will be ambitious but don’t expect miracles. They started dev in 2013. It will be rooted in the ps4 gen. The ambition and scale will come from the money and people rockstar can throw at the game.
It seems like that's how it's been since GTA 4. I always remember feeling underwhelmed at how those games looked upon release. Gta 5 only looked better bc it was released over THREE generations..

Granted RDR2 looked amazing and was dense with content. So maybe I'll be surprised.

Looks fake, why would they be using a gtx 1080, unless it's like 7 years old.
Where are you seeing this all the videos are gone now. They would test on a 1080 it was high end and still runs most games now. This game has to run on current hardware. My 3060ti is a bit better than a ps5, and a 1080gtx isn't far off minus rtx...

Don't know what you all expect a console game to use but that's it. A 3060ti at 1080p and 1080gtx at 720p is ps5/xbx Gen..... Not ps4. Remember ps4 came out way before the 10 series back in 2013....

Kupfer

You forgot the PS4. The game is in It's core a PS4 game If you consider the time they started to develop the game.
Like GTA IV is in its core a PS2 game? Bullshit.
You don't have to be a fan of Rockstar, but on a technical level they have delivered with every first game on a new console generation.
GTA3 on PS2
GTA4 on PS3
RDR II on PS4
All real eye-catchers at their time.

Last edited:

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
You forgot the PS4. The game is in It's core a PS4 game If you consider the time they started to develop the game.
I would have a problem if they use the PS4 as a boundary thing. I mean, GTA V engine can go big... RDR2 runs fine on PS4 and there's still room for improvement. If is launched as PS5 and Series as base, it's going to achieve greatness

SSfox

I'm not a Rockstar fanboy but bro believe me it will fucking blow all our minds when it will be reveal.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Yeah Im not sure how people are judging the visuals from that clearly early build leak.

Series S is the platform we have to worry about holding back this game, I hope they develop the game like it doesn't exist. I hope its an afterthought, I don't care how poorly it runs on Series S. Ignore it and treat it as an afterthought. Don't build the game around the lowest common denominator.

Last edited:

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
It was from last year's leak. Nothing new.

Link from this thread still works

Good lord, is THIS the video people are losing their minds over. Folks, some of those NPS don't even have any character modeling beyond basic stuff done. Like come on.

. . .definitely interested to seeing what they do with this game; RDR2 is good. . .just not chaotic enough. Not a fan though of multiple protags - again - and hope we can choose who to play the game through as. I don't think they really nailed the multiple protag approach of GTAV.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I'm just going to say it. Looks like shit and I hope a lot of rendering passes have come to play since this build.
That will only make the visuals look better. The core gameplay functionality of this game looks dated and thats my real problem with it.

Some of the leaked footage was running on PS4 devkits as late as 2019. WTF are you doing developing a next gen game on a shitty Jaguar GPU when you know next gen consoles are going to have these fancy GPUs with 2x more threads running at 2x higher clocks that are almost 8x more powerful than the trash that went into the PS4.

What about the ssd?

if the leaked footage was from PC builds and they were doing some fancy CPU simulations then great. All i see here is the same scripted nonsense that made RDR2 a fucking $350 million game that took 3000 devs across 7 different rockstar studios 5 years to put out. Those random encounters in the wild did nothing for me in RDR2 because i knew it was designed and scripted. The open world loses its charm when you cant manipulate it. Might as well make a linear game at that point.

Last edited:
Like GTA IV is in its core a PS2 game? Bullshit.
You don't have to be a fan of Rockstar, but on a technical level they have delivered with every first game on a new console generation.
GTA3 on PS2
GTA4 on PS3
RDR II on PS4
All real eye-catchers at their time.

The bullshit is on your side buddy. How the fuck is GTA IV considered a PS2 game???🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

GTA4 on PS3 ran like shit and couldn't even hold a steady 30 fps and was running below 720p.

GTA IV also had a shitty performance.
The leaked GTAVI build was running on a 1080Ti or something.

Last edited:

Kupfer

The bullshit is on your side buddy. How the fuck is GTA IV considered a PS2 game???🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

GTA4 on PS3 ran like shit and couldn't even hold a steady 30 fps and was running below 720p.

GTA IV also had a shitty performance.
The leaked GTAVI build was running on a 1080Ti or something.
I was just taking your logic further.
If GTA6 is a PS4 game at its core because development started before the PS5 was out and the PS4 was Sony's current console (that's what you told us), then GTA4 is a PS2 game at its core because its development started, before the PS3 was out and the PS2 was Sony's current console.
You realize for yourself that this argument is invalid.
Also, even if the performance wasn't top-notch in GTA4, the implementation of physics, ragdolls and the damage model is still unparalleled in todays most titles.
I would argue that every Rockstars first game that debuts on the current generation (no remakes like GTA5 on PS4/5) ) of consoles is a technical showcase. I don't see why GTA6 should be any different.

Last edited:

nani17

are in a big trouble
I just hope it launches on pc at the same time as the console versions, but I don't think it will. They know people will double dip once the pc version comes out.

Last edited:

Raven77

You clearly do not know how game development works.

I'm not an expert, but I can tell you with certainty if the game is coming out next year as people expect, they are not developing it right now using GTA V assets...

Good day,

Last edited:
Yeah Im not sure how people are judging the visuals from that clearly early build leak.

Series S is the platform we have to worry about holding back this game, I hope they develop the game like it doesn't exist. I hope its an afterthought, I don't care how poorly it runs on Series S. Ignore it and treat it as an afterthought. Don't build the game around the lowest common denominator.
Steam handheld is more likely to hold this game back, as is the myriad of less powerful PC rigs.

Last edited:
Top Bottom