• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA PSP in the new OPS2-UK

From Adriaan on GTA-PSP.net

"If you happen to live in the UK and haven't picked up your copy of the Official Playstation 2 Magazine, well go and get one! Today we bring you a bit of new info and features that Liberty City Stories will offer.

• According to OPS2, the combat system is even better than that of GTA San Andreas.
• The game will have its own unique radio stations and a set of new licensed songs, but not as much as in San Andreas.
• Liberty City Stories can be fit on the UMD cause R* and Sony got better with the technical stuff.
• Cut scenes and missions will be a little shorter in time. (Where a mission in previous GTA's of 5 mins are now reduced to 2 mins.
• This time they will be delaying the game to get it 100% done and not like GTA SA where they had to remove alot of features due to the lack of time.
• R* thought of every playing habits that PSP users have. (playing on the bus, home, at the train station etc.)

So there you have it, expect more this weekend. Oh and one last thing.. when OPS2 UK asked about the release date, this is what they had to say : "Sometime at the end of the year...October, November, Septe"mber if we work really hard."

"• This time they will be delaying the game to get it 100% done and not like GTA SA where they had to remove alot of features due to the lack of time."

WTF? San Andreas was to be even bigger than what we got? Yikes

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
R* thought of every playing habits that PSP users have. (playing on the bus, home, at the train station etc.)

I don't get it. What kind of habits are they talking about, and how are they affecting the development of this title?

newsguy

Kiriku said:
I don't get it. What kind of habits are they talking about, and how are they affecting the development of this title?

If you're playing on a bus, the game pauses and asks you to punch the old lady sitting next to you. After you've completed your mission, you're off to the post office to pistol whip an innocent bystander. The game will know if you're successful through the additional eye toy peripheral.

Kiriku said:

Easy to play ‘on the go’ title, less traveling between missions, shorter missions, easy to save etc.

Link said:
Wasn't there talk of it being online at one point?

The Housers have said since Vice City that GTA4 would be the online GTA. There being online in San Andreas seemed more like wishful thinking on some fanboys part.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Well, at this point, I doubt there will ever be a "GTA4." I think it's a safe bet Rockstar has abandoned the numbers and will stick with the city names for future releases.

Top Bottom