• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA: The Trilogy - Definitive Edition |OT| Ah shit, here we go again

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Well with the fact that this collection is probably going to sell in the millions over its lifetime, i'd like to think Rockstar would think its woth renewing the music licenses.
Just like gta 4… oh wait that ruined that game and removed iconic tracks that play in story moments

AGRacing

It seems certain people are actually hoping for the game to be bad. If you reach a point as a gamer where being able to whine about a game is more important than having fun playing it, perhaps it's time to find a new hobby.

Complaining about censorship should never be called whining... even if the person doing it is kinda whining.

Censorship should be called out and shat on whenever and wherever it happens. If it's a "naughty" confederate flag in America or a interracial or gay kiss in China.... it's all bullshit.

bender

What time is it?
It seems certain people are actually hoping for the game to be bad. If you reach a point as a gamer where being able to whine about a game is more important than having fun playing it, perhaps it's time to find a new hobby.

Best to ignore the fringes but there is definitely room for some concern about this release. The new character models are pretty bad and we still don't know much about track list cuts (if any).

Skifi28

Best to ignore the fringes but there is definitely room for some concern about this release. The new character models are pretty bad and we still don't know much about track list cuts (if any).
I can understand all the concern as I myself haven't decided if I'm getting it or not, it'll depend. It's just baffling to see so many posts where people have already decided the game failed in things that haven't been confirmed yet and they are dancing on its grave.

bender

What time is it?
I can understand all the concern as I myself haven't decided if I'm getting it or not, it'll depend. It's just baffling to see so many posts where people have already decided the game failed in things that haven't been confirmed yet and they are dancing on its grave.

It certainly didn't put its' best foot forward which makes it seem as if the trilogy isn't getting the love it deserves. I'm sure had Rockstar relicensed all of the original music, it would be a bullet point in their marketing. Add in the delisting of the old versions and the hefty price point, it's easy to be skeptical.

I'm excited about the rereleases just to see what the new controls are all about. I'd buy it day one with full soundtracks. For now, I'm happy to get to try out San Andreas on Game Pass. I'm really more interested in playing III and Vice City as I haven't really played those since the original PS2 releases.

hybrid_birth

Gold Member
Did they strip out the hot coffee code?
Too much at steak.

nrQTDfG.jpg

Seriously though. It wouldn't be able to make M rating if the full nude sex scenes were still in. It would be AO rated. Sony & Microsoft don't allow Adults Only rating games on their game consoles.

Last edited:

SafeOrAlone

Banned
I’m excited just to see how I feel about these now. Last time I checked these were revolutionary games, then I blinked my eyes and they’re “retro” and I haven’t played them in well over a decade.

I think I’ll try out San Andreas and if it ages well, I’ll go back to Vice City and maybe 3, if the gap isn’t too big between those and SA.

JayK47

Well I am looking forward to this and seeing some impressions soon. Allowing you to retry a mission if you fail it is good to hear. If anything, I hope it is mod friendly. Previous PC titles allowed you to toss MP3s into a folder, which allowed you to switch to that station in vehicles.

Less than 2 days left and no one has a physical copy ? No gameplay leak absolutely nothing ? I have a feeling it will be total garbage

DavidGzz

Was gonna preorder but I can just play San Andreas first on Game Pass and then decide if they are worth it. We haven't seen gun play for any of these and it releases this week. Wtf

Portable (best) GTA games. childhood dreams come true. I really hope the switch version does not look like complete ass. If it does I might actually double dip and get the switch version for portability and PS4 for gfx.

Part of me is glad the visuals are still faithful to the originals but I was also blown away by the Mafia remaster and was hoping for that type of upgrade.

Fully expect the radio stations to be gutted, removing like 80% of the reason to replay these games in the first place.
Yeah, I was going to preorder on PS5, but I'm going to wait until after the weekend before making a decision, just to get an idea from everyone on what's been changed or removed. I'll likely still get it if it's been heavily doctored, but not until it's at a price I'm happy to pay.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
I don't expect the gameplay to be much different because they haven't showed it.

They'll have GTA V style aiming and weapon wheels, we know what that looks like and that's pretty much all they needed. Switch gets gyro aiming if that's your thing.

That being said the games are not designed/balanced around those changes and they'll be much easier than original console versions where aiming was a nightmare and it finding the weapon you wanted was a pain. When the games got ported to PC they were hilariously easy because they weren't designed around the player being able to aim so easily.

I'll wait for a deep cut. I wouldn't mind revisiting these, especially Vice City and San Andreas, but I doubt if I will sink serious time or even beat them.
I just want the trip down memory lane, nostalgia really is a helluva drug.

Metnut

Don’t mind paying full price for this but have to wait to see how the reviews and impressions here are first.

Won’t really bother me if some of the radio stations lost some songs (so long as they made efforts to replace them with other good stuff) but will be annoyed if they censored the wacky talk radio too much.

Top Bottom