• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA: The Trilogy - Definitive Edition |OT| Ah shit, here we go again

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Superwave

Banned
Rockstar is probably holding it all back so it'll be one giant hydrogen bomb's worth of adult petulance and whining. Only a few days left!
When you label your game the "definitive edition" it probably ought not to be palpably inferior to the games from 20 years ago. Otherwise you open yourself up to criticism, no?

They even removed the originals from the digital stores in favour of this.

amigastar

From what i've seen, no reviewers have codes, hmm thats suspicious.
I hope thats not a bad sign.

Last edited:

Mr Branding

Not saying ppl should preorder as I never do that with games but the amount of fear mongering and worried/concerned ppl here and on reddit makes me think this is your first R* song and dance.
Just wait and see the gameplay after it releases then make up your mind. It’s not like digital copies run out or smth

I didn't preorder this, so I'll take a "wait and see" approach. Yeah.
I've pre-ordered but I'm not very smart. I fully expect there will be some flaws or imperfections as no remaster is ever perfect.

I'm willing to overlook them for nostalgic reasons, and I fully expect to get my money's worth out of these games. As long as there is isn't any game breaking bugs or crashing, I'm good.

The only real gripe I've had with what they've shown so far has been the character models. The rest looks pretty solid to me. Especially the changes to the environments.

Last edited:

MistBreeze

The most outdated aspects of the games are gunplay and movement controls

if they improved on them somehow to be fun and restored all songs and radio stations it will be golden

it will deserve full price realy

Paasei

The most outdated aspects of the games are gunplay and movement controls

if they improved on them somehow to be fun and restored all songs and radio stations it will be golden

it will deserve full price realy

Those outdated aspects are still in their games today. Why would they change all that for a re-release?

• LOL
Reactions: Isa
Excited to see whether the changes to the gunplay are meaningful and improve what came before. Other than that, I'm hopeful that R* retained the music from the originals, otherwise this collection is dead to me.

Superwave

Banned
Looks like Billie Jean is gone, it doesn't play as the first song in your car so I think we can go ahead and assume the soundtracks are butchered. Couldn't even get the first song right.

Bodom78

Will be trying out San Andreas as it's on GamePass and the only game from the three I never played or completed.

Still not liking the look of these remasters but understandable considering their age. The actual prices being charges seems way over the top.

TVexperto

Something about how they render characters, and how smooth and shiny everything looks, makes it feel like those weird fake pre-rendered ads for mobile games. Not saying it looks like a mobile game, just those bizarre ads that don't look anything like the real game.

YCoCg

Going off the leaked footage, the GTA community have found out that these ports are based off the crappy mobile versions as a base and that the games contain all the bugs found in them. Buyer beware, this is not worth the price they're asking.

Top Bottom