• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V leaving GamePass December 31st

Draugoth

Gold Member
xbox-game-pass-could-lose-gta-5-soon.jpg

It looks like Grand Theft Auto 5 could leave Xbox Game Pass soon, according to a notification from Xbox that's been popping up on subscriber's phones. GTA 5 could leave Xbox Game Pass soon

Grand Theft Auto 5's time in Game Pass could be coming to an end as a notification sent to subscribers suggests GTA 5 will leave Xbox Game Pass on December 31. Although it's not currently showing in the 'leaving soon' section of the Game Pass app or on consoles, we, and seemingly several other subscribers, received notifications stating that GTA 5 will leave Xbox Game Pass on December 31 and to "play it before it's gone."

gta-v-leaving-gamepass-december-31st-v0-m2r0pxqb8m7c1.jpeg

How does the removal of an ancient game that 99% of people here already own deserve a thread?
I have no idea how many played it on GP and will play it on PS+, but looking on the sales charts this single title is possibly more important than all titles combined we get in an average Plus or GP month. There are seemingly many people around who either double triple quadruple dip or whatever, but also people who have yet to play it. So, an info for the late comers for a still important title, they somehow ignored so far and waited for the last minute, isn't weirder than telling people how much GWG or Plus Premium sucks each and every month.

It is the lame Xbox One version anyways. If it was the Series S|X enhanced version, then I might be slightly miffed. It was probably just an advertisement for Rockstar's crappy GTA+ service anyways. I sincerely hope that crashes in the most spectacular fashion possible as they have already fucked up older titles with their shitty Rockstar Launcher implementation.

Danknugz

anyone know if there's a separate sku for the series x version and if so can you play that one on the cloud with an xbox one? or can you play the series x version on pc?

Last edited:

Danknugz

It is the lame Xbox One version anyways. If it was the Series S|X enhanced version, then I might be slightly miffed. It was probably just an advertisement for Rockstar's crappy GTA+ service anyways. I sincerely hope that crashes in the most spectacular fashion possible as they have already fucked up older titles with their shitty Rockstar Launcher implementation.
i was wondering about this because somehow i have a physical copy of the xbox one version but not the enhanced one. are you saying the enhanced version is not available on gamepass?

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I wonder how much MS/Sony have to pay to get this game for a few months. Not like Rockstar/T2 need it, the game never stops selling.

violence

I have GTAV on PC but I prefer the PS5 version for several reasons. No stutter, has HDR, takes advantage of haptics on controller.

Dr.D00p

Gold Member
Lol

I've owned GTA V since about 2016 and according to Steam, I've played a grand total of 2hrs 16mins.

...and I swear most of that time was just taking screenshots.

I still find the GTAV games unplayable due to their terrible lag ridden controls

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

It was the Series S|X enhanced version.

What were you smoking, bruv? :p

It's the biggest game released over the past decade leaving a subscription service. It's just as news as the fact that's going to PS Plus again.

No one made a dedicated thread for GTA on PS+ though.

Last edited:

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
It's the biggest game released over the past decade leaving a subscription service. It's just as news as the fact that's going to PS Plus again.

It's like the third time it's been removed, it's not thread worthy. Be a little different if it was a first party game, like sony was doing with spiderman. Everyone knows third party games come and go on gamepass already.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
I have no idea how many played it on GP and will play it on PS+, but looking on the sales charts this single title is possibly more important than all titles combined we get in an average Plus or GP month. There are seemingly many people around who either double triple quadruple dip or whatever, but also people who have yet to play it. So, an info for the late comers for a still important title, they somehow ignored so far and waited for the last minute, isn't weirder than telling people how much GWG or Plus Premium sucks each and every month.

It doesn't have much value even to gamepass subs considering it's regularly on sale for $15.

Last edited:
It was the Series S|X enhanced version.

What were you smoking, bruv? :p
I have a hard time believing it runs at such low fidelity on Series S when generations old APUs can run it better on PC. Also, I am pretty sure the only way to buy exclusively the Series version is the Online and Story mode versions separately.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I have a hard time believing it runs at such low fidelity on Series S when generations old APUs can run it better on PC. Also, I am pretty sure the only way to buy exclusively the Series version is the Online and Story mode versions separately.
I assure you it was the enhanced version, I played the 60 FPS RT mode.

Will take a picture of it with the SX enhanced logo when I get back.

See this please, it is the Series S|X version, there *is* also the XBO version on Game Pass, maybe you downloaded that one accidentally?
It is possible, but I did not see that option when looking through the full library on the Series S. Regardless I share a Steam account with family that has the game and it is likely to be even higher fidelity there.

Last edited:
I played it for a few hours, got bored, and deleted it.

I got about what I expected from it, Rockstar has been making stunningly beautiful, boring-as-fuck videogames since GTA4

DavidGzz

It is possible, but I did not see that option when looking through the full library on the Series S. Regardless I share a Steam account with family that has the game and it is likely to be even higher fidelity there.

I went to check cause my daughter plays it a lot. She's been playing the Xbox One version on her Series S for years. Oof. I just fixed that for her lol

Top Bottom