• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V modding thread

Jelle

Yeah that looks pretty good.

Unfortunately, it's one of those guys that only posts screenshots / footage and don't release the shader settings / ENB preset, claiming it's "WIP" until eternity.

There's some amazing work on GTA V shared on the ENB forums as screenshots, but the guys refuse to release anything.

I hate most graphics modes for GTA V. They just don't work the way they have to. It does not look right at all. The only part where graphics modes can help are hi-res textures

MDSLKTR

Graphics mods are a mistake. One guy playing with color grading sliders to the point the original art is unrecognizable does not make him an artist.
I don't remember any compelling must haves since Fallout 3 and NV (and enb's are trash too).

Coflash

ENBs are mostly trash, but one or two are pretty decent in FO4. The vanilla lighting is shit. Bundle an ENB with this and the entire game world changes for the better. The same for Skyrim. I can't think of many other games that'd require it though. The only time I tend to use it is when I want night to look like night, and for shadows / lighting to look better.

When I see garbage like this I try my hardest to keep the stomach bile where it belongs. The problem with most of these ENBs is how they will look okay at certain angles, but like utter rubbish 99.999999% of the time. It's also hilarious to see what some people consider to be 'photorealistic'!

Myths

Just saw that one, it’s not bad at all. Of course, a bit more on the colorful side and he’s playing well on the GTA6 VC rumors.

Here’s my latest:

I also tested out 8K earlier, runs damn well. Too bad Shadowplay only supports up to 4K capture.

Last edited:

Patrick S.

Banned
Damn, that looks good! But, am I remembering wrong that using mods in GTA V will get you banned? Or is that online when playing online? Is disabling/uninstalling mods for GTA V a lengthy process?

Myths

been a while but yeh i’m not on my main so 1660 it is. excuse the frame rate i switched between different msaa during recordings

Last edited:

Myths

I’m terrible at the controller but this is kind of straight uncut fail gameplay.

i added that mission fail alert at 8:10, fking hilarious

Last edited:

Myths

wats the average fps for u?
actually because i’m kind of whoring the graphics at x4 MSAA with the RTGI mod it sits around 31/32 fps. if i cut back in MSAA below that it’s around 37/38 (x2 MSAA) and even more without MSAA. definitely wouldn’t play online with that fps however i’m only doing it just for the videos.

one thing about GTA is grassy areas USUALLY lag hard af. and the RTGI mod really compounds it even more.

Last edited:

Myths

I’m practically never satisfied with my settings, that I might even have to consider redoing some of the time cycle mods to suit my tastes.

Just realized the cop got his ass lit twice in mid air at 0:20... that’s insane.

Last edited:

Myths

It’s been a while. I’m testing out different settings to improve FPS. This wouldn’t be a problem if I had a 3090. This is an “overexposed” preset I made, focusing on brighter mid tones and highlights, lighter blacks and shadows. Reason being there’s always glare or glow from other light sources (like ambient lighting).

I’m using TWO Global Illumination Raytracing plug-ins in Reshade.

Otherwise, I have to overclock like crazy. This is obviously a “single-player/offline use for eye candy” kind of preset.

EDIT: If it’s looking a bit too bright and washed, next video will correct the coloring.

Last edited:

Myths

Fixed some of the contrast issues. Come back and check this one out when it hits 4K quality. Kind of tempted to switch out a track mid video but uhhh oh well.

Myths

Mission. What sucks is i rather have the extended shadow distance over NVIDIA PCSS. The latter is really good at simulating shadows gradually fading in as you approach but limits the global shadow distance drawn. That explains why the ending of the mission the shadows just popped up unfortunately.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Grand Theft Auto 5 first launched in September 2013 for Xbox 360 and PS3, and although the PC version wouldn't release until April 2015, it's still had over six years of modding support. Projects started out fairly small with cheats, new character models and so on but eventually, mods began to deliver revamped maps, improved visuals and brand new modes.

Some even sought to bring back Vice City and San Andreas in their own ways. Let's take a look at some GTA 5 mods that can effectively remake your experience in numerous different ways.

anyway to get a cracked version of those really cool superman modes that these lames hide behind patreon?

i know theres a free version but that sucks

Myths

Wish i was on my main (not hooked up), can’t stand anything less than 4K.

Lightwork:

Just added a bit more exposure for underwater in a ReShade filter. It’s an everyday change to small values, that and between Premiere Pro ruining the color output.

Edit: Oops IbizaPocholo IbizaPocholo didn't mean to unlike. That’s mobile on a small phone for ya though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom