• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V NG |OT| You forget a thousand things every day, make sure Chicago is one of 'em

Lousy OT, IMO. Dislike the title, dislike ganking images from the GTAV OT, petty argument against Watch_dogs, which is largely forgotten anyway. The Giffy thread from this weekend was better.

But, still, hype train for this game. Can't wait to play it, got it pre-loaded.

Can I jump straight into GTA Online the first time I boot the game up? I can only play for an hour at 1AM, and even then I shouldn't be. My hype is too high though!

I don't think so. I think that you need to play about an hour of GTAV before GTA Online... You need to unlock the full character wheel, if memory serves me. But, when GTAO came out last fall, I was already pretty much through the game.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Disappointed they didn't add a metal station. Every GTA game (except for GTA3) had a metal station. LA has one of the best metal scenes in excistence and nothing....

zman0404

Banned
I decided to wait on playing GTA until the next gen version came out, but really wany in on the exclusive content for upgrading. Will I get the content if my friend logs into gtaV for 360 with my account info?

Someone please take a FPV pic of this location shown in the debut trailer 3 years ago. Want to see how this version compares. Position, view point, time of day etc. as close as possible, kthx.

v-en_us-trailer1-12806cu6i.png

Wheres the location? East LS?

dedhead54

I am going to pick up my pre-order in the morning. Sent my PS4 in for service two weeks ago and it's still not back. Might be Friday at the latest.

I have three new games I bought last week for Xbone and have barely touched yet I still want to dive right in to GTAV, even after having put 100+ hrs in on 360. Come on, Sony!

Lousy OT, IMO. Dislike the title, dislike ganking images from the GTAV OT, petty argument against Watch_dogs, which is largely forgotten anyway. The Giffy thread from this weekend was better.

But, still, hype train for this game. Can't wait to play it, got it pre-loaded.

I don't think so. I think that you need to play about an hour of GTAV before GTA Online... You need to unlock the full character wheel, if memory serves me. But, when GTAO came out last fall, I was already pretty much through the game.

I had like half an hour to do it. No one else had time.

ekim

I've had gta 5 since friday on Xbox one. Single player was fine until the day one patch released last night! Now can't even load the game!!! Crashes to dashboard right after launching. Another broken game. I'm not the only one having these issues!!

Fuck. Seriously? I guess I can't even start the game without installing the patch? I was eagerly awaiting leaving the office to play this. How was the performance before the patch?

Fuck. Seriously? I guess I can't even start the game without installing the patch? I was eagerly awaiting leaving the office to play this. How was the performance before the patch?

The game currently says ready to play at 4% but I am not touching it until done. The game ran pretty good.. honestly had lots of screen tearing though. Seemed to perform better after the patch. Played an hour last night after the patch went to bed. Got off work and now won't load for shit. Lots of tickets being looked into on rock stars twitter page.

Raptomex

This was posted in the review thread as well. Can we really complain about this? Playing the game early before the patch was released then complaining it broke the save file after release?

ekim

This was posted in the review thread as well. Can we really complain about this? Playing the game early before the patch was released then complaining it broke the save file after release?

Imagine Average Joe walking into a game store, getting the game early without knowing it's not the official release date. I think an update shouldn't break save files.

You understand it's happening for kids just getting the game for the first time right? Troll harder.

gossi

If you've started crashing to dashboard on Xbox One after the launch patch, restart you console from Settings -> Power. Not switch off and on.

Raptomex

Imagine Average Joe walking into a game store, getting the game early without knowing it's not the official release date. I think an update shouldn't break save files.

You understand it's happening for kids just getting the game for the first time right? Troll harder.
Yeah, I'm not trolling. I'm simply saying I wouldn't complain about a game I got early then a patch broke the save file. Once again if you were to remove the save file from the console can you relaunch the game without an issue?

When does the game 'activate' ? Or in other words, can I play it tonight?

Does the digital version activate at different times depending on region?

ekim

It should unlock at midnight in your region. afaik you can see the unlock time on X1 by checking the store page of the game and the PS4 gives you a nifty countdown.

Raptomex

I have a PS4 so I can't speak for XBone. But there should be a timer if you go to the store/marketplace. I'm assuming midnight would be midnight wherever you are. Maybe you'll get lucky.

Cc23830

If memory serves me you don't need all characters, it was a mission when Michael is on a psychiatrists couch right? I don't know it's been a fair few months since I've played last gen gta

MegaBusta

I bought GTAV for my brother and myself last gen but never really got around to playing it so this is going to be a fresh experience for me.

Bought on PSN yesterday and Preloaded all 51 gigs.

I'm really pumped.

LtOrange

It was so hard to pass on GTA last year and hold out for this version. The time is almost here and my hype is at insane levels.

Been playing on PS4 for 3 hours now and I'm noticing a lot of slowdown. Which is disappointing.

But fps mode is so much fun. Especially online.

lewisgone

It is such great news that first person mode stays while you're falling down somewhere, or bailing out a car, or getting hit by something. I know some people find it disorientating but I think it's hilarious.

Derpyduck

Banned
Been playing on PS4 for 3 hours now and I'm noticing a lot of slowdown. Which is disappointing.

But fps mode is so much fun. Especially online.
Incredibly disappointing if true.

You did well. Like the title as well. Just add a freaking space before "You", current version kills me.

Also "made" makes no sense. Should be "make". I still don't like OTs that take shots at other games though.

kev25b

Yes, yes, yes, + Oculus Rift, vomit everywhere can't wait

Nah the 'get out but leave car running' thing has been revamped a little, as far as I know you only leave the engine on if you get out when your character is in "on edge" mode, I.E with a wanted level, or just shot a weapon etc.

I think the game tries to notice what situation you're in and adapts how fast you do things based on the danger you might be in, in this case getting out of a car without shutting the door / turning off engine. But, yeah car radios can be heard from empty cars if you manage to do this, just that you can't tap triangle / Y any more to bail quickly.

Meh why did they take that out? it was good addition to IV.

Thanks dude :)

dankir

How many copies did the 360 / ps3 versions sell so far?

Will these sales be included with the 2013 release or be considered a separate game?

What is this? A map for ants?

C5MbqiL.jpg
What! I must have got hotlink cockblocked, I definitely linked to the full res version :p

thanks for having my back, mnang

Meh why did they take that out? it was good addition to IV.

Thanks dude :)
Yeah it was great for role play. There isn't even a straight forward way for you to get out the car and leave the door open in V, you have to have the camera in a certain position for it to work (lol) but oh well.

Wheres the location? East LS?

I believe that this house is in the Mirror Park neighborhood, specifically one of the houses facing east in the pink circle. But, I can't quite remember.

58507EA.png

I remember seeing screenshots comparing the trailer to what shipped on the 360, and the view made me think it was one of those.

Top Bottom