• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V NG |OT| You forget a thousand things every day, make sure Chicago is one of 'em

antitrop

How many copies did the 360 / ps3 versions sell so far?

Will these sales be included with the 2013 release or be considered a separate game?

35 million+

NPD lumped The Last of Us: Remastered in with the PS3 version, so I'm assuming they'll do the same here.

Pretty sure the OT rule will be changed again soon.

What was the positive effect supposed to be?

It was supposed to cut down on circklejerking, cliques, and "overhype", I guess.

Some felt that OTs could be rather hostile if you're not part of the "in group".

WITHE1982

What is this? A map for ants?

C5MbqiL.jpg

Ha

Afro

Two questions:

1) Pretty sure I read something about vehicles from previous GTA games being added into NG GTA V. Can anyone confirm? Anyone seeing cars from GTA IV?

2) I barely played the PS3 version, but remember MP Deathmatch having lock-on aiming enabled. Has this changed? Is it possible to play MP Deathmatch with free aim?

Two questions:

1) Pretty sure I read something about vehicles from previous GTA games being added into the next gen versions. Can anyone confirm? Anyone seeing cars from GTA IV?

2) I barely played the PS3 version, but remember MP Deathmatch having lock-on aiming enabled. Has this changed? Is it possible to play MP Deathmatch with free aim?

There are separate lobbies for free-aim and aim-assist. If you play with free-aim, you'll be put into free-aim lobbies.

Holy shit this game actually shipped from Gamefly.

HYPED

Now this week is going to be REAL hard. I just got TLOU Remastered shipped to me from gamefly, still haven't played that. Bought Dragons Age 3 which unlocks tonight at midnight. And then GTAV will be coming in by Wednesday.

Man. This is going to be a hectic week in the best way possible for my gaming

DukeBobby

Can't wait to pick up my copy tomorrow afternoon.

I said I was going to wait for the PC version, but fuck it. I'm triple dipping this bad boy.

I believe that this house is in the Mirror Park neighborhood, specifically one of the houses facing east in the pink circle. But, I can't quite remember.

I remember seeing screenshots comparing the trailer to what shipped on the 360, and the view made me think it was one of those.
Ah yeah you are right. I just drove there in the gameboy screen version of GTAV and those houses are definitely the same. Couldn't find the exact one, though.

I believe that this house is in the Mirror Park neighborhood, specifically one of the houses facing east in the pink circle. But, I can't quite remember.

58507EA.png

I remember seeing screenshots comparing the trailer to what shipped on the 360, and the view made me think it was one of those.

It sure is. Knew it was somewhere on the East Side. Thanks

I'll do a comparison for -SD- tonight when it unlocks

heres the PS3 version

15626482789_f058850b88_b.jpg

JimPanzer

not sure what I was expecting but graphically this game isn't too impressive (for me at least), alot of jaggies and pop-ins. nighttime looks much better than day.
game is fun, although I have a hard time with the controls.

ekim

Wtf is going on with the install times on X1? It sits at 1% for 5 minutes now. Or does it not continue to install until it downloaded the patch?

danowat

Banned
Wtf is going on with the install times on X1? It sits at 1% for 5 minutes now. Or does it not continue to install until it downloaded the patch?

Ignore the percentage on xbox one installs/downloads, they bear little relation to what's actually going on!!!

Siegmeyer

I've been holding out on this til it's a bit cheaper but that updated song list is making me buckle. Randy Crawford's 'Street Life' is almost worth 40 quid to me alone. So many games, not enough money....

IMACOMPUTA

Decided to pick this up on the Bone as it's the same and I enjoy it more as a whole over the PS4. I'm excited to dive in again and beat it for the 3rd time. Looking forward to the first person mode and really trying the online out on this as I never played too much on the 360. GT: Krappadizzle if anyone wants to add me.
How do you know its the same? And now we can't play together :( (ps4).

dreamfall

Had some time to check out the OT, I didn't realize it had gone up!

It was a good quick job, especially after all the confusion over who was actually creating it/when it was going up. All those new wonderful songs!

So thanks for stitching it together TheAbsolution! It'll be nice to have a place to call home for awhile.

Guile

Banned
Just wondering guys, is there a reason why R* went with only 30 players for GTA:O?

Are there any technical limitations which prevented them from going higher? (60 players for instance)

Would be alot more fun with 60 players, imo.

MisterMac

Two questions:

1) Pretty sure I read something about vehicles from previous GTA games being added into NG GTA V. Can anyone confirm? Anyone seeing cars from GTA IV?

1: The only returning car I have seen myself on the social club website and in streams is the Blista Compact. The Dukes and Stallion are new to Next-Gen too, but I can't recall if they are from GTAIV.

2: Since day 1 if you set your aim preference to free-aim you will exclusively play in free-aim lobbies, this goes for free-mode, deathmatch, capture, contact missions, the works

Any word on framerate on PS4/Xbox one?

Have both consoles so I Want the best performance. Preordered PS4 version but after the Unity fiasco, I dont want slower framerate on PS4 (eg if xbox one has 900p but runs notably better than PS4 at 1080p)

bidguy

Banned
im torn, i really want this game but on the other hand i already played in on 360 on a 720p tv

id love to know how it looks and plays on a 42 inch 1080p

dreamfall

I wish they'd set up the Social Club account transfer on the website right now.

I can imagine that come 12am EST, this is going to be madness!

Lax1085

Banned
Any word on framerate on PS4/Xbox one?

Have both consoles so I Want the best performance. Preordered PS4 version but after the Unity fiasco, I dont want slower framerate on PS4 (eg if xbox one has 900p but runs notably better than PS4 at 1080p)

Is this a joke? Unity is a technical mess regardless

LAA

Got it today, woop! But my bro beat me to playing it..grg.
Have a question though, have they changed the map/notification bar locations? They're in the very corners of the screen this time, while before theres been some space around them.

(Also a little thing, but I still feel the need to say, they put inside cover art in the PS4 version! :D I loved that in the PS3 cases and I was sad when it seemed most games only used the inside cover to put safety warnings and etc. Hope this trend catches on (again) )

Not sure if I should go to my Best Buy's midnight launch or not. Never been too one.

For those of you who have. Are they generally lined up or in your experience, can you simply walk in at 12, pick it up and leave?

Top Bottom