• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V Soundtrack + Loading Theme Leaks [SPOILERS]

Shaneus

Holy fucking shit, I had no idea Soulwax were doing a station. FUCK YES.

Eagerly awaiting Kavinsky station tracklisting :)

Alienous

If you can't download 18gb within a week then you probably shouldn't be buying games digitally.

Not that people can't, but some people have bandwidth restrictions. Or they don't want to leave their console on overnight to download. Whatever it might be, allowing an early pre-load is a good idea.

As for leaks, nothing too bad has occurred.

lefantome

SPOILER about Michael ending

It is discovered that Michael is black, he always wears jeans short and starts an acting career. His wife divorces and goes to India. The daughter marries his brother which is not a real blood relative.
Ostriches confirmed in GTAV as well as body paintings

Dries

Checking out the songs on YouTube.... Hype is officially gone up to unknown levels, this is amazing..

But not any good country, i mean, where's Jake Owen!?!

Have you listened to the songs? I can't wait to drive through the dessert with some of those songs playing..

And to the dude above me posting the spoiler: Why would you want to post that here? Who the fuck is going to read that?

SPOILER about Michael ending

It is discovered that Michael is black, he always wears jeans short and starts an acting career. His wife divorces and goes to India. The daughter marries his brother which is not a real blood relative.
Ostriches confirmed in GTAV as well as body paintings

Why did I read that

Man i'm so disappointed about the game and info leak and especially so early. No good can come out of this for any party. Now i pretty much need to avoid all GTA V threads a whole month before release :(.

Going in fresh without knowing anything made GTA 4 a unique experience.

Well I for a fact didn't ever expect seeing something like Ty Segall playing Bo Diddley covers on a Grand Theft Auto 5 game. Pretty sick. Nice meat-and-potatoes punk rock channel too.

UrbanRats

My mannnn!

ibke2zrkFnF2QM.gif

Martian

I just want an easter egg one day that plays the GTA2 music when you shoot at it or something. Would be pretty damn satisfying

Or just put it in the game or something

megalowho

The Space (Funk)

*Rick James - Give It to Me Baby
*Evelyn "Champagne" King - I'm in Love
*Eddie Murphy - Party All the Time
*Kleer - Tonight
*D Train - You're the One for Me
*Zapp - Hearbreaker*Pt*1, Pt*2
*Kano - Can't Hold Back (Your Loving)
*One Way - Cutie Pie
This is my channel right here. Shame it's not a longer tracklist, but major props for it all the same. Can't Hold Back by Kano is a brilliant tune.

on closer inspection: that country station is fucking amazing

Rebel Radio (country)

*Ozark Mountain Daredevils - If You Wanna Get To Heaven
*Hank Snow - It Don't Hurt Anymore
*Johnny Paycheck - It won't be long (and I'll be hating you)
*Johnny Cash - General Lee
*Willie Nelson - Whiskey River
*Jerry Reed - You Took All The Ramblin' Out Of Me
*charlie feathers - can't hardly stand it
*Waylon Jennings - I Ain't Living Long Like this
*Waylon Jennings - Are You Sure Hank Done It This Way
*C.W. McCall - Convoy

Waylon and Johnny Cash
original american punk rockers

DC1

Why dose the Space (Funk) have the smallest/most limited song list?

Raising my fist st Rock Star!!!

megalowho

This leads me to believe that there will be some extra charging going on...
musical DLC....and I will be the cat that buys it all up!
On closer inspection, I'm sure a handful of the uncategorized tracks are on the Funk station. Bernard Wright, Taana Gardner, BT Express, Marlena Shaw all fit in nicely.

Still I need more! Boogie is such a perfect genre for the setting.

One Way - Cutie Pie

Really, Rockstar? Have you raided my inner-most dreams and desires and based your soundtrack picks on that? Are you serious with this soundtrack?

Ever since Original Kings Of Comedy came out and I discovered this track during Cedrick's bit, I've dreamed of this track being included in a GTA game. And the GTA game I get it in is GTA5?

They're fucking doing everything right guys. What the fuck. I'm going into overdrive here!!

Anth1888

I really liked the indie/rock Kerrang! Radio on Sleeping Dogs with Kasabian, The Kooks, Bombay Bicycle Club, The Maccabees etc. Was hoping we would get a similar alt. rock/indie station on GTA V.

KiNeSiS

Banned
The hiphop channel is full of gangsta rap... Someone needs to introduce Rockstar to Rhymesayers!

Hell no tried getting into them in the early 2000's their material just kept getting worse & worse.

I like the Demigodz Celph Titled, Louis Logic, & Apathy especially the 99 00 era.

Aesop Rock used to be pretty good, Mr Lif used to be pretty good but god damn EL-P suck!
As a producer his beats are usually garbage or experimental to the point of being out of this world awesome like some of the emergency rations LP for lif the last track I-Phantom I think it was called was a brain melting awesome instrumental. That album had a few baaaaanger but a few stinkers as well. They used to be hit or miss, now they are just swinging at air.
Rockstar always had great taste in music. If anything for their games they should go even further gangsta with the hip hop. Where is Big L, Kool G Rap? Where are the Lockdown Inmates. Perfect for GTA....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6WZY647YUM

shield

Los Santos Rock Radio - Classic 70's/80's Rock
DJ (Kenny) Loggins

Simple Minds - All The Things She Said
Gerry Rafferty - Baker Street
Robert Plant - Big Log
Foreigner - Dirty White Boy
Don Johnson - Heartbeat
Steve Winwood - Higher Love
Bob Seger and The Silver Bullet Band- Hollywood Nights
Stevie Nicks - I Can't Wait
Phil Collins - I Don't Care Anymore
Alan Parsons Project - I Wouldn't Want To Be Like You
Chicago - If You Leave Me Now
Kenny Loggins - I'm Free
Billy Squire - Lonely is the Night
Bob Seger - Night Moves
The Small Faces - Ogden's Nut Gone Flake
Def Leppard - Photograph
Queen - Radio Ga Ga
The Cult - Rain
Steve Miller Band - Rock'n Me
Elton John - Saturday Night's Alright (For Fighting)
The Greg Kihn Band - The Breakup Song
Julian Lennon - Too Late For Goodbyes
The Doobie Brothers - What a Fool Believes

This is my channel right here. Shame it's not a longer tracklist, but major props for it all the same. Can't Hold Back by Kano is a brilliant tune.

Yep, this will be my station too. I agree that it should be longer, hoping more will come in updates. I'm prepared to double/triple-dip for this game anyway and the likely PC/next-gen versions will allow us to play a custom station for sure.

shield

Space 103.2 (Funk)
DJ Bootsy Collins

Kano - Can't Hold Back Your Loving
One Way - Cutie Pie
Sho-Nuff - Funkasize You
Rick James - Give it to Me Baby
Bernard Wright - Haboglabotribin'
Taana Gardner - Heartbeat
Zapp - Heartbreaker - Pt. 1, Pt. 2
Bootsy Collins - I'd Rather Be With You
Evelyn "Champagne" King - I'm In Love