• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA VI Official Trailer

Mister Apoc

Demigod of Troll Threads
Actually, the color palette, the shading and the way the characters faces are drawn are pretty different. It's not a massive difference, but it looks better IMO.

And yes, it is a GTA thing that has evolved a lot. I'll be happy if their focus is in the art being more interesting, in GTA V all of the loading screen art is pretty bland compared to IV and Sam Andreas.
fair

do you think Jason is Hispanic by the way, some people are speculating he's a white passing hispanic?

Mister Apoc

Demigod of Troll Threads
Is this the Kosovo flag on Jason's car

hint towards Jason being Albanian maybe?

trailer1_frame2171.png

Warablo

Actually if we look at the first V trailer, all the other trailers that followed looked significantly better. The final game looked even better than those trailers too. RDR2 is the same story, RDR too.
I think you misunderstood what I was trying to say. I was saying their games usually look better than their trailers.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
I think you misunderstood what I was trying to say. I was saying their games usually look better than their trailers.
I think you'll find that the first trailers that Rockstar release may look great, but the games are even better once they release.

That looks so sweet. When I'm due a new tv, I might get one like that.

Is the input lag ok for games? I looked at them more than 10 years ago and they were terrible for it so no good for me, but I assume they've sorted it now?
Which Inputlag are you talking about??

The normal inputlag or a delay regarding the ambilight??

The normal inputlag at 60hz is arround 13ms and at 120hz arround 5ms.(Philips 908 current best OLED model from them)

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
Which Inputlag are you talking about??

The normal inputlag or a delay regarding the ambilight??

The normal inputlag at 60hz is arround 13ms and at 120hz arround 5ms.(Philips 908 current best OLED model from them)
The early models had an input lag that made twitch shooters unplayable. There's probably some videos on YouTube.

Pagusas

Elden Member
That looks so sweet. When I'm due a new tv, I might get one like that.

Is the input lag ok for games? I looked at them more than 10 years ago and they were terrible for it so no good for me, but I assume they've sorted it now?
There are lots of options these days for these system, I utilize a HDFury Diva system for mine, zero input lag, way more customizable and allows you to build out color profiles and converts HDR and VRR signals properly for the backlights, and I can split the video signal from my hdfury Vrroom to it. Granted thats $1100 in equipment, but I've never cared about the cost for perfection :)

Avoid systems that utilize cameras, or cheap systems that advertise they are HDMI 2.1 without doing a lot of research on them, you'll quickly find out they either don't support VRR or that they are finicky and wont work right under anything but exact conditions (like some will only work with SDR images, some will only take HDR in HDR10 but not HDR10+ or DV formats, and the vast majority of cheap ones wont work at 120hz).

Last edited:

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
Avoid systems that utilize cameras,

Thanks for the reply and yeah, I did look at those camera systems a while back. So weird to want to do something for aesthetic reasons and then spoil them by having to attach a boom arm to the tv!

$1100 is over budget, but I'll definitely be looking up the DIVA system you mention :)

There are lots of options these days for these system, I utilize a HDFury Diva system for mine, zero input lag, way more customizable and allows you to build out color profiles and converts HDR and VRR signals properly for the backlights, and I can split the video signal from my hdfury Vrroom to it. Granted thats $1100 in equipment, but I've never cared about the cost for perfection :)

Avoid systems that utilize cameras, or cheap systems that advertise they are HDMI 2.1 without doing a lot of research on them, you'll quickly find out they either don't support VRR or that they are finicky and wont work right under anything but exact conditions (like some will only work with SDR images, some will only take HDR in HDR10 but not HDR10+ or DV formats, and the vast majority of cheap ones wont work at 120hz).
Or just buy a Philips OLED.

Mister Apoc

Demigod of Troll Threads
Im just worried about the duel protagonist thing they are going to limit where Lucia and Jason can go

like only Lucia can go in Vice City and only Jason can go in areas outside of the city

intbal

I don't know all the GTA car names.
That looks like a second-gen El Camino.
So, if they've ever used something like that before in a previous GTA, then that's what it is.

Mister Apoc

Demigod of Troll Threads
I don't know all the GTA car names.
That looks like a second-gen El Camino.
So, if they've ever used something like that before in a previous GTA, then that's what it is.
thank you

also doesn't the artwork hint at Jason being tall as hell, the way he is leaning on Lucia..

engstra

This trailer finally got me to play GTA V for the first time. Game holds up surprisingly well but at the same time there's a lot that could be improved upon which is getting me hyped for VI.
The heist structure of choosing an approach and squad etc is interesting, but I was surprised how under-utilised it is. Only really available for like 4-5 missions in total? If this is expanded upon for a large chunk of missions that would be really cool.
I found the most enjoyable part of the game to be the side missions with all the weird characters you meet and hoping to see this again be expanded in meaningful ways. All of these arcs just fizzle out without any impact on story. Would love to see more interconnectedness between characters.

Woggleman

I have GTA V another spin and I have actually gained a new appreciation for it. I was let down because I felt it went too far in trying not to be GTA IV but then I figured that each GTA needs to stand on it's own.

Mister Apoc

Demigod of Troll Threads
So this might be a nothing burger, but found it interested

Manni (the presumed actress for Lucia) was following Mario D' Leon, the actor for Luis Lopez..... and now she is no longer following him (because of NDA possibly)

Manni Perez, I believe is Dominican so that menas Lucia will most likely be Domincian like Luis, so people are speculating Lucia might be a relative of Luis

ke2zik19o8ec1.jpeg

Shakka43

So this might be a nothing burger, but found it interested

Manni (the presumed actress for Lucia) was following Mario D' Leon, the actor for Luis Lopez..... and now she is no longer following him (because of NDA possibly)

Manni Perez, I believe is Dominican so that menas Lucia will most likely be Domincian like Luis, so people are speculating Lucia might be a relative of Luis
I think she's gonna be Cuban seeing how they have a large presence in Florida, and with GTA having had two Dominican leads so far Rockstar might probably go with different Hispanic nationality this time.

DavidGzz

Most Hispanics are white. I had to choose white when I got hired at the Sheriff's department. That's me in he pfp. There are also black Hispanics. It's an ethnicity not a race. Jason does look Caucasian, but so does my half Hispanic nephew. Jason could be half and half. But why are we discussing this again?

Mister Apoc

Demigod of Troll Threads
so the leaks had a clip of Jason and Lucia walking into a club

well if you watch the trailer again, the club scene, you can see two figures in the background

They are wearing the same outfits they wore in the leaks, and it looks like Jason has a gun about to hold up the place...interesting

is-this-lucia-and-jason-v0-emv25eun5ulc1.png

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Has that FL Joker guy made any new videos? :messenger_grinning_smiling:

"Me n my Jewish lawyers only want fiddy thousand. Rockstar hit me up yo. Dis forrell."

(Fades back into foliage)

Last edited:
Top Bottom