• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA VI Official Trailer

Warablo

do you believe this guy will be a 3rd protagonist alongside Jason and Lucia?
GTA-6-Kodak-Black-Featured.jpg
I believe in the leaks there was a character that looked similar to this that they speculate would have a playable section.

Mister Apoc

Demigod of Troll Threads
I believe in the leaks there was a character that looked similar to this that they speculate would have a playable section.
their was a black dude but it clearly said "Gang_NPC" in that clip..so it was probably a dev testing NPC animations

the more I think about it, it be kind of odd to have a 3rd guy with this bonnie and clyde story going on

Woggleman

I believe that Jason and Lucia will be the only two protagonists. The guy with the dreads might be a character we that relates to the story but I doubt he will be a protagonist.

-Zelda-

Banned
Never played a GTA game before. Do we choose which protag we want to play as or are we forced to play as both of them at different times? is this one of those games that is going to trigger the usual suspects due to nudity and women that look good?

Woggleman

Never played a GTA game before. Do we choose which protag we want to play as or are we forced to play as both of them at different times? is this one of those games that is going to trigger the usual suspects due to nudity and women that look good?
If it is anything like GTA V there will be some missions where it just Lucia or Jason and others where you can switch back and forth. GTA does have nudity and attractive women and people have complained but Rockstar seems to ignore them.

Stafford

I think its because Rockstar trailers usually have a history of actually looking the same or even worse compared to release.

Actually if we look at the first V trailer, all the other trailers that followed looked significantly better. The final game looked even better than those trailers too. RDR2 is the same story, RDR too.

Mister Apoc

Demigod of Troll Threads
I feel like the story is going to be about the nature of celebrity and social media in today's age

like I think Jason and Lucia will start to become popular and elevated to a celebrity status, people will record their actions etc. Which will of course bring massive heat down upon them... Like an example would be seeing a tiktok or whatever rockstar's equivolent with some deranged fanboy that has a Jason and Lucia shirt

what do you guys think?

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Yeah, the story is going to be incredibly deep and nuanced with a lot of emotional beats that people will complain about. But I can tell already its going to be incredible for this medium. Will be the most talked about gaming story since tlou 2

Mister Apoc

Demigod of Troll Threads
It's interesting that they put Jason as a definite person in the artwork when their is a theory that some people are running with

that Lucia is a pre-defined character but Jason is a create a character that you customize and isn't pre-defined, do you agree or disagree?

Kabelly

In what ways? Because I really want to see a huge change/improvement in mission design. Give the player more freedom please.
Gosh. I've been replaying RDR2 again and I've always had major issues with the game but it always draws me back in just because it's so beautiful to look at. When you're running around the open world doing your own thing it's such a great experience. I've been playing with no map for the most part as well.

The moment you enter a main mission all of that joy gets thrown out so you can experience the game only the way rockstar wants you to. I've never played more restrictive game missions. I just did a mission where it wouldn't even let me choose my weapons. The wheel wouldn't come up. I had to play with what they gave me. I mentioned I haven't been playing with a map. In the mission John told me to hitch my horse at a post. I just figured as long as I hitch my horse I'd be fine. No, I didn't hitch my horse to the right post. I had to get back on my horse look at the map to see which post they want my horse and then do it again. Little things like that throughout all the story missions drag the whole thing down. There's zero player agency.

I hope they balance the realism I know they're going to add for VI while still retaining a fun game feel and also not making the missions so god damn restrictive.

wvnative

Freely select in free roam unless one is out of commission for story reasons, forced to play as each in specific missions, but most missions where they are together will let you freely switch between the two aside from some scripted moments. At least that was how it is in GTA V and I don't see why it would change in VI.

amigastar

Early access with loads of cosmetic dlc to drag those extra notes out of people's pockets. I've never paid £70 for any game and GTA6 will be no different.
Actually 70 Bucks for a game would be the limit i would pay these days and not for all titles. Especially if it's such a big game like GTA. But if i remember correctly back in the days you would pay more for games than nowadays if you consider inflation and such.
Cosmetic DLC doesn't interest me at all.

Last edited:

Mister Apoc

Demigod of Troll Threads
Hey i got a question guys if you can help me out

what street gangs can we expect to see in GTA 6?. I'm not familiar with Miami gang culture as much as LA

Last edited:
If it is anything like GTA V there will be some missions where it just Lucia or Jason and others where you can switch back and forth. GTA does have nudity and attractive women and people have complained but Rockstar seems to ignore them.
Why do they complain bout that ? Not like there attractive woman in real life?

Toots

Gold Member
Fun Fact: Lucia means "Light" in Latin

Put that in in your pipe you bought from the Fl Joker and smoke it.
Fun fact : lucifer means "light bringer" in Latin. Therefore Rockstar is literally Satan and the FL Joker is Jesus fighting against the forces of evil (in court).

elmos-acc

anyone find it disappointing that it seems like R* is using the same art style for VI that they did for V?

0lrweecflc5c1.jpg

Actually, the color palette, the shading and the way the characters faces are drawn are pretty different. It's not a massive difference, but it looks better IMO.

And yes, it is a GTA thing that has evolved a lot. I'll be happy if their focus is in the art being more interesting, in GTA V all of the loading screen art is pretty bland compared to IV and Sam Andreas.

Top Bottom