• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GUILTY GEAR Xrd REV 2 |OT| Holy Smokes Baiken!

Bejan

Neo Member
Right here

But I remember arksystems saying before the game came out that the upgrade would include all the same content as the full game. I called Sony this morning and they refunded me for the upgrade but I used the money to buy the full version anyway.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
But I remember arksystems specifically saying the upgrade would include all the same content as the full game. I called Sony this morning and they refunded me for the upgrade but I used the money to buy the full version anyway.
They ment the new stuff

It will get the same story mode, single player updates and all that jazz.
I really do think they should've explained the upgrade program a bit better though, especially when it says that you get all the Rev 2 content.
Dizzy and Kum are Rev 1 content not Rev 2 content

I understood this since the announcement its why I told people that asked me if they should get rev 1 after the announcement to hold off on it x.x/

Laws00

anybody having problems upgrading the rev 2 content?

I bought it from the store, i clicked on it and it says can not purchase at this time.

There seems to be 2 spaces opened up for baiken and answer but they are locked

and is there a title screen screen change too?

I tried looking in the options and i could not find anything

I bought it from the store, i clicked on it and it says can not purchase at this time.

Yeah, I bought the upgrade, it downloaded a small activation key but it does nothing. The patch added those two spaces but, as you said, they're locked. No title change either, something must be wrong with the activation key. Another user here had problems a couple of pages ago, but they never replied so I don't know whether they managed to get it fixed.

I've tried contacting both PQube and the Guilty Gear EU Twitter accounts, no response as of yet other than a generic "looking into it".

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

Yeah, I bought the upgrade, it downloaded a small activation key but it does nothing. The patch added those two spaces but, as you said, they're locked. No title change either, something must be wrong with the activation key. Another user here had problems a couple of pages ago, but they never replied so I don't know whether they managed to get it fixed.

I've tried contacting both PQube and the Guilty Gear EU Twitter accounts, no response as of yet other than a generic "looking into it".

Yeah I was browsing the PQube twitter after you linked it earlier, it seems like a known issue at the moment

splattered

So I see two Rev2 upgrade packages sitting next to each other in the web store? That normal? Which one do I pick?

And i'm assuming this upgrade works as you'd think... adding all the new content to our base game we already own?

This is no hissy fit, I just don't think I should have to pay £40 or over for the third iteration in a single fighting game, and there is no option to buy Rev 2 as a standalone on PC, you can only get it through digital upgrade for Rev 1.

Do we know this for sure? I thought they might add a standalone/bundle as we got closer to release?

theres a steam bundle
Also, for users who did not own the game can also purchase a special bundle package containing both "GUILTY GEAR Xrd -REVELATOR-" (the game itself) and the Upgrade DLC altogether in 1 package.

https://steamcommunity.com/games/520440/announcements/detail/1299695964235479046

Bebpo

Banned
So just to double check, on PS4 if I own the disc version of Rev and buy the Rev 2 upgrade DLC, I still need to put the Rev disc in everytime I want to play it?

If so, debating paying $20 more just to have a digital version.

Can confirm you don't get previous DLC with Rev 2,(colors and system voices) but I think it might give you the characters.

So just to double check, on PS4 if I own the disc version of Rev and buy the Rev 2 upgrade DLC, I still need to put the Rev disc in everytime I want to play it?

If so, debating paying $20 more just to have a digital version.

It's definitely worth it. Personally I like having fighting games digital because I play them all year round. I like to leave disk tray open for Single Player games I won't be playing as long term, while being free to play multiplayer/fighting games while juggling those.

Some maybe useful info for people buying physically / collecting the physical:

NA Rev 2 = coloured spine to match the previous 2 releases but green background. Includes manual.

PAL Rev 2 = plain white spine with plain text and no logo like NA. No word on manual yet.

is any of the dlc for rev2 new, aside from extra colors for baiken/answer? everything else seems to be the same as rev1. Is there any way to get the eclipse colors for just the two new guys as well?

is any of the dlc for rev2 new, aside from extra colors for baiken/answer? everything else seems to be the same as rev1. Is there any way to get the eclipse colors for just the two new guys as well?

Yeah it's under revelator DLC though

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...DDAT00003501?gclid=CKb_3tn0jtQCFQ5rfgodKAIM3A

and no there doesn't seem to be any new DLC outside of giving the new characters the same options as everyone else. (Eclipse, bonus colors and system voice)

thanks man

I have been able to unlock sin and elphelt as announcers. Can you unlock all of them, or is it just a few?

All the original 17 characters from Sign are on the disc as unlockables.

All new characters from Revelator(and now Rev 2) are on the store and must be purchased to have access to.

So you can unlock/fish for everyone but Jack-O, Jam, Johnny, Haehyun, Raven, Dizzy, Baiken and Answer.

and also new Slayer because of his voice actor changing due to the death of his old one. But I think Old Slayer is available as an unlock on disk IIRC

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
story spoilers

Ky wrecked the fuck out of Sol free as fuck. Sol admitting that Ky in the war scared the fuck out of him. Makes sense, originally Ky died fighting off over 100 gears at once

wwm0nkey

story spoilers

Ky wrecked the fuck out of Sol free as fuck. Sol admitting that Ky in the war scared the fuck out of him. Makes sense, originally Ky died fighting off over 100 gears at once

Okay so like
Did he get revived as a Gear or is it a gear pretending to be Ky?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Okay so like
Did he get revived as a Gear or is it a gear pretending to be Ky?

I-no went back in time and bailed him out of the situation. In that storyline Ky and Dizzy never get to know each other and justice isnt defeated the same way so Dizzy is born when justice is still around if I remember right and after justice is killed dizzy takes over as the comander gear and basically ends the world that man ask i-no to go back in time and save ky to fix everything. Basically the original timeline before GG1 was a bad ending. Everything we see from GG1 and up is after the past was changed

Feeroper

I'm very confused - Some reviews I have read are saying the $20 upgrade gets you the 2 new characters as well as 2 of the Rev 1 characters (Kum and Dizzy), but here people are saying you don't get the Rev 1 DLC?

I have Rev 1, got the free characters, but missed Dizzy and hadn't purchased her. So, with the upgrade option, I will NOT get Dizzy, correct?

I also see some people saying there is other content you don't get from the upgrade, that you get in the standalone retail version?

For someone who has Rev 1, what is the difference between getting the Rev 2 disc vs the Rev 2 upgrade? Do you get more from the disc purchase?

Slaythe

I'm very confused - Some reviews I have read are saying the $20 upgrade gets you the 2 new characters as well as 2 of the Rev 1 characters (Kum and Dizzy), but here people are saying you don't get the Rev 1 DLC?

I have Rev 1, got the free characters, but missed Dizzy and hadn't purchased her. So, with the upgrade option, I will NOT get Dizzy, correct?

I also see some people saying there is other content you don't get from the upgrade, that you get in the standalone retail version?

For someone who has Rev 1, what is the difference between getting the Rev 2 disc vs the Rev 2 upgrade? Do you get more from the disc purchase?

The disc has all the Rev 1 DLC characters.

The upgrade only adds Baiken and Answer. Not Dizzy.

There are no other differences that I know of.

Simply put, purchasing Rev2 standalone and Rev 2 digital upgrade will give you access to all 25 characters in the game.

Nothing else is included DLC wise.

Buying the upgrade allows you to play Rev 2 with your Rev 1 disc.

Buying the retail disc allows you to play Rev 2 with your Rev 2 disc.

Slaythe

Simply put, purchasing Rev2 standalone and Rev 2 digital upgrade will give you access to all 25 characters in the game.

Nothing else is included DLC wise.

Buying the upgrade allows you to play Rev 2 with your Rev 1 disc.

Buying the retail disc allows you to play Rev 2 with your Rev 2 disc.

Wut, I thought physical REV included DLC characters of REV 1.

Digital upgrade doesn't.

WarRock

Wonder if the PC upgrade will be any different? There was no free DLC period for it, at least a bundle of upgrade+DLC (and not upgrade+base game) would be appreciated.

Laws00

I re downloaded my whole rev 2 game to try to get this to work............

found this online

This is specifically for people that have the Rev1 version and will use the DLC option on PSN, but after starting up Rev1, the update doesn't apply.

After every step, restart your ps4

1) Delete all save and game data related to the Rev2 demo

2) Under settings, go to Playstation Network / Account Management, and restore your licenses.

3) Upload save data to online storage, delete Rev1 game data and save data, re-download the game and restore licenses after it is completed, and download your save data from online storage

Personally, I got mine working after I completed steps in the order of 1, 3, then 2. I would suggest doing it in order 1, 2, 3 so that you aren't forced to download your entire Rev1 game data all over again.

I re downloaded my whole rev 2 game to try to get this to work............

found this online

Thank you, I've tried restoring licenses and indeed it worked. I can't believe I didn't think of doing that, I pretty much tried everything yesterday, including redownloading the whole game to no avail.

Laws00

Thank you, I've tried restoring licenses and indeed it worked. I can't believe I didn't think of doing that, I pretty much tried everything yesterday, including redownloading the whole game to no avail.

welcome, wish i had found this last night too lol

Feeroper

I guess it makes more sense for me to get the digital upgrade and buy Dizzy as opposed to the standalone disc. I just want to be sure that there is nothing missing from the upgrade that you would otherwise get on the standalone disc.

Sayad

story spoilers

Is that all the new story content we're getting, or there's supposed to be more later on?

Pompadour

This genuinely might be my favorite fighting game this gen mechanics, gameplay, and presentation wise but Jesus Christ is the online abysmal. The netcode is awful, the matchmaking might as well not exist, and the player pool is like 100 people total (and I can probably get a decent connection with 10 of them).

I'll give it some more time but this is disheartening.

Shikoba

So I've never played Guilty Gear, but found the ps+ demo really awesome. I don't mind the story being a movie, but will a new guilty Gear player understand it? Or is it a continuation of the story from older games?

Also is the story from Xrd Rev in Xrd Rev 2?

Kuksune

So I've never played Guilty Gear, but found the ps+ demo really awesome. I don't mind the story being a movie, but will a new guilty Gear player understand it? Or is it a continuation of the story from older games?

There is a story summary in the gallery somewhere i think, so you can read up a little before going into the story. And if i remember correctly you should do the arcade endings first before the story mode. And i think you can just watch Xrd 1 story mode on youtube.

Hope this helps a little :)

ArcadeStatic

Neo Member
Is that all the new story content we're getting, or there's supposed to be more later on?

They are supposed to be releasing an update with more story content later on. As to when, I'm not sure, but you get a nice game currency gift for watching the available Rev 2 story.

Eolz

So what is the latest patch for Rev 1 on PS4? I keep seeing 1.05 or 1.06, but apparently the latter is PS3 only?
Just want to be sure it has the latest patch on the EU version before buying the upgrade.

There is a story summary in the gallery somewhere i think, so you can read up a little before going into the story. And if i remember correctly you should do the arcade endings first before the story mode. And i think you can just watch Xrd 1 story mode on youtube.

Hope this helps a little :)

This.
Although I think Sign's story was removed from youtube.

But yeah the "episodes" in the arcade mode is a prologue of the story. Those are playable.

miku

So what is the latest patch for Rev 1 on PS4? I keep seeing 1.05 or 1.06, but apparently the latter is PS3 only?
Just want to be sure it has the latest patch on the EU version before buying the upgrade.

Mine is 1.06 on PS4 JP version

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Right here

Confused. What is missing exactly? 'Available to play' asserts that the listed elements are included as part of the upgrade.

So what exactly is missing? Statement you quote doesn't specify anything segregated. I have this upgrade in my cart but am glad I checked this thread first before spending the $20.

Edit: some other posters seemed helpful. So a few DLC characters aren't included then? But they are in the $40 version? Anything else different?

Slaythe

Eu has their own patches so it's not 1:1 but you can play online with other people if that's what you ask.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Edit: some other posters seemed helpful. So a few DLC characters aren't included then? But they are in the $40 version? Anything else different?

Because you are looking for the answer to a question using something that wasn't your question.

The 20 dollar upgrade includes all the new content that is from Rev 2. The end, that's also literally what that says. My response was to someone crying about not getting a free pass on the Rev 1 dlc for 20 bucks because for some reason they think Rev 1 dlc is Rev 2 content

Rev 2 retail has everything all old content on disc plus obviously the new stuff.

Rev 2 upgrade only gives you the new things that are in Rev 2

Just bought rev 2 recently. I've been wanting to try another fighting game aside from SF (which I was not that good at). I'm loving the tutorial but even when playing sf concepts like canceling and similar never really clicked with me so I'm a bit apprehensive about heading online right away. I think I'm going to stick with May and maybe Sol unless there's another char with just real solid normal buttons.

Maybe I could add some of y'all to psn :)

Mesoian

Man, Bai is fun as hell, but she's a lot slower than she used to be. The slow timing for tatami is throwing me way off, I used to be able to throw it as a safe escape, now it's so slow it gets blocked before you can dash out.

Still trying to get her air dash, s,p,p,k,tatami, s,d-rc-airdash s,d. The timing is really damn strict.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Just bought rev 2 recently. I've been wanting to try another fighting game aside from SF (which I was not that good at). I'm loving the tutorial but even when playing sf concepts like canceling and similar never really clicked with me so I'm a bit apprehensive about heading online right away. I think I'm going to stick with May and maybe Sol unless there's another char with just real solid normal buttons.

Maybe I could add some of y'all to psn :)

Give ky and leo a shot as well

Bebpo

Banned
Rev 2 additions seem pretty nice. Arcade mode story for the 4 previous DLC cast and 2 new characters + short story mode + new changes to most (all?) the cast.

Enjoying it a lot, though I get the feeling this will be the last GG we get for a while since the sales of Rev 1 were pretty bad and I gotta imagine this is gonna sell much worse than that since it's so under the radar. At least we got Dizzy & Baiken. Those were always two of my faves.

Top Bottom