• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GUILTY GEAR Xrd REV 2 |OT| Holy Smokes Baiken!

Rutger

Banned
Game looks amazing but I just can't support it with no english voices :(

Ah, it wouldn't be time for a new Arcsys game without some posts saying "Game looks amazing but..."

Though no matter how that line ends, it always seems to translate to "...I have no intention of buying this, just wanted to let everyone know!"

colinp

Banned
Alright I picked it up and it's crazy and awesome. The tutorials are indeed godlike and I'm enjoying it thoroughly.

What's the best way to unlock Raven? Earning funny money or through fishing?

Also, are you always guaranteed something new fishing?

Deimo5

Alright I picked it up and it's crazy and awesome. The tutorials are indeed godlike and I'm enjoying it thoroughly.

Fishing is luck based so if you really want raven quickly, buying him directly is probably better.

You will never pick up a duplicate item from fishing besides the junk fish that give you nothing. Eventually you have to start relying on the 10 junk fish equals a guaranteed new item mechanic to get drops since they become quite rare

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Raven is what, 200k? I'd say it's almost sure that you'll get Raven during the 100 fishing for 10 attempts that amounts to.
Almost. And you get other stuff too of course.
Yeah. Sometimes you get some... fish though.

Naite

So I bought a disc copy even though I bought the digital upgrade because reasons.

- I was curious if the DLC I bought for Revelator wouldn't carry over because they have separate store page listings, but all my Revelator DLC works fine in standalone Rev2.

- The non-essential DLC I didn't buy in Revelator, which was mainly the DLC colors, still were unavailable to me in standalone Rev2. DLC characters I would assume are alright.

- The save file is separate from Revelator , but when you first boot it up you have the option to carry over your old Revelator data.

- You can still change the version to Revelator in the standalone Rev2 copy.

Sayad

Man, I really wished this game had two button dashes while doing Baiken's last combo trail, I've seen the light! Shit was brutal on a controller.

Raven is what, 200k? I'd say it's almost sure that you'll get Raven during the 100 fishing for 10 attempts that amounts to.
Almost. And you get other stuff too of course.
Yeah. Sometimes you get some... fish though.

Maybe. The pool is pretty bloated now with figure mode content.

and I think Rev 2 added new avatar heads and R-Code panels as well.

mooncakes

People here are really underselling Slayer's bite buff, for characters with low stun, bite while having 50% tension is pretty much the end of the round for them, fucking cannibal.
9ovvu0I.gif

This is true but the Slayer tax though. Slayer has very good damage but his normals is lacking a bit so his netural game suffer a quite bit to get that one hit. Weaving, navigating and fighting against characters with swords normals and projectiles makes its it tough to land a bite so you have to conditioned them to block to get it going. Once Slayer touches/bite someone,the fun part is watching their HP melt.

Wasn't Dizzy borderline unplayable before?

Raven got changed to make people use his special trait. It was pretty much ignored before, and he lost jump-cancel 6A.

I think in this game, no character can be bad if they have sweep> oki projectile setup like Dizzy, Kum, Raven, or Millia. Since you can always get a guaranteed mixups without putting yourself in danger like Slayer's oki.

This is true but the Slayer tax though. Slayer has very good damage but his normals is lacking a bit so his netural game suffer a quite bit to get that one hit. Weaving, navigating and fighting against characters with swords normals and projectiles makes its it tough to land a bite so you have to conditioned them a bit. Once Slayer touches/bite someone,the fun is watching their HP melt.

I think in this game, no character can be bad if they have sweep> oki projectile setup like Dizzy, Kum, Raven, or Millia. Since you can always get a guaranteed mixups without putting yourself in danger like Slayer's oki.

Slayer is like that by design though.

Pachinko

I bought this because of Baiken and I don't even really have much time to play it but wanted to support aksys.

I mean hell, we've all spent more then 40 USD on dumber stuff anyway right ?

Man it always sucks that the south central region is pretty empty in the lobbies. I have to play matches in the Northeast with 4-5f of latency. Anyone add me on PSN GiygasXLR if they want some games in. I'll get back to you whenever I'm on.

PSN - Steakjuice

I will probably be on tonight.

I'll add you on PSN, I missed this post.

Subaru

This is when you know a person isn't really interested in a game and just needs any excuse not to buy it.

But I guess this is a cultural thing too. I don't know, there is people who enjoy dubbed movies. I willl never understand that, but...

I think the biggest problem is that japanese stuff sound really corny in english, specially because the japanese names sounds HORRIBLE in english.

mitchlol

So I don't have GG rev at all but was going to be jumping on on Rev2 when it releases on Steam, but I can't see a bundle yet that includes Rev + Rev 2 upgrade. Does anyone know if it's being bundled and if so will I get all the characters straight away or need to unlock some?

Krammy

Bought a physical version of Rev 2 because I skipped Revelator and got a slick pricing error on it. So far I'm loving it infinitely more than -SIGN- and I'd even go as far as saying it's one of the better fighting games I've played in recent memory. I've found myself viewing all the animations for characters, similar to how I love to see CPS-2 era Capcom animations!

My only question is what's the easiest way to earn money? Elphelt's -SIGN- costume is 100,000 W$, and I'm earning maybe 5,000+ W$ per arcade run. With colours to unlock, this feels like a monumental task. Do you earn more for increased difficulty or rounds?

Sayad

So I don't have GG rev at all but was going to be jumping on on Rev2 when it releases on Steam, but I can't see a bundle yet that includes Rev + Rev 2 upgrade. Does anyone know if it's being bundled and if so will I get all the characters straight away or need to unlock some?
Don't think it's up yet!

Sayad

Bought a physical version of Rev 2 because I skipped Revelator and got a slick pricing error on it. So far I'm loving it infinitely more than -SIGN- and I'd even go as far as saying it's one of the better fighting games I've played in recent memory. I've found myself viewing all the animations for characters, similar to how I love to see CPS-2 era Capcom animations!

My only question is what's the easiest way to earn money? Elphelt's -SIGN- costume is 100,000 W$, and I'm earning maybe 5,000+ W$ per arcade run. With colours to unlock, this feels like a monumental task. Do you earn more for increased difficulty or rounds?
Viewing the story gives a million(or half a million can't remember). Doing the missions, combo stuff, tutorials gives a lot too.

It's more cost effective to fish until you randomly get the costume, since you will also be getting other stuff while doing so, but it could take a while.

Krammy

Viewing the story gives a million(or half a million can't remember). Doing the missions, combo stuff, tutorials gives a lot too.

It's more cost effective to fish until you randomly get the costume, since you will also be getting other stuff while doing so, but it could take a while.

Woah! Even half a million would be more than enough for what I'm interested in unlocking, that's great to know. Thanks!

Slaythe

If Anji makes it back into the game before Robo Ky Testament and BRIDGET I'm going to be royally pissed.

Especially Bridget as he was number 2 right under Dizzy for most asked.

Danielsan

Forgive me if it's mentioned in the OP, but I was wondering if anyone can clear up whether Rev2 contains everything Rev1 has, or do you sort of need Sign, Rev1 and Rev2 to get the full experience?

I used to love Guilty Gear back in the day (the original on PSone and XX on PS2). I only played casually, but loved it for its style and unique characters. I played the demo on PS4 a couple of weeks ago and loved it, so I'm thinking of picking one of the Xrd games up.

Slaythe

Forgive me if it's mentioned in the OP, but I was wondering if anyone can clear up whether Rev2 contains everything Rev1 has, or do you sort of need Sign, Rev1 and Rev2 to get the full experience?

Rev 2 has everything Rev 1 had.

In terms of content.

As for the characters, the standalone edition has all of them, the update doesn't have the DLC characters of rev 1.

Sayad

Rev 2 has everything from Rev 1.

The only thing missing from Rev 2 for whole experience is I guess SIGN's story mode and arcade mode story content. You really don't need SIGN unless you find it dirt cheap, you could probably view the story online somewhere, there's no gameplay in it so you're not missing much.

Danielsan

Rev 2 has everything Rev 1 had.

In terms of content.

As for the characters, the standalone edition has all of them, the update doesn't have the DLC characters of rev 1.
Good to hear. So I'm better of paying € 38 for Rev2 in stead of getting Rev1 for € 18 and getting the upgrade down the line then? Given that the DLC is included in the stand alone version.

The spine on the physical version being green instead of red like the other two is annoying me...

I feel more annoyed that the game tile on the PS4 doesn't change to show Rev2 because of it it gets coded. I keep expecting the green logo and not seeing it, because it just shows Revelator. The game is even patched to be Rev2 and just doesn't give you the content until you have the upgrade bought, so why didn't they change the tile. Destiny does it with literally every release. :|

WarRock

It is going to be bundled. Raven comes locked unless there is a bundle with his unlock DLC too (he can either be bought with in game currency or DLC).

Artanisix

was wondering why the hell the OP didn't show answer or baiken and then realized the thread is a year old...

so if i upgrade to rev 2 on steam on june 1st, what do i actually get? what new characters are in the game, and which ones are dlc that i have to buy?

are johnny, jam, jack-o already in rev 1? or do they come with rev 2?

Sayad

was wondering why the hell the OP didn't show answer or baiken and then realized the thread is a year old...

so if i upgrade to rev 2 on steam on june 1st, what do i actually get? what new characters are in the game, and which ones are dlc that i have to buy?

are johnny, jam, jack-o already in rev 1? or do they come with rev 2?
DLC characters are Kum and Dizzy, Raven is unlockable in the game and everyone else is available from the get go.

do you get money from watching the new story movies? I need money to unlock the other costume for elphelt. If not, what are good ways to grind for money?

vg260

If you had Revelator and buy the upgrade, how does it show up on your PS4?

Does it show separately in your menus as Rev2 separately? Or does it look like you just have Revelator until you go in-game? You would get the whole green themed UI update, right?

Slaythe

do you get money from watching the new story movies? I need money to unlock the other costume for elphelt. If not, what are good ways to grind for money?

You get money for watching the new story bits.

If you had Revelator and buy the upgrade, how does it show up on your PS4?

Does it show separately in your menus as Rev2 separately? Or does it look like you just have Revelator until you go in-game? You would get the whole green themed UI update, right?

Yeah the update doesn't change the icon on ps4 so it looks like rev 1.

It's updated when in game though.

Danielsan

Well just ordered Rev2 on PS4 this morning. I'm getting Tekken 7 on Friday and I expect that will take up most of my time, but I've been meaning to pick up one of the Xrd games and now seems like a great time to do so. Also just want to give some support to Guilty Gear. I will probably never get good at these games but I have a ton of appreciation for them.

1upsuper

Picked this up the other day and it's a lot of fun. Haven't played a GG since...something on the PS2. I'm impressed by the single player content here as well as the nice tutorial. I am absolutely terrible at fighting games though. Is GG considered difficult to learn?

Celcius

°Temp. member
Sign and Rev 1 have a two part story mode.
If I upgrade to Rev 2, you're saying part 1 of the new story is available and part 2 will be available later? Or is it just a few new scenes added to the Rev 1 story?

Top Bottom