• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Extreme VS (PS3) |OT| >>>>>>>>>> Your Favorite Fighting Game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jubern

Sorry, I've been meaning to play but just don't have the time these days >_>
I practically haven't boot up my home consoles for a good week or so...

Will try to be here today or this weekend but can't promise anything.

Soulhouf

What are the requirements for the emblem "Arrows"? (アロウズ) (2nd trials level)
My Japanese rudimentary skills are not able to figure it out.

Jubern

IIRC, the A-LAWS emblem mission is you in Susano-o + partner against 00 and Cherudim?

If that's the one, you need to shoot down the Ptolemaios (warship) in the background. It's almost impossible to do it by yourself since you're in a melee unit, so the trick is to set a strong long-range unit like the Gunner Zaku Warrior as your partner, set the AI to 「集中」(concentrate fire on same target), and run around while targeting the ship until your partner does the job. Then finish the mission.

Soulhouf

IIRC, the A-LAWS emblem mission is you in Susano-o + partner against 00 and Cherudim?

If that's the one, you need to shoot down the Ptolemaios (warship) in the background. It's almost impossible to do it by yourself since you're in a melee unit, so the trick is to set a strong long-range unit like the Gunner Zaku Warrior as your partner, set the AI to 「集中」(concentrate fire on same target), and run around while targeting the ship until your partner does the job. Then finish the mission.

Yes that's the one. My reading skill really sucks. Japanese is very confusing in that regard.

Anyway, thanks a lot for the info, you're a life saver!

Jubern

No problem! You're actually pretty lucky, since I hate the trial mode and this emblem is probably the only one I remember so clearly, for whatever reason lol

Soulhouf

The trial mission "I Am Gundam!" is driving me crazy. I'm not able to defeat 00 Qan(T) to clear the mission, they are destroying me. Besides I need a S rank to get the emblem.
Any MS recommendation against those overpowered 00 Qan(T)?

I'am using Gundam Wing Zero and my CPU partner is GN-006 Cherudim Gundam.
I set the skill to -500 cost.

JKTrix

You might want to try soloing it--set a cheap AI to evade and let them just run away. Maybe pump up the CPU stat on that unit, though I'm not sure if that helps with their evasion skills. Either way they should die less, and they're more likely to die than to do significant damage. In turn, you can follow them around if someone is chasing them to take them out.

Unicorn with fully upgraded shoot damage will probably help you actually deal more consistent damage. His beams are strong and you don't have to wait for them to recharge like you would with Wing Zero's gerobis, and I think he has a little more base health than WZ too. There are skills that give you more health, regenerating health, or more time if you need to do that.

In general though, if you haven't been upgrading the units you use (at least their health and their main attack type), definitely do that. That's definitely one of the toughest missions in the game.

Soulhouf

You might want to try soloing it--set a cheap AI to evade and let them just run away. Maybe pump up the CPU stat on that unit, though I'm not sure if that helps with their evasion skills. Either way they should die less, and they're more likely to die than to do significant damage. In turn, you can follow them around if someone is chasing them to take them out.

Unicorn with fully upgraded shoot damage will probably help you actually deal more consistent damage. His beams are strong and you don't have to wait for them to recharge like you would with Wing Zero's gerobis, and I think he has a little more base health than WZ too. There are skills that give you more health, regenerating health, or more time if you need to do that.

In general though, if you haven't been upgrading the units you use (at least their health and their main attack type), definitely do that. That's definitely one of the toughest missions in the game.

I followed your advice and It was a disaster. When I set AI to "evade" I wasn't even able to destroy the 1st wave T_T
Something must be wrong...

All the MS I'm using are fully upgraded.
I will grind a bit to max out Gundam Unicorn and see how it will go. But for sure I will never be able to beat this mission solo. CPU always does a good job and it's always me who get shot.

This mission is getting really frustrating T_T

JKTrix

I followed your advice and It was a disaster. When I set AI to "evade" I wasn't even able to destroy the 1st wave T_T
Something must be wrong...

All the MS I'm using are fully upgraded.
I will grind a bit to max out Gundam Unicorn and see how it will go. But for sure I will never be able to beat this mission solo. CPU always does a good job and it's always me who get shot.

This mission is getting really frustrating T_T
Sorry to hear that :p Have you played with any of us? We could probably give you some tips to make it a little smoother. Assuming you've been using WZ since you got the game, there are some basic concepts that you probably haven't been using (like the 'Zunda'). For now I'd say move on to other missions until that's all you have left--though there is one mission in particular I found even harder than that.

You don't really need to fully max everything if you want to economize. Just health and their main attack type (shooting or melee), and maybe boost. If you're the one who is always getting shot down instead of your partner, then there's not much to be said there :p maybe just don't use a 3000 cost unit. Any cheaper ones you feel like you're good with?

There's a skill that reduces the damage you receive from beam attacks as well, if that will help, but those 00 units tend to be focused a little more on melee.

Perhaps some inspiration--someone S-ranking it with good ol' RX-78 (I think I did it with F91 myself): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Cs21Fxr3r4
If there's something in the video that he does that you don't understand, ask. It'll help to make you better at the game in general.

Soulhouf

Sorry to hear that :p Have you played with any of us? We could probably give you some tips to make it a little smoother. Assuming you've been using WZ since you got the game, there are some basic concepts that you probably haven't been using (like the 'Zunda'). For now I'd say move on to other missions until that's all you have left--though there is one mission in particular I found even harder than that.

You don't really need to fully max everything if you want to economize. Just health and their main attack type (shooting or melee), and maybe boost. If you're the one who is always getting shot down instead of your partner, then there's not much to be said there :p maybe just don't use a 3000 cost unit. Any cheaper ones you feel like you're good with?

There's a skill that reduces the damage you receive from beam attacks as well, if that will help, but those 00 units tend to be focused a little more on melee.

Perhaps some inspiration--someone S-ranking it with good ol' RX-78 (I think I did it with F91 myself): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Cs21Fxr3r4
If there's something in the video that he does that you don't understand, ask. It'll help to make you better at the game in general.

Yeah I tried the skill that increases the protection against beams. I was able to destroy one of the 00 Qan(T) but it was the farthest I could go.

I tried other MS but the Wing Zero is the one I'm the most familiar with.
The video you just posted is impressive but since I'm not very familiar with those 2 MS, I have no idea what he is doing. Also, how the fuck does he do to dodge all these attacks and succeed to attack the MS enemies who are constantly dodging?
There is definitly something I'm missing in this game...

And yeah no, never played with one of you or even any other human player. I put my PS ID on the google doc. So if you want to teach me one tip or two I will really appreciate it.

I still play. Well I mean I just got the game so of course I'm playing. I'm not very good, but you can add me. It's Rahxephon91 on PSN.
You need to visit the chat more!

And Soulhouf, swing on by the IRC channel @ espernet #gafgundam. We usually set up matches there with each other.

Soulhouf said:
There is definitly something I'm missing in this game...

Check out this fundamentals video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlJidOS8RIE That might help you out a bit.

JKTrix

Yeah, I was going to link him to that too. For now, pay the most attention to the two techniques shown in the first 2 minutes and 25 seconds. WZ can't do the Zunda, but it can do the momentum jump. In that S-rank video, the Gundam does the momentum jump throughout, starting right at 1:02. A good example of him doing the Zunda is at 1:25.

The benefits of the momentum jump are explained pretty well in the video, but a concept for both your defense and offense you should keep in mind at all times is your boost. Your boost gauge is more important than your life gauge. If your boost gauge runs out your life is likely to soon follow. As long as you have boost, you have options.

This applies to enemies as well. People are most vulnerable when they are landing. It doesn't always mean they're out of boost, but when you are out of boost you are forced to land and can't do anything for a moment. So if you can make someone run out of boost while they're chasing you, or you're chasing them, that is the best moment to attack. If you (or they) actually have boost available when they land, they can boost dash to negate a small fraction of the landing stun, but they still do have some landing stun. You can hit people while moving as well, but that relies more on positions and knowing how your attacks will come out.

In general, these concepts (and a lot of the things in that 'Fundamentals' video) are more useful when playing against humans. After all, you got all the way up to the Newtype difficulty without doing any of this stuff. But understanding how to use the system will really help with some of the occasionally cheap things the single player mode throws at you.

My PS3 has been dead for a while and I have no estimates on getting a new one yet :( Otherwise I would gladly help you with some of this stuff 'live'. RahXephon too.

MechaX

Yeah, Rahxephon and Soulhouf should come to the chat sometimes. GAF matches are probably going to be slightly a bit slower around this time due to the March rush, but there are often games going on (and it will most likely pick back up soon enough). Plus, people like Donkey and Shouta can give you some really good constructive advice.

Soulhouf

Check out this fundamentals video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlJidOS8RIE That might help you out a bit.

Thanks! I will check that.

And Soulhouf, swing on by the IRC channel @ espernet #gafgundam. We usually set up matches there with each other.
I wish I could use it but I can't. I tried many times... :(
Isn't there a PS3 chat room?

Yeah, I was going to link him to that too. For now, pay the most attention to the two techniques shown in the first 2 minutes and 25 seconds. WZ can't do the Zunda, but it can do the momentum jump. In that S-rank video, the Gundam does the momentum jump throughout, starting right at 1:02. A good example of him doing the Zunda is at 1:25.

The benefits of the momentum jump are explained pretty well in the video, but a concept for both your defense and offense you should keep in mind at all times is your boost. Your boost gauge is more important than your life gauge. If your boost gauge runs out your life is likely to soon follow. As long as you have boost, you have options.

This applies to enemies as well. People are most vulnerable when they are landing. It doesn't always mean they're out of boost, but when you are out of boost you are forced to land and can't do anything for a moment. So if you can make someone run out of boost while they're chasing you, or you're chasing them, that is the best moment to attack. If you (or they) actually have boost available when they land, they can boost dash to negate a small fraction of the landing stun, but they still do have some landing stun. You can hit people while moving as well, but that relies more on positions and knowing how your attacks will come out.

In general, these concepts (and a lot of the things in that 'Fundamentals' video) are more useful when playing against humans. After all, you got all the way up to the Newtype difficulty without doing any of this stuff. But understanding how to use the system will really help with some of the occasionally cheap things the single player mode throws at you.

My PS3 has been dead for a while and I have no estimates on getting a new one yet :( Otherwise I would gladly help you with some of this stuff 'live'. RahXephon too.

Thanks a lot for these explanations. Those are very obscure and threatening concepts.
Do I have the patience and time to learn this? I'll try my best...
Until this mission the game was really easy and I cleared all with ease until I hit that wall. I wish the difficulty was more progressive.

And sorry for your PS3. What model was it?

Edit: oh wow I've just discovered the training mode. At least I can finally discover my MS abilities and practice a little.
I understand better the boost now. I didn't pay attention to it until now. It's like Demon's/Dark Souls stamina right? If it runs out, you're f***d

Jubern

I wish I could use it but I can't. I tried many times... :(
Isn't there a PS3 chat room?

Why can't you exactly? If you're using Chrome, have you tried the Chrome app Mibbit?
No one uses the PS3 chat room anymore since the IRC room was set up I think...

Soulhouf

Ok, I'm getting better at this thanks to JKTrix and Donkey show. Zunda and momentum jump help a lot (yes Even WZ can do Zunda and it's awesome).

Now my problem is to get a better partner because it's rather my partner dies twice or time is up and it's over.

But thanks guys for your precious advices, that helped much.

Oh right, the lock sucks in this game. Every time I switch target the lock goes randomly, not to mention when my opponent is above me, it's a disaster because I don't see anything in that position :(

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Haven't been on due to certain things happening in my life and there is definitely a lot of games coming out this month. I'll probably be playing this game again in a month or so. Hopefully you all still play =x.

Shouta

Been slow the last week or two. Lots of other games are coming out so yeah. I'm gonna get back into the rhythm of it soon.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
I've been playing quite a bit, but my connection has been sucking real bad, so no online play for me :(

The "I Am Gundam!" mission is really awful, though I ended S ranking the first time I beat it XD
I did it with Freedom, 00 Qan[T] partner set to "Divide", and using the Cost Bar Increase skill (because it's very likely that both will die at least once).
Just focus on only one unit at a time and manage your boost very carefully.

Coopa

Neo Member
Tomorrow, on Finestko, we're going to be hold a Gundam vs Gundam Extreme vs tourney during Super Norcal Install. I'm not sure if you guys are interested, but I know Brett comes in every once in awhile and supports the scene. I was hoping you guys could help too.

www.twitch.tv/finestko

You can also check the schedule, I think, here: www.norcalinstall.com

Tomorrow, on Finestko, we're going to be hold a Gundam vs Gundam Extreme vs tourney during Super Norcal Install. I'm not sure if you guys are interested, but I know Brett comes in every once in awhile and supports the scene. I was hoping you guys could help too.

www.twitch.tv/finestko

You can also check the schedule, I think, here: www.norcalinstall.com
Although I cant make it in person, I'll definitely get the word out for the stream. :)

You guys running that dual stream rig for Gundam this time?

Atcha

hi guys,

Sorry for the long time without be amuro (or your punching ball ) :/

Ps Vita , y's seven and so on... have stolen my time .

Tomorrow , I'll be there for some matchs.

I'm in the euro Zone.

See ya !!!!

eilegz

Banned
stream for gundam great!!!!!! better than all sf x t lame boring stuff....

update: sigh got hyped and it passed already :(

Oops, I think I killed an EXVS tourney on Facebook wondering why FC is banned from the tourney while the other S ranks aren't. Can't have fun at all if someone picks FC. Derp.

Also: my brother is running daily tourneys if anyone wants in. All welcome in the spirit of helping the community level their game up. :)

Just go to #EXVStournament @ seraphimlabs on IRC if you wanna get in on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom