• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Extreme VS (PS3) |OT| >>>>>>>>>> Your Favorite Fighting Game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ezalc

00 is more popular right now, they're gonna with what's making them money.

I thought Unicorn was popular right now. Anyways, still surprised that the new AGE gundam thing hasn't shown up yet considering it's the newest anime gundam besides Unicorn. Does the protag suit have any special weapons or whatever?

Also G forever, Seed has a bunch of suits too.

I thought Unicorn was popular right now. Anyways, still surprised that the new AGE gundam thing hasn't shown up yet considering it's the newest anime gundam besides Unicorn. Does the protag suit have any special weapons or whatever?

Unicorn is popular right now, it had four suits (Unicorn, Shinaju, Kshatriya, Delta Plus).

It is strange AGE hasn't shown up at all. There are three versions of AGE-1 and two versions of AGE-2 at the moment.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Hopfully sunrise will pretend Age doesn't exist.

Ezalc

Well the only reason I haven't bought this game is partly because of Spiegel's and Char's Zaku's absence. Though when I heard about full boost I figured that they'd port it to the ps3 eventually so instead of wasting money I don't have on two versions I'd just rather wait and get the new one with all the shiny additions. So in the meanwhile I'll just be here in the sidelines waiting for my G reps and salivating/crying.

Enron

Banned
what else are you going to do with that 75 dollars? What else will be as fun?

Will food for two weeks provide you with the sweet satisfaction of landing a gerobi on an overcosted Quant? How about a full tank of gas in your car?

I think we all know the answer to this.

Haly

It also comes with free salt.

In the long run it pays for itself.

JKTrix

So Bamco announced that the One Piece Dynasty Warriors game (it has a different name) is coming out exclusively on the PSN in the US.

This is exactly what I would have liked them to do for EXVS, even if they didn't translate a lick of it!

So Bamco announced that the One Piece Dynasty Warriors game (it has a different name) is coming out exclusively on the PSN in the US.

This is exactly what I would have liked them to do for EXVS, even if they didn't translate a lick of it!
The dream is dead mang. Bamco don't care. :(

I was hoping for a US PSN port as well :( I might buckle and import now.

Ezalc

what else are you going to do with that 75 dollars? What else will be as fun?

Will food for two weeks provide you with the sweet satisfaction of landing a gerobi on an overcosted Quant? How about a full tank of gas in your car?

I think we all know the answer to this.

I don't have 75 dollars. Broke university student with no job living in an as of yet not first world country. No moneys, no gundams.

Alright GundamGAF, I buckled and picked this up at PAX.

I've been hammering away at the Trial Missions and collecting Emblems, but I get destroyed pretty hard in some online player matches (Ranked? Hah hah, maybe some day).

What's the best way to learn? It seems there's some complexity to melee combat in particular, but I feel like I just can't move as well or fast as some others, despite using the Boost Dash and Step.

JKTrix

Best way to learn really is to join our IRC channel and play with us. We might be able to pick up some things you could do better and give you some immediate feedback.

Though I use 'us' and 'we' a little loosely :(
Get on the IRC @Espernet #gafgundam where we get our games set up usually.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
We're actually playing right now. So, we can give you tips and such if you hop on IRC =)

Haly

Like Exia, Fundam rises from the ashes in the nick of time.

Jubern

This light come off as an odd request, but does anyone knows if the game's original BGM is available anywhere? Official or not. I'll take everything, but if there's track I'd really love to find, it's the one used in the gallery!

GGs guys. I don't know how much of that was me sucking or just me being rusty :/

Say, have any of you played any of the Gundam Musou games? Are they any good? I traditionally loathe the genre, but I really enjoyed Chaos Legion, go figure.

Jubern

It's your typical Musou game, for better or worse. I played the first two, not the third.

The first one kinda sucked gameplay-wise but had a very fun crossover story mode. Second one was much better but lost Japanese voices and the crossover thing was limited to very basic interaction in missions.

Third one was supposedly nice, but has only 00 and Unicorn as units for their series, with the rest being DLC. Dunno about the gameplay or crossover aspects.

It's your typical Musou game, for better or worse. I played the first two, not the third.

The first one kinda sucked gameplay-wise but had a very fun crossover story mode. Second one was much better but lost Japanese voices and the crossover thing was limited to very basic interaction in missions.

Third one was supposedly nice, but has only 00 and Unicorn as units for their series, with the rest being DLC. Dunno about the gameplay or crossover aspects.

That last part's not entirely true. In addition to the 00 Riser and Unicorn, they also put in the Reborns Gundam and Sinanju - it's a protagonist/antagonist setup for both shows, just like most of the other shows. It's true that they did add other suits to the game as DLC, though.

The main plot is a crossover, like the first game. Unfortunately, most of the dialogue is done with talking heads instead of cutscenes, but the few cutscenes that are included are passable. There are a bunch of History, themed, and 'what-if" missions as well, so I'd say that overall Gundam Musou 3 strikes a balance between the first two games when it comes to story.

And I'll add a response to your post as well, _dementia.
One of the things that I like about the Gundam Musou games is that they're a bit faster than the other games in the franchise, thanks to the fact that the suits can just boost across the fields. Gundam Musou 3, specifically, is probably one of the fastest paced Musou games, since the maps are smaller and they added catapults in certain sectors, which makes traveling to different ends of the map easier.

Also, you can cancel attacks with dashes, so you can start a chain and then tack on a dash at any point, even at the end of it (I think, not entirely sure). It's useful for reducing recovery time, moving away from enemy swarms or starting up another chain, and as long as you don't overheat you'll usually be able to keep moving.

There's other stuff to the series, but off the top of my head I can't think of anything else.

And on a personal note, I feel better about the move to Gaming Community. I wanted to post in the thread more often, but I felt cagey about when it would be moved; I didn't want to be the guy who got the thread moved, if that makes any sense.

Soulhouf

I hope I will be available tonight 20-22 PM (GMT+2) to fight with you guys.
Las night I saw Donkey Show playing but it was too late for me.

My PSN id: Soulhouf

I booted up GvG Next on impulse last night and it kind of made me sad because Altron Gundam EW and Gundam Spiegel would have looked really cool in EXVS's engine.

Kyouji

Haman Discharged... she smells nice
Gentlemen, GAFdam lives on. We just had two nights in a row of late night East Coast Fundam. Our West Coast and worldwide buddies are welcome to join us too; the IRC channel is #gafgundam on EsperNet, and makes things easier to organise instead of the shitty PSN chat. Come in and say hello, but don't worry if we're all AFK, haha.

Good games to Mecha, Kincaido, Lostconfused, and Enron these last two nights! Nu will rise again.

Come back, Donkey! KyouG still loves ya!

Gentlemen, GAFdam lives on. We just had two nights in a row of late night East Coast Fundam. Our West Coast and worldwide buddies are welcome to join us too; the IRC channel is #gafgundam on EsperNet, and makes things easier to organise instead of the shitty PSN chat. Come in and say hello, but don't worry if we're all AFK, haha.

Good games to Mecha, Kincaido, Lostconfused, and Enron these last two nights! Nu will rise again.

Come back, Donkey! KyouG still loves ya!
Fundam has returned in full strength...

With the help of KYOJIIIIIIIII!!!

Edit: hot damn, we in community again!

Shouta

Oh man, I wasn't reading the Full Boost wiki boards too closely recently but I looked today and saw a Why is FB a failure?" thread on there. It's 3000 posts spread across 4 threads. Interesting to say the least.

Shouta

A bunch of things. Some folks are were talking about their Arcades being empty at times where'd it be full normally, in places where they had quite a few machines. Seems a few others were agreeing. Thread then went off in a few tangents about reasons why from the game not feeling fresh, player manners, mechanics, balance etc. Some of it is interesting and a fair amount of it is usual internet stupidity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom