• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Extreme VS (PS3) |OT| >>>>>>>>>> Your Favorite Fighting Game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JKTrix

You guys might be interested to know that Kid Icarus swiped Gundam's cost system in its online mode. Guys in that thread seem to like its originality.

True, I guess >.>
Still, I thought the whole community died. So, will you guys game tonight?

March was a rough month with all the new games, but there's still a good amount of people playing outside of GAF as well.

I have to prep for moving tomorrow, so I'll probably be out. I wouldn't be surprised if some people played tonight, though.

Soulhouf

What the hell. After about 3 weeks of failing to beat the trial mission "I Am Gundam!" with the Wing Gundam Zero, I've just beat it a couple of minutes ago with the original Gundam (Amuro) in my first try and got the S rank as well. Finally.
FUCK, if only I knew...
Ok Wing Gundam, you suck so much. Farewell.

Sorry for this angry message. I was so frustrated because of this mission -_-

What the hell. After about 3 weeks of failing to beat the trial mission "I Am Gundam!" with the Wing Gundam Zero, I've just beat it a couple of minutes ago with the original Gundam (Amuro) in my first try and got the S rank as well. Finally.
FUCK, if only I knew...

LOL, at least you finally got it. I might stream tonight if I get everything set up at my new place in a bit. Wanna put the new Internet through it's paces. :)

Just ordered this game off ebay. Should be arriving in a few days. I've already watched all the tutorial vids, and I have Gundam vs Gundam NEXT Plus on PSP, so is there any training I can do before I get EXVS?

Just ordered this game off ebay. Should be arriving in a few days. I've already watched all the tutorial vids, and I have Gundam vs Gundam NEXT Plus on PSP, so is there any training I can do before I get EXVS?

Probably best to just wait until EXVS comes in since some habits from Next Plus can be a detriment to how you play in EXVS due to gameplay changes.

Soulhouf

LOL. We've been regularly playing here and there. Get on the IRC @Espernet #gafgundam where we get our games set up usually.

Do I have to let the channel active 24h a day to have a chance to catch you guys when you do this? :(
Isn't there a better way to meet? Yes I'm a gamer since the 80s and still I'm not very familiar with this IRC thing though... [/shame]

Do I have to let the channel active 24h a day to have a chance to catch you guys when you do this? :(
Isn't there a better way to meet? Yes I'm a gamer since the 80s and still I'm not very familiar with this IRC thing though... [/shame]

No excuses, I'm from the 80s as well and have managed to use technology to my advantage! :p

Actually, a good time of reference would be from 2PM PST - 12AM PST to check out the chat room, which is when I usually start playing. It's generally low activity outside of that time.

TBH, this has actually been the best way to set up matches since we started.

Done school, maybe I'll play now?! Return to the Universe.

HarryOrd2.jpg

Soulhouf

No excuses, I'm from the 80s as well and have managed to use technology to my advantage! :p

Actually, a good time of reference would be from 2PM PST - 12AM PST to check out the chat room, which is when I usually start playing. It's generally low activity outside of that time.

TBH, this has actually been the best way to set up matches since we started.

It's no excuse, it's another reason to punch me.

Your timing must be something like 12AM GMT+2. I can play between 8-10 PM GMT+2 outside weekends. After that it's Dark Souls time. So it's dead for me I guess, at least outside the weekends.

I will try to use IRC during the weekend even if it's a pain in the ass to me.

It's no excuse, it's another reason to punch me.

Your timing must be something like 12AM GMT+2. I can play between 8-10 PM GMT+2 outside weekends. After that it's Dark Souls time. So it's dead for me I guess, at least outside the weekends.

I will try to use IRC during the weekend even if it's a pain in the ass to me.

I'm in the UK, so I'll generally run from 10PM - 3AM GMT depending on what is happening each day.

And IRC isn't hard really. Just use mibbit webchat and BAM, you're on.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
GG's folks. Glad to see some people are enjoying F91 now =). Yeah, Blue Destiny is really fun. One of my favorites to play even if I'm not that good with it.

BD1 is hot, very pace-orientated though but once you get it, he's pretty mean.
Been watching this dude def_ender's BD1 vids on twitch and he's definitely rocking that tempo I'm trying to emulate. He isn't the #2 BD1 player for nothing, lol.

Gat so hard, that shit cray.

Ezalc

So as the eternal fence sitter on this game. How probable is it that Full Boost will become a full new release instead of just a bunch of DLC or something like that?

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
So as the eternal fence sitter on this game. How probable is it that Full Boost will become a full new release instead of just a bunch of DLC or something like that?

It will probably happen 12+ months from now.

I was randomly searching through some threads and came up on the old EXVS announcement thread for the arcades: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=21086656#post21086656

The convo about PS3 porting was hilarious in hindsight...

Eh, I bet we'll see a PS3 port in late 2011/early 2012.

It's been a year and two months since GvG Next (two years, two months since GvG vanilla) was released in arcades and no PS2 port has been announced yet despite it running on PS2 hardware. I think it's safe to say now that the game is never getting a console port.

The odds are EVEN LOWER of seeing a VS Extreme PS3 port. You're saying less than 1 year and 3 months after the arcade version, we'll see a perfect PS3 port? It will take most arcades at least one year to make a return on investment, so in a best-case scenario, in late 2012 or early 2013 a console port might happen (but still probably not).

I'm not trying to get your spirits down, but at this point any hopes of a console port are blind optimism.

The reason GvG and GvG Next didn't get console ports is because the PS2 has been a DEAD system in Japan for a good 3+ years now.
The combination of PSP being the most popular multiplayer system in Japan for the last 3 years along with GvG just not being graphically impressive enough to sell on PS3/X360 is why both games got PSP ports.

This will be on PS3 by the end of next year. Not even a question. Not porting after they get their initial year of arcade sales just means they lose money. Any major Japanese arcade game gets a home port at this point to take advantage of extra sales.

Wanna take a ban bet on that? =p

Shoulda taken that ban bet, Bebpo.

Also, anyone here think they can find the original source of this art?

leaked_gundam_extreme_vs_full_boost_pamphlet.jpg

Many thanks if y'all find it. I've had no luck so far. :(

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
FUCK, if only I knew...

Congratz on beating that shitty mission :D

Speaking of trial mode, I finally cleared all the missions by beating "Vs Gundam (2)" (bless the Beam Magz), and now the only emblem I haven't got yet is the one in the Red Comet mission... Any tips on S-ranking that? I keep getting A no matter what I do :/

I believe this is a new trailer of Full Boost. Apologies if old.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm17387531

Dat F91 EX Burst Attack.
Hawt.
the song? not so much

Full Boost is a year away at best, so buy this one :D

Also, anyone here think they can find the original source of this art?

leaked_gundam_extreme_vs_full_boost_pamphlet.jpg

Many thanks if y'all find it. I've had no luck so far. :(
Neat.
It does have too many SEED people though :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom