• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Extreme VS (PS3) |OT| >>>>>>>>>> Your Favorite Fighting Game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JKTrix

I actually just got accepted into a summer internship program, so with Bermuda Prices I may be back in PS3 land by September (lol)

Seriously though, this is in the top 3 games I most miss playing on my consoles. I loaned it to a friend back in February but I still doubt he's touched it. Hope he hasn't lost it.

ibosVTByvc1IZw.jpg

"Mission complete."

Haly likes getting blown up in EXVS. :3

Guys, this thread and the full boost thread have inspired me to buy this game, and I got a few questions:

If I buy the korean version, does the korean PSN DLC price conversion end up being more/less than any other region?

Enron

Banned
Guys, this thread and the full boost thread have inspired me to buy this game, and I got a few questions:

If I buy the korean version, does the korean PSN DLC price conversion end up being more/less than any other region?

Also, which control scheme ends up being better for the game? Arcade stick or just the regular PS3 pad?

Korean, japanese version...doesn't matter. You can get the dlc off the jp psn store. I bought the "rest of asia" version of the game, and the jp dlc worked for me.

Finally picked up a copy. Havent really played since Fed vs Zeon on Dreamcast. I tried Zeta on PS2 and thought it was shit (not sure what the general consensus is about it). But after playing the piss poor ACE on PS3 and my love for all things Gotcha Force , I'm ready to boost in and be a professional scrub.

Finally picked up a copy. Havent really played since Fed vs Zeon on Dreamcast. I tried Zeta on PS2 and thought it was shit (not sure what the general consensus is about it). But after playing the piss poor ACE on PS3 and my love for all things Gotcha Force , I'm ready to boost in and be a professional scrub.

Welcome! Jump in on the IRC #gafgundam @ espernet. We usually run games around 6-7 PM EST.

Jubern

This is kind of incredible, I really didn't expected it. Set-up is going to be a bitch I guess, good of them to do it nonetheless.

Shouta

I think dakanya said we're short monitors which is the issue right now. I'm bringing my PS3 for an additional setup if they can get another few monitors. Having 8 setups for a full room would be perfect.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Donate some monitors enron, it's for a good cause.

Haly

I'll take you up on that, I will change my avatar to match your charitable donations to EVO EXVS.

Got a copy of the game. Loving it so far. Cant believe I wasted an hour playing with a controller. LOL As soon as I switched to an arcade stick the controls really clicked.

What units are recommended for someone entirely new to the series?

Haly

RX-78 will give you a good idea of what suits in this game can do since it has a little bit of everything. Another way is just to pick your favorite suit from your favorite show and run with it.

Funny thing is that I never really got into the series. No particular reason though but now im about to since I see that I can run the episodes on my ps3 via play-on with the crunchy roll plugin. Apparently they have a native app for PS3 coming this summer and a vita app this fall.

I was using the F91 and but ill give that one a shot. Is there a difference in the way the language is displayed in the japanese vs asian versions or is it identical?

Funny thing is that I never really got into the series. No particular reason though but now im about to since I see that I can run the episodes on my ps3 via play-on with the crunchy roll plugin. Apparently they have a native app for PS3 coming this summer and a vita app this fall.

I was using the F91 and but ill give that one a shot. Is there a difference in the way the language is displayed in the japanese vs asian versions or is it identical?

F91 is pretty vanilla as well. Good speed and options, but low health. As for the difference between the JP and Asian versions, no. It's not that hard to get around really.

Shingin

Here's the results from the evo tournament.

Results (Name, Players, Suit Comps):

1: Our Swords Combine (Tenkai, Brett) (Master/Susanoo, Master/Forbidden)
2: Merc-a-lot (Peter, Brian) (Qant/God, Freedom/God, Freedom/Turn-X)
3: Manz (Tim, Calvin) (Tallgeese/Infinite Justice, Sazabi/RX-78)
4: laughing raven (YAT, dakanya) (V2/Heavyarms, Blue Destiny/Turn-X, Tallgeese/Turn-X)
5: Cosmic Bulgoogi (Myung, Munsu) (Hi-v/Gunner Zaku)
5: nameless (zack, ThePhantomnaut) (Cherudim/Tank, Z/Tank)
7: paper & plastic (Wild7, Jon) (Zaku Kai/Sazabi)
7: NeoGAF (Shouta, Shingin) (DX/Delta Plus, Sinanju/Delta Plus)
9: ryuugu komachi (kozu, Blue Link) (Full Cloth/ZZ, Full Cloth/Blue Frame)
9: Mobile Riders (Diego, Jose) (RX-78/Raphael)
9: The Braves (Joel, Reyn) (Puru/Sazabi)
9: The '90's (Tallgeese/God, Tallgeese/RX-78)
13: William (???/???)
13: The Specials (Jeff, Avi) (Unicorn/Arche)
13: Outer Heaven (Alex, Smiley) (Tallgeese/Ez-8)
13: Vanilla Brown (Gunner Zaku/Alex, Gunner Zaku/Zaku Kai)

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?14154-Gundam-EXVS-side-tournament-at-EVO2k12/page5

shoutouts to shouta for being a cool dude and letting me partner up with him for the tournament.

Shouta

I actually really wished that Marvel guy wasn't all up on me in our last match. I'm not sure anyone noticed but he was actually close enough to literally breath down my neck.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
So I've been experimenting with a lot of suits (being new to the game, the sheer number of units available is a bit overwhelming at first) and I've come up with a list of a few early favorites:

Berga Giros - I never would have expected a 1000 point suit to be my absolute favorite (so far), but Berga Giros is just so much fun to use. Its stun move is great and leaves the opponent open to several things (my favorite being a dash forward + missiles into melee). Just love using it.

Sinanju - I love how versatile Sinanju is, with separate ranged and melee modes. And his rolling bazooka shot move is just fun to do.

God Gundam - Goddamn Domon, why you so awesome? Stun, melee, stun, melee, stun, melee. Just a shame that Sekiha Tenkyouken isn't that useful, and Love Love is completely useless.

Gunner Zaku - Lunamaria's MS is fun to use, but I seem to have a bad habit of hitting my partner with charged beams a little bit too much. :lol

RX-78 - Pretty much the Ryu of the game, best I can tell, RX-78 is pretty average, but versatile and fun to use. Final Shooting is a cool EX move, too.

Gold Sumo - I only recently started playing around with Gold Sumo, but I really like how wide of a range its stun move has, and I just like it in general I guess. Still need to put in more time with it though.

My friend who's been playing co-op with me really seems to like Susano'o, LaGOWE, Unicorn, and Qubeley.

So I've been experimenting with a lot of suits (being new to the game, the sheer number of units available is a bit overwhelming at first) and I've come up with a list of a few early favorites:

Berga Giros - I never would have expected a 1000 point suit to be my absolute favorite (so far), but Berga Giros is just so much fun to use. Its stun move is great and leaves the opponent open to several things (my favorite being a dash forward + missiles into melee). Just love using it.

God Gundam - Goddamn Domon, why you so awesome? Stun, melee, stun, melee, stun, melee. Just a shame that Sekiha Tenkyouken isn't that useful, and Love Love is completely useless.

Gold Sumo - I only recently started playing around with Gold Sumo, but I really like how wide of a range its stun move has, and I just like it in general I guess. Still need to put in more time with it though.

My friend who's been playing co-op with me really seems to like Susano'o, LaGOWE, Unicorn, and Qubeley.
This guy - this fellah right here. I knew I had a good feeling about you!
If you ever want to start using 3k units, I second Donkey's recommendation of Master Gundam. His melee chains are really fun once you get a hang of them.

Literally every random is playing quant, FC, V2, or Unicorn.

Really? It's weird, I've seen plenty of randoms use all the suits you mentioned except the V2. Maybe I'm just lucky enough to avoid them when I play by myself - V2 vs V2 is one of the more awkward matchups I've dealt with, especially when one or both players are hell-bent on hitting the melee version of Wings of Light as many times as possible.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Gunner Zaku is <3. Hitting your partner with it is almost unavoidable, so just think if it as helping them get meter =p

Just got the game and I've been playing split screen co-op with my brother. I am getting smaaashed in the face. Basically switching between Strike and Hyaku Shiki to get a feel for the game, and I can kinda play on a basic level. Lots of dodging and counterattacking on my end

Any general tips to start off? I don't really know where to start to try and get decent.

Just got the game and I've been playing split screen co-op with my brother. I am getting smaaashed in the face. Basically switching between Strike and Hyaku Shiki to get a feel for the game, and I can kinda play on a basic level. Lots of dodging and counterattacking on my end

Any general tips to start off? I don't really know where to start to try and get decent.

Here's a basic tutorial if you haven't seen it already:

Part 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_WBWA7BgkA
Part 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7DqH3G5Hyc
Part 3 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QZfqaiMsqk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom