• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Extreme VS (PS3) |OT| >>>>>>>>>> Your Favorite Fighting Game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JKTrix

PSN isn't letting me sign in :/ not taking my old save data for this either, but maybe that'll be fixed once i can sign in.

Either way, don't mind doing all those challenges again!

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Just dropping by to say hi. I picked up this game kind of on a whim (you're dead meat Enron!) while on vacation shopping in NYC at VGNY. Will be giving it a whirl when I get back to my place later this week.

I heard theres a pretty good youtube video beginner guide but I have no idea where it is as its neither in the op or in the irc topic?

Jubern

I finally got a TV, and after a test I have a decent connexion where I live (4 bars out of 6). The joy of ranked matchs with Japanese people who won't kick me out anymore are upon me woohoo

I miss the stick terribly though.

Enron

Banned
I finally got a TV, and after a test I have a decent connexion where I live (4 bars out of 6). The joy of ranked matchs with Japanese people who won't kick me out anymore are upon me woohoo

I miss the stick terribly though.

Good thing you live in japan, right? LAND OF THE STICK

Jubern

Haha you're right. I just don't have the money right now. The move has cost me an ungodly amount of money, so I have other priorities. I *have* seen mini-sticks for less than 3000 yens at the game shop near my place though. I might bite if I can't find any info about it.

Jubern

That's the one o_o

Very kind of you donkey! Looks like a perfect match for what I need.

Hopefully I can up my level against japanese players. Currently stuck at 19,35% in Full Boost, 6 victories in 31 games. Ouch...

Beckx

Hey all - picked this game up a few weeks ago and am loving it. OT is amazing. Hopefully will get the chance to play
get totally destroyed
with some of you.

Hey all - picked this game up a few weeks ago and am loving it. OT is amazing. Hopefully will get the chance to play
get totally destroyed
with some of you.
Welcome and glad you like it! :)

Most of Gundam GAF hangs out and sets up games on IRC (#gafgundam @ Espernet).

Hope to catch you soon!

Beckx

Thanks! Once I get comfortable with the game I'll try to check out the IRC group to get some matches.

---------

Edit: so I spent some time getting better acquainted with the systems. Why is HeavyArms rated so poorly in the tier lists? I'm biased in Trowa's favor, I suppose, but I did better with that suit than many of the ones above it (Tallgeese III doesn't click for me at all, though man I wish the original Tallgeese was in this game). NuGundam is my favorite all-time suit, but I'm just terrible with it in the game, if anything's moving I can't hit it with the beam rifle to save my life.

Any good basic strategy tips (what to try, what to watch out for)?

Any good basic strategy tips (what to try, what to watch out for)?
Well depending on how well you get the mechanics now, give that second video Jubern posted earlier in this page a go. It gives tips on several techniques that definitely help.

As of now, is there anything in particular you are having trouble with?

Enron

Banned
I think everyone who has posted about getting this game/getting back into this game on the last couple of pages should hop on the IRC so we can actually get some games going. Been thin on Gundam the last few weeks. *grumble*

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I think everyone who has posted about getting this game/getting back into this game on the last couple of pages should hop on the IRC so we can actually get some games going. Been thin on Gundam the last few weeks. *grumble*

I've been busy with other games, myself. Definitely need to get back on the Gundam, though. Really enjoyed using F91 last time, and I promise I won't exclusively target you anymore! :3

Don't worry. We haven't really played online much for 6+ months either.

You'll do fine!

ed-lover-cmonson.jpg

Jubern

The new navigator event for FB is so rigged it's not even funny.

It's Haman vs Lacus. For the first few days, Haman was barely winning, 51 to 49, with both girls having a GP multiplier of 1.5 for their supporters. Then they decided to lower Haman to 1.1 and up Lacus to 2.0 (!). Two days left, and Lacus is winning by 61 to 39, with odds reajusted to 1.1 for Lacus and only 1.5 for Haman.

Fuck me :((((

At least I have Dianna-sama.
And yes, I've been getting a lot better, despite not having the occasion to play in arcades that much!

Beckx

Well depending on how well you get the mechanics now, give that second video Jubern posted earlier in this page a go. It gives tips on several techniques that definitely help.

As of now, is there anything in particular you are having trouble with?

Not so much having trouble as just working through the basic strategies.

Is there a night that you all generally play online? My schedule is just terrible but if there's a good night to look for people I'd like to try a few matches.

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
I'm new to this thread and GXVs as well but my psn is Travaughn if anyone wants to play just lemme know and indicate you're from gaf

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
Also is it possible to just have 1-on-1 battles online with no cpu units? I definitely think Bandai should have put in 4player as opposed to 2 manned units and 2 ai units but oh well.

Shouta

If you both set the AI to avoid they won't fight at all and you'll be able to do 1v1. The game is built for 2v2 though so sometimes individual unit matches aren't quite as fair.

JKTrix

I bought a new Xbox yesterday, the Star Wars Kinect bundle. The gold controller is freaking sexy. I have a gold Wiimote as well, and now I want a gold DualShock.

Then I might main Hyaku Shiki.

manfestival

its been a hot minute since I played this game but can anyone give me any advice on how to use grenades effectively? I freaking love the zaku I just seem to toss them out and just hope it will hit something(95% of the time it wont).

I used to play this with a buddy of mine from irc but I played ez8 and heavy arms custom all the time. Like a boss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom