• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Extreme VS (PS3) |OT| >>>>>>>>>> Your Favorite Fighting Game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
The Cheru is also really impressive (to a noob Cheru).

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Does anyone know what kind of magic do I have to do in order to unlock 5-F EX?
It's driving me crazy :(

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Pretty much for all of arcade you should set your partner to do nothing using the last AI command and not die to maximize points. If you die once you might as well throw yourself at the enemy and continue to try again. That's how I unlocked all the routes.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Pretty much for all of arcade you should set your partner to do nothing using the last AI command and not die to maximize points. If you die once you might as well throw yourself at the enemy and continue to try again. That's how I unlocked all the routes.

I'm in the same boat!

@Kincaido: thanks for the tip. I will try that.
It finally unlocked! For some reason it needed a gold in 4-E (I had silver in that and the EX, and gold in 5-E and EX).
Anyway, almost done, only 7-F EX left :D

X05

Now that you mention it, although my PSNID is in the spreadsheet in the OP, I actually don't have any of you :(

I yet have to play online at least once, I was kinda turned off by my somewhat apathetic connection. I'm open to test if it's that bad though :p

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
We've played with the worst connections known to man, don't worry about it too much.

X05

We've played with the worse connections known to man, don't worry about it too much.
Cool :D

I'll be in #gafgundam then! (PSNID: X05Atun)

Shouta

We've played with the worse connections known to man, don't worry about it too much.

Yep, we play to get better but more importantly, we play for fun. You'd have to be a real snob not to enjoy the game even if it's a red connection, unless it's frame drops and pure molasses lol.

X05

Yep, we play to get better but more importantly, we play for fun. You'd have to be a real snob not to enjoy the game even if it's a red connection, unless it's frame drops and pure molasses lol.
True true.
Will test some random matches later.

X05

Some great games yesterday :D

The lag was notably better than I expected, still made some suits really hard to use :p

PS3 blu-ray drive is dead, and I'm hoping to get a replacement soon (like within the next week or two). When I do I'd like to get back into EXVS but with the understanding that I really do suck at it. With practice, maybe I can work my way up to being mediocre. What stopped me from playing for awhile was a really shitty experience with a certain condescending douchebag Gamefaqs user. Made the the thing completely unfun. But GundamGAF was fine, so I would like to come back.

PS3 blu-ray drive is dead, and I'm hoping to get a replacement soon (like within the next week or two). When I do I'd like to get back into EXVS but with the understanding that I really do suck at it. With practice, maybe I can work my way up to being mediocre. What stopped me from playing for awhile was a really shitty experience with a certain condescending douchebag Gamefaqs user. Made the the thing completely unfun. But GundamGAF was fine, so I would like to come back.

And that's why you stick with us. :p

Sucks dude. Hope it gets fixed soon! Gundam GAF has been rather active the past few weeks as well so get on in when you get a chance. :)

And that's why you stick with us. :p

Sucks dude. Hope it gets fixed soon! Gundam GAF has been rather active the past few weeks as well so get on in when you get a chance. :)

Yep, lesson learned :p. But thanks, you guys were always cool even in spite of my absence of skill. On the bright side I have FIOS now so hopefully that means a better connection. I'm a bit tempted to hold out for the alleged new PS3 slims, but I'm not sure I'll want to wait that long.

Anywho, if anyone wants to know what an epic losing streak feels like (think I had a 20+ at one point) then be sure to team up with me when I get back :p

Jubern

Is there anyone here who actually registered for the arcade version in Japan? Shouta, maybe?

I actually have a question, since I'm moving to Japan next month and will likely play the shit out of FB.
I'm thinking of just paying the 300 or so yen monthly fee so I can access all the "privileges" like custom UI, navi and whatnot. I looked it up, registered my BanaPass and checked how I could play: there are various prepaid solutions so it shouldn't be a problem.
But I just checked the vsmobile.jp on my iPhone and it looks like a lot of that shit isn't actually free and asks that you buy them separately from your monthly fee o_O

Thing is, my BanaPass is registered on the site but since I (obviously) haven't paid anything yet I can't see any of the content to check exactly what's free or not.
Thus the question: Does the 300 yen fee actually gives you *something* or do you have to buy separately EVERY custom option?

Thanks to the two people and half who might or might not be able to answer this question.

Jubern

Maybe they did, it definitely talks about buying gauge designs, battle music, etc. (「購入」) and also "contract" a navigator (「契約」)...
But if the EXVS had everything for free like you said, I suppose FB must have something decent to start with! I'll bite.

Thanks for answering.

Shouta

Those page designs and stuff were bought with points you earned playing the game in EXVS so it may be that and not actually money.

They better announce a release date for the console port of Full Boost at TGS. And it better be before the year's end! I need new suits to play, I've been reduced to playing Gunner Zaku. That thing literally takes no effort, just slap buttons and things somehow life bars go down.

Enron

Banned
They better announce a release date for the console port of Full Boost at TGS. And it better be before the year's end! I need new suits to play, I've been reduced to playing Gunner Zaku. That thing literally takes no effort, just slap buttons and things somehow life bars go down.

They'll announce it, and the release date will be.....1 year from now. Embrace the Luna future.

JKTrix

I might for a little while, but I haven't upgraded my internet and I have army tonight. Tomorrow though, mos' def.

Even with my internet upgraded though, I don't know how well it will run (I was in the US when I last played with you all, been in Bermuda for 8 months now).

MechaX

Holy shit JKTrix is finally able to return to Gundam?

Tomorrow is one of my worst days schedule wise, but I'll see if I can get on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom