• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Extreme VS (PS3) |OT| >>>>>>>>>> Your Favorite Fighting Game!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you guys recommend this game to someone who knows absolutely nothing about Gundam? I've seen this game mentioned a lot and everyone seems to love it. I've watched some videos and the gameplay looks very fun, but I'm afraid I'll lose interest in it if I don't know the backstory (especially since the game's in Japanese).

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Although it's definitely a fanservice-y game, the gameplay stands on its own merits and doesn't really hinge on the Gundam aesthetic. If you like fighting games with non-traditional systems then you will probably enjoy EXVS.

And hey who knows, you might get into Gundam from EXVS!

Would you guys recommend this game to someone who knows absolutely nothing about Gundam? I've seen this game mentioned a lot and everyone seems to love it. I've watched some videos and the gameplay looks very fun, but I'm afraid I'll lose interest in it if I don't know the backstory (especially since the game's in Japanese).
Yeah, there's actually a lot of people who aren't into Gundam that play this game. Just know that the combat designers from SF III third strike and MVC2 worked on the gameplay design of EXVS.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
I know nothing about Gundam and like the game a lot. I like mechs though ~

Also GP03 is okay. Ended up getting the other DLC pack though I think I only enjoy The O from all of them.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Arche is pretty cool I guess just don't like actually using it. And Freedom I had already.

┐(´ー`)┌ !!!!!

Although it's definitely a fanservice-y game, the gameplay stands on its own merits and doesn't really hinge on the Gundam aesthetic. If you like fighting games with non-traditional systems then you will probably enjoy EXVS.

And hey who knows, you might get into Gundam from EXVS!

Yeah, there's actually a lot of people who aren't into Gundam that play this game. Just know that the combat designers from SF III third strike and MVC2 worked on the gameplay design of EXVS.

Thanks for the answers, I guess I'll try it out if I can find it online for cheap. Looks like a great co-op game. Maybe I'll check out Gundam first, although I'm not really into giant robot anime.

Cross post from "OT2," lol.

So it seems like a 2ch member and a Chinese guy found coding for the rest of the EXVS DLC suits. It's pretty much a partial version of the pic that got released including the Zaku III. A GameFAQs member compiled the sources in this topic. Seems like it'll be Strike Noir, Gold Frame, Zaku III, Arios, and there is a blank spot for Age-1.

So Strike Noir and Gold Frame are pretty much confirmed. That's good because finally, some of my favorite mobile suits in Gundam are actually going to be playable here. All I need is the Banshee in FB one day and I'll never actually switch from Strike Noir and Banshee.

And they better offer Age-1 for free, because I'm not going to pay for it. People are better off giving their money to Arios so Allelujah can crawl out of his "the Quatre/Gundam Sandrock of the 00 team" infamy.

Yay!

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Cool, Strike Noir is fun. Is Arios in FB? Don't know enough about Gundam to know if I recognize that suit or not , _ ,

Cool, Strike Noir is fun. Is Arios in FB? Don't know enough about Gundam to know if I recognize that suit or not , _ ,

Arios was going to be in FB according to the FB main page...

d1HTM.jpg

All those units will be in vanilla aside from Rozen Zulu and Wing Zero.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Cross post from "OT2," lol.

Yay!
Awesome, love me some Strike Noir :D

Having all this DLC a year later does make me wonder if we'll end up getting FB in 2014 rather than 2013...

Updated the tier list. http://jbbs.livedoor.jp/bbs/read.cgi/game/50741/1319990233/

S Qan[T], Full Cloth Crossbone
A Destiny, Strike Freedom > Master
B v > Turn-X, Unicorn, V2, hi-v, DX, Xi
C 00 > Wing, Turn-A

S Infinite Justice, Tallgeese
A The O > Zeta
B Freedom, Crossbone X1
C Deathscythe, God Gundam, Cherudim, Gottrlatan > Arche, ZZ, Sazabi, Sinanju, GP03
D X2, Raphael, Qubeley, Kshatriya

S -none-
A Char Gelgoog
B Forbidden, Dragon Susanoo > Heavyarms, Blue Destiny
C Hyaku Shiki Virsago, Gundam, Gold Sumo, Strike, Delta, F91, Hyaku Shiki Zeong > Messala, Dynames, Blue Frame, Gunner, Red Frame, Providence, Exia
D GP02 > GP01

S Zaku2 Hildolfr
A -none-
B LaGOWE, Gouf
C Berga Ez8 > ACGuy Zuda Alex Red Qubeley,
D GunEZ

Looks like they might be coming up with a revised one soon. Might see some shifting.

http://jbbs.livedoor.jp/bbs/read.cgi/game/50741/1319990233/302

S Quanta, FC
A Destiny, Strike Freedom, Master > Xi, Nu, Turn X
B Hi-Nu, V2 > Unicorn, DX
C 00 > Wing, Turn A

S Tallgeese > IJ, The O
A None
B Freedom, Zeta, GP03 > X1, God
C Cherudim, Deathscythe, Gottrlatan > Arche, ZZ, Sazabi, Sinanju
D Raphael > X2, Quebeley, Kshatriya

S None
A None > Gelgoog
B Zeong, Heavyarms > Forbidden, Susanoo, Dragon, Blue Destiny, Messala
C Delta Plus, Hyakushiki, Blue Frame, RX-78-02 > Dynames, Strike, F91, Sumo, Gunner Zaku
D Red Frame, Exia, Providence > GP02, GP01

S Zaku II, Hildolfr
A None
B Gouf, LaGOWE > Ez8
C Berga Giros > Acguy, Zudah
D Alex, Quebeley MkII > GunEZ

New list from the third. :)

New tier list from the 20th with Arios and Strike Noir. I'm guessing Arios is low because of its damage output and health.

http://jbbs.livedoor.jp/bbs/read.cgi/game/50741/1319990233/990

S Quanta, FC > Strike Freedom, Destiny
A Master, Xi
B Nu, Turn X > Hi-Nu, V2, Unicorn, DX
C 00 > Wing, Turn A

S Tallgeese, Infinite Justice > The O
A None
B Freedom, Strike Noir, Zeta, > GP03, X1
C Cherudim, Deathscythe, God, Gottrlatan > Arche, ZZ, Sazabi, Sinanju
D Raphael > X2, Quebeley, Kshatriya

S None
A Gelgoog
B Forbidden, Susanoo, Dragon, Zeong > Heavyarms, Blue Destiny, Messala
C Messala, Delta Plus, Blue Frame, RX-78-02, Strike, F91, Sumo > Hyakushiki, Dynames, Gunner Zaku, Red Frame, Exia, Providence
D GP02 > GP01

S Zaku II, Hildolfr
A None
B Gouf, LaGOWE
C Berga Giros, Arios > Ez8, Acguy, Zudah, Alex, Quebeley MkII
D GunEZ

Celestial

Banned
Sorry for bumping this thread guys but is anyone in here still playing the game?It is one of my favorites PS3 games and i am 90 hours in the game.I'am missing 2 trophies for the platinum hope to get them soon!

AZUMIKE

Question...how does IRC work?? I'm always hearing about this, but I never quite understood the basics. Is it a chat room?

Soulhouf

Just use the webclient here: http://client01.chat.mibbit.com/

From there on the dropdown menu, select Esper. In the nickname section, obviously whatever you want to be known as. And for the room, type in #gafgundam.

It's basically a chatroom, but that should get you started!

Ha, thanks!
That makes things much easier to me because I never understood how that stupid IRC works and never saves my parameters (server, room, nickname...) which is irretating and all but convenient.

Bombless

So, thanks to this thread I discovered this gem. This game is pretty much everything I've ever wanted in a mecha game....and choke full of Gundam goodness.

Having only seen Seed and Seed Destiny it sure makes me want to check other series out, some of them Gundams seem pretty whack hah!

Question about the DLCs : What do you think of them? Also I guess I'll need a Japanese PSN account to buy them?

So, thanks to this thread I discovered this gem. This game is pretty much everything I've ever wanted in a mecha game....and choke full of Gundam goodness.

Having only seen Seed and Seed Destiny it sure makes me want to check other series out, some of them Gundams seem pretty whack hah!

Question about the DLCs : What do you think of them?

I think the DLC suits are all quite good. There's a nice mix of unit types, and they're all pretty fun to mess around with.

Also I guess I'll need a Japanese PSN account to buy them?
You can use either a TW/HK PSN account or a Japanese PSN account; most people would recommend making a Japanese PSN account because it's easier to buy points for that storefront. Also, keep in mind that DLC bought from both of these storefronts will work with either version of the game.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
This reminded me that I still haven't bought the latest suits... and that I haven't played online since forever...

X05

Well, not sure anyone was expecting a second wave of DLC, so who knows...

Speaking of DLC, I got almost all of the suits yesterday (had only bought Freedom and Throne previously), really liked a few of them like the Blue Destiny and Strike Noir, and the Arios seems pretty terrible.
Also, the Gold Frame has a rating of 2 stars :lol (but only 2 votes, and seemed like a fun unit to me).

Enron

Banned
Arios is god-tier. If you think it's terrible, you are doing it wrong.

MARIMARIMARIMARIMARIMARIMARIMARIMARIMARIMARIMARIMARIMARIMARIMARIMARIMARIMARIMARIMARIMARIMARIMARIMARIMARIMARIMARIMARIMARIMARIMARIMARIMARIMARIMARIMARIMARIMARIMARIMARI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom