• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HALF OF IGN READERS WANT A NEXT-GEN CONSOLE FROM SONY THE MOST

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
Wow... What a totally great poll that isn’t pointless or biased at all.

Know what this showed me? More people like Xbox than you may think. I mean, Sony are already geared up with all this PS5 news, and Xbox hasn’t said a word yet, and yet they only JUST lost.

This is Hilary and Trump all over again, but I won’t tell you which one I think Sony is haha.

Barnabot

IT JUST FEELS RIGHT, LIKE DEW ON A SUMMER MORNING, GLISTENING IN THE EARLY MORNING SUN'S RAYS. IT GIVES HOPE.
SORRY MATE I CAN'T HEAR YOU, YOU'RE GOING TO NEED TO SPEAK IN A LOUDER FONT SIZE
THAT WOULD BE SILLY.

g0ejXwY.jpg

THERE'S A LOT OF YELLING GOING ON IN THIS ROOM.

Last edited:

quest

Not Banned from OT
Both for me Sony for single player exclusives. Microsoft for everything else because of the controller and game pass.

40,000 votes =/= 40,000 users. But it would be wise to think there would be more interest in the PS5 since this gen was nothing short of stellar for them.

thelastword

Banned
Microsoft talked about their next-gen plans a year ago at e3 so...?
E3......the very same time they thought they would gain momentum with "Sony is Evil, they don't wanna crossplay Ma"...….After said E3, Sony sales soared even more....MS went silent (crickets), on crossplay since then...…..

It's just like the last E3's, X018, this E3 "because Sony aint there ya see"...…..MS is gonna have the biggest E3 ever, mindshare will landside over to MS over other console manufacturers...….If a poll is done just after MS's 2019 E3 conference, the fever for an MS console will win against the competition 99-1...……...Hope we get a poll then so the people can see the light......

Fox Mulder

It's both pretty obvious and pointless.

The PS4 dominated this gen and we know very little about the next gen so far.

Not surprising, but also totally earned on both Microsoft and Sony's parts. MS is moving hard to right the ship while Sony moves to bolster their strengths, next gen is gonna be fun to watch play out.

E3......the very same time they thought they would gain momentum with "Sony is Evil, they don't wanna crossplay Ma"...….After said E3, Sony sales soared even more....MS went silent (crickets), on crossplay since then...…..

It's just like the last E3's, X018, this E3 "because Sony aint there ya see"...…..MS is gonna have the biggest E3 ever, mindshare will landside over to MS over other console manufacturers...….If a poll is done just after MS's 2019 E3 conference, the fever for an MS console will win against the competition 99-1...……...Hope we get a poll then so the people can see the light......
never change ma dude, you're an example to all of us

Last edited:

Jigsaah

Gold Member
I left IGN to come here one day...never looked back. The quality of users there just doesn't match what NeoGAF has.

There's a hefty Sony lean on both sites, but it's to be expected when the PS4 was originally cheaper, more powerful and actually more consumer friendly in the beginning of the gen. I prefer xbox myself for various reasons, but I'm not a mindless idiot fanboy who refuses to see the value of Playstation. I have a wide range of tastes and what one box doesn't satisfy, the other does. Where both boxes fall short, PC usually fills that gap.

Why would you hold this poll mere days before Microsoft talks about their next-gen plans when Sony has recently already discussed theirs?

It's non-objective.

To get clicks. The majority of IGN readers are going to be ps4 owners. ps4 owners seeing a headline that re-enforces their bias means they will most likely click on the link and IGN will make some money from ads.

MS isn't going to repeat the same mistakes that cost them heavily. They are going to come out swinging. Will be interesting to see.

Alebrije

Being honest I am more impressed about Xbone X than PS4 PRO. Microsft did a great job so I hope they use XboneX as base por next generation.

Sony has Mark Cerny and this guy does not dissapoits so PS5 will be something really special.....

Basically I am 50%-50% with Sony and Microsoft on the hardware fo next gen but regarding games Sony is the king.....

Three

What? The point was 40,000 people (votes) is not a lot. It's the equivalent of 10 days of sales for one system multiple years into its life on an average/off month in the US.

10 days out of the average 2,555 day generational cycle. It's not a lot.
For a poll 40,000 respondents is a lot. Not sure where we are going with this. IGN readers are not a reflection of the mainstream population though and the more casual market would not be among them.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
WHY ARE YOU YELLING IN YOUR THREAD TITLE?
Cruise control for cooooooool

Online polls are dumb as hell. It's incredibly easy to create a bot to skew the results, or submit your vote multiple times and have it counted

The chans brought this to light ages ago
One way you hype next gen is by yelling

thelastword

Banned
It's a poll that speaks to mindshare and anticipation of the next generation, nobody is hyping it up because nobody needs to..... It's the current reality...... I think the installbase of PS4 over XBOX-ONE is a fair enough assessment of this already..... Nobody is saying MS won't do better next gen, but I think they burnt a lot of bridges this gen with their console........ So after all that, answering a question as to which gaming manufacturer you're looking forward to most, to give you your gaming fix, is a no brainer, it's just the reality.......

Really the only thing that would make me want a Next Gen Xbox is disc based emulation for Xbox, Xbox 360 and Xbox One.

I can play Next Gen Microsoft exclusives on my PC.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Sony is set to dominate next-gen unless they somehow fuck up big time and shoot themselves in the foot, like MS did this gen.
Pretty much this. As much as I hate what they have become MS has nothing. Fable though!

zcaa0g

Banned
MS "could" have outdone Sony in the next generation, but with most likely all of their first party titles coming to the PC platform, there isn't much of a point to getting one outside of still being able to play the past One and 360 titles that will never be on the PC platform.

And that's why I will get it, but have to get the PS5 for the new gen exclusives.

Fake

I find it funny that folks are so confident that PS5 BC will work with every PS4 game flawlessly.... I can already see that headline "Only a limited amount of PS4 games will work" etc..
Unless you came from the future I can't see why not.

Petrae

No mention of Xbots or Sony Ponies yet? For such an obvious Console Wars thread, that’s a little surprising.

Meanwhile, the results of this “poll” aren’t. Sony, being the market leader, is easily going to get its supporters for a Gen9 box— especially given that Microsoft hasn’t really come forth with much info yet on its own Gen9 machine. The more interesting discussion will be after the cards are on the table and people can talk about the advantages and disadvantages of each platform.

Price, launch lineup, backwards compatibility, and other factors will be keys. There will be plenty of time for reasonable debate to be had.

Top Bottom