• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo:CE Anniversary Announced (MS Conf, Nov 15th 2011, $40)

-PXG- said:
Hoooooooooooooooooold one. I'm confused.

There is no MP? Seriously? Like, for real? What the fuck?
Yes, for real. Why would they add more competition to Reach? It'd be crazy to split up their fanbase like that so soon.

I think adding classic maps to Reach is a good move, now all I need is a Zanzibar remake and everything will be golden.

Ken

-PXG- said:
Hoooooooooooooooooold one. I'm confused.

There is no MP? Seriously? Like, for real? What the fuck?

Remade campaign of Halo: CE.
Halo: CE maps remade as a map pack for Halo: Reach.

FrankT

rar

all they had to do is take halo 1, fix the framerate issues, put it online, and add some more maps from the pc version and the sequels and i would've spent $100 on it

reach is awful regardless of if it has halo 1 maps, and this campaign remake destroys the simple art style of the original

Oozer3993

Palette Swap said:
It's a case of a damned if you do, damned if you don't, for the campaign and MP.

If they redesign the campaign, correcting what they consider flaws in the level design, an angry mob will descend on them because they skinned that holy cow. If they don't, other people will complain about repetitive levels and how they haven't aged well.

The MP is pretty much the same, either you're true to that unique, at times broken, feel no other Halo game has managed to recreate and you split your base down the middle or you just add maps to the Reach playlists and betray that game you're trying to celebrate.

At this point, in both cases, the best solution would be to go both ways.
Offer (in that new engine):
- to choose between a vanilla campaign and a "remastered" campaign
- to add the CE maps to existing Reach playlists and at the same time create new playlists dedicated to CE that accurately replicate the weapons and balance of CE

I'm pretty sure this won't happen but this would have been nice.

Actually, we might be getting that:

IGN said:
Anniversary uses the Halo: Reach engine to present an updated look for the original campaign, as well as a Classic mode featuring the original assets from Halo: Combat Evolved.

Shake Appeal said:
Is it known yet if it has Live co-op?

It does.

Judging by the screens, it looks a lot better than I expected (although Master Chief looks like shit). While not quite a full blown remake, it's obviously a lot more than just a re-skin.

In saying all that, it doesn't change my overall opinion of this.

mr stroke

not counting the high res Bullshots with tons of AA, the videos look terrible. This remake is too pre mature. MS really should have waited until the next Xbox to give this game a full proper remake

PNut

Banned
Can't wait. Replay of the CE campaign will be fun and if Reach needed anything it was definitely more non-Forge World maps.

Deadbeat

Banned
Halo on pc has a ton of halo 2 and 3 maps made for it by the community. Its quite crazy on there. Why the hell only 7 maps for this remake?

This feels an awful lot like Halo: ODST in terms of value.

PNut said:
Can't wait. Replay of the CE campaign will be fun and if Reach needed anything it was definitely more non-Forge World maps.
Tell me about it, I've been praying for them to just put in classic maps for a while.

Deadbeat said:
Halo on pc has a ton of halo 2 and 3 maps made for it by the community. Its quite crazy on there. Why the hell only 7 maps?

This feels an awful lot like Halo: ODST in terms of value.
worse, because at least ODST had an original campaign and multiplayer

zlatko

Banned
LMAO! Looked like shit, and the details confirm the the ONLY way they will sell this is by the old "buy me for a beta for a game you actually want" method.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
soooo good. halo ce looks great IMO and battlecreek and damnation look incredible for reach!

Deadbeat said:
Halo on pc has a ton of halo 2 and 3 maps made for it by the community. Its quite crazy on there.
Damn. Maybe I'll just grab the PC version of Halo 1 again.

I probably shouldn't though, I put thousands of hours into it in the past.

Surely has to be 2 player coop, if it wasn't it'd be too easy. Unless they bring in all the skulls, but that's surely not just a remaster.

Rad-

zlatko said:
LMAO! Looked like shit, and the details confirm the the ONLY way they will sell this is by the old "buy me for a beta for a game you actually want" method.

Not sure if serious. This will easily sell 3+ million without any betas attached.

Haters gonna hate. I will be buying this day one. Then again, I paid $60 for ODST and didn't complain about the price. Don't get me wrong, it was over priced, but I played it extensively.

I own the original but I love Reach (and its engine) so this remake will be very nice. If you all don't think a remake is worth your time then don't buy it and move on, but I will be enjoying myself extensively and I wont care about the naysayers.

T-Minus 30 seconds before I get quoted 30 times saying I am a fanboy.

Lyphen said:
I hope they fix the Mark V's visor.

http://download.halowaypoint.com/content/waypoint/assets/images/95e4125ae795409f820e070c0939d104/2816736-gallery.png[/IG][IMG]http://download.halowaypoint.com/content/waypoint/assets/images/1a6045bac1d34e2aa67744bfadb94320/2816735-gallery.png[/IG][/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Dug]from David Ellis on twitter.

[URL="http://twitter.com/#!/DavidEllis/status/77806803802529792"]http://twitter.com/#!/DavidEllis/status/77806803802529792[/URL][/QUOTE]

At least the single player is looking pretty damn faithful to the original.

Respect +1 to whoever is making this, in one regard at least.

Oozer3993 said:
Actually, we might be getting that:
My bad, I thought "remastered" meant they had somehow redesigned the levels themselves, not just the engine.
So basically, the campaign will be the original layouts in the Reach engine and the players can switch between new and old assets ingame?

FourDoor

So Halo CE Aniv multiplayer = Map pack for Halo Reach?

I guess that makes sense. I just hope the maps play well with the new classic settings.

clav

Rad- said:
Not sure if serious. This will easily sell 3+ million without any betas attached.
He's been spreading hate in every Xbox thread.

Not sure if I will buy for $40.

$20-$30 definitely.

Oozer3993

Palette Swap said:
My bad, I thought "remastered" meant they had somehow redesigned the levels themselves, not just the engine.
So basically, the campaign will be the original layouts in the Reach engine and the players can switch between new and old assets ingame?

Yes. They actually show that ability off in this video.

Izayoi

Banned
Terrible. All hype killed with the multiplayer news. Can't believe they're charging $40 for half of a game.

Get real, Microsoft.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
new graphics are just a layer over the existing game. phew, it will play EXACTLY the same as the original.

TUROK

Frank O'Connor just said that it's using the same gameplay and physics parameters that the original used.

Sanic

O'conner just said on GTTV that the remake runs on the same gameplay and physics engine that powered the original.

Top Bottom