• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Infinite Hits Highest PC Player Count In Over A Year As Season 5 Lands

Draugoth

Gold Member
Halo Infinite has hit 18,000 concurrent players on Steam, this is its highest peak since the launch of Season 2, 17 months ago. It is currently in the Top 50 based on concurrent players.

The exact player count high since Season 5 landed is 18,007 at the time of writing according to SteamDB, and this is the first time the game has gotten close to its 20k+ number back in April of last year.

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
Games in a good spot. Few things still need sorting out and the UI still sucks balls but overall i'd say the package as a whole is an 8.5-9 atm.

Liking the Bandit evo starts in ranked, reminds me of the Halo 5 pistol.

Best Halo has been in a long ass time.

Last edited:

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Cool

Angel Halo GIF by Tinashe

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
I personally think they should stay committed to this for Halo multiplayer, and the upcoming UE5 Halo game should be a single player only experience.

Keep Halo Infinite an ongoing MP experience, eventually release the rumored Halo Battle Royale title and keep that ongoing, and then release a new Halo single player experiences every few years.

Sounds like a good plan to me.

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
I personally think they should stay committed to this for Halo multiplayer, and the upcoming UE5 Halo game should be a single player only experience.

Keep Halo Infinite an ongoing MP experience, eventually release the rumored Halo Battle Royale title and keep that ongoing, and then release Halo single player experiences every few years.

Sounds like a good plan to me.
I was just thinking this the other day.

Sounds like a decent enough plan to me.

i'm going away for a week but i would be on it otherwise, looks good. Looking forward to playing firefight most though mid season.

The amount of new and forge maps and now with pve and coop modes coming I personally think halo is the best multiplayer game ATM.
This is what gaas games they suck at release and people here have made their minds that halo sucks and yes it did when it launched but after season 5 Im pretty sure halo is unmatched with content and gameplay.

splattered

Might need to transfer back into SSD and check it out... had good fun with multiplayer but been playin COD/BF/FN for a while now

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Have they solved the whole "battle pass is the only form of progression" issue? No, oh well...

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
I meant in terms of armor unlocks like in the prior titles, if I wanted a coloured badge I'd just play ranked again.
Seems we differ in what we define as progress. Personally i have zero interest in amour unlocks you can't see 99% of the time. The game is free, they have to sell something to earn a crust. Each to their own I guess.

Im just a returning player lapsed from season 2, but i do believe they have rewards for hitting certain ranks, although ive not looked into that much, could be wrong.

Does the game already have dlss? or is it still shitty optimized?
What are you talking about? the game has always run great. No need for dlss. I can max it out on a mobile 3070.

Last edited:

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
Should have kicked out Bonnie and promote this guy from the start. They would have still hit their diversity quota lol.

On-topic, I'll check it out. Halo Infinite was always strong mechanically but there was nothing to play for and the progression sucked.

Last edited:
Halo right now is the best MP game of this gen , there is nothing that comes close to it ,(change my mind if there is any)but people here have made up their minds that it sucks and will never give it a 2nd chance
This is the problem with gaas games that overtime they become great games but if they launch in a pathetic state most people would move on and would never give it a 2nd chance
If this game would've launched with this much content it would've easily been the goat multiplayer game

ByWatterson

The last two seasons have improved the guts of the game SO much, along with providing new content, and now it is getting a huge explosion of content on top of that.

The change in leadership at 343i is showing and paying huge dividends. I crack on Microsoft for mismanaging its studios, but 343 is clearly batting well right now.

Get back in everyone!

FireFly

I meant in terms of armor unlocks like in the prior titles, if I wanted a coloured badge I'd just play ranked again.
You get the Mark VI armour from the campaign for reaching the last rank. And there are regular events that give free armour pieces.

Last edited:

dem

Gonna fire this up again tonight..

I loved it at launch... but the bugs were just too much. Having to continually kill the game to find a new match. Not being able to cancel matchmaking. Please tell me this is fixed by now.

I tried it a few months ago and the menus/presentation were still lackluster. I hate the repetitive player intros too.

Last edited:

SABRE220

What were the numbers for halo in its prime days aka halo3 and reach? I think I remember reach having 60000 players just on steam even in 2019. While its good that its bouncing back I want the franchise to claw back to those heights...though without Bungie and with 343...

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
Already down to 81 in the current concurrent player chart.

Below classics like Beam.NG Drive, Bloons TD 6, The Front, Soundpad and Cookie Clicker.

This is being touted as a win by our Xbro’s?

Wonder what you’ll say in 3 days time when it’s back down to 24 hour peaks of 5k.

Banjo64

cumsessed
What were the numbers for halo in its prime days aka halo3 and reach? I think I remember reach having 60000 players just on steam even in 2019. While its good that its bouncing back I want the franchise to claw back to those heights...though without Bungie and with 343...
Halo 3 had over 1m concurrent players for months and months after launch. I played daily in the UK after school.

Top Bottom