• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remnant II Hits Nearly 110K Concurrent Players On Steam

The title has already become the most successful IP for the developers.
Gunfire Games’ latest entry has seen record-breaking success. Remnant 2 is steadily climbing the echelons of Steam charts to hit nearly 110,000 concurrent players while gunning down the challenging monsters in the game. As recorded by the Steam tracking site SteamDB, the entry has seen a steep increase in players since the weekend began, and the all-time high peak has now reached the huge 109,053 threshold about 22 hours ago.
image.png

The game seemingly managed to reach over 83,000 concurrent players two days ago. The number of players has slowly kept ascending the Steam charts since then, even when a few days have passed since release. Now the number has climbed nearly the 110,000 mark that only a few massively AAA popular games ever get to hit on Steam compared to millions of releases.
The first entry in the series currently only has nearly 3,500 players enjoying the hearty combat and Souls-like mechanics. Its all-time high stood at 50k players four years ago. The sequel has significantly improved over all the features present in the first game. As a result, the title launched with twice as many concurrent players as the first game. Darksiders 3, in third place, has an all-time peak of over 7,000 users.
Sources:

hlm666

Decent game for sure, fucking hard though I cant seem to get anywhere with it even on survivor difficulty
What class did you choose? one way to make getting started a little easier is to take the medic class and the healing gun mod. The base medic skill is a healing thing you drop on the ground with about a 50 second cooldown, the gun mod will charge up 2 charges of a ball you can shoot at your feet for 30% heal. They are both a much quicker way to get a heal; off than using the relic. Once you get to the point where u can use 2 classes you can move the medic to the secondary slot and still have access to the heal skill.

Freeman76

What class did you choose? one way to make getting started a little easier is to take the medic class and the healing gun mod. The base medic skill is a healing thing you drop on the ground with about a 50 second cooldown, the gun mod will charge up 2 charges of a ball you can shoot at your feet for 30% heal. They are both a much quicker way to get a heal; off than using the relic. Once you get to the point where u can use 2 classes you can move the medic to the secondary slot and still have access to the heal skill.
I picked handler, any tips there? I got to the primogenitor but just cant beat it, so I went back to the previous area to try and find shit make me stronger

hlm666

I picked handler, any tips there? I got to the primogenitor but just cant beat it, so I went back to the previous area to try and find shit make me stronger
Sorry I havn't played the handler at all yet, what are you using for the secondary archtype? I only just did that fight before on an adventure reroll, took me longer than I want to admit to realise the little blue bug was the boss. I had the fire mod on my primary gun (lmg) and kind of just kept everything on fire although the blue bugs shield seemed to stop him burning.

kittoo

Cretinously credulous

Or choose the handlers class. The dog is godsend- dispatching many small enemies singlehandedly and engaging bigger ones (thus making hordes far easier to handle). It also revives you on first death. It also has an ability where it keeps recharging your health slowly continuously. Fucking amazing good boy.

Also get one high RPS gun (in fact, I didn't even change my first gun- the blackmaw. Just kept upgrading it and it was great) and the cube gun later on as secondary.

Finally, wear the amulet that throws an acid cloud and applies corrosion around you whenever you swap weapons. Basically you can finish the game without even firing a single bullet. Just keep swapping the guns continuously lol. Makes mobs and bosses with mobs (or orbs or whatever extra minions) so easy to handle.

Do these and you are golden. You can become even more OP with the the lifesteal (siphoner?) trait which increases your health when you hurt enemies, ring that also regenates your health (stacks with the dog regeneration) and the ring that gives you 10% of your life whenever you use an ability.

Freeman76 Freeman76 oh you already chose handler. Great. See my post above

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
Shame the developer couldn't be arsed to include crossplay.
Ah those lazy dev's again eh? Get real, small team with limited resources. Its a miracle its actually out on all 3 platforms at the same time if you ask me.

Last edited:

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Is this significantly better than the first? I tried the first one when they gave it away on EGS but dropped it eventually

Dynasty8

Deserves it. It's a great game and I'm having a blast playing solo.

I hope Gunfire Games continues on the success with this model and delivers something even more ambitious for their next game.

VN1X

Banned
Deserved. Already racked up over thirty hours (on Nightmare) and it still keeps surprising and delighting. Can't wait to uncover even more secrets and to also check out Apocalypse difficulty.

Performance is abysmal though. Shockingly bad in some areas.

Last edited:
Loving this game def surpassed Remnant 1 as fav game of all time.

Hating GAF for not having OT even tried to bounce out of here as personal protest... Only to realize this place is worse than crack in terms of withdrawal symptoms so I need to stay.

Even that Cesspool GAF variant has a Remnant 2 OT. Shame on you guys for making me visit that place. 😢😢😢

Last edited:

StereoVsn

So close to buying this...but there's only a month until starfield...might get it this week though....
BG3 is coming next week. There is no air between now and Starfield! 😉

And of course Spider-Man 2 hits soon after as well. Is suspect between these games I am good till like early next year. That's not even mentioning Cyberpunk expansion.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Loving this game def surpassed Remnant 1 as fav game of all time.

Hating GAF for not having OT even tried to bounce out of here as personal protest... Only to realize this place is worse than crack in terms of withdrawal symptoms so I need to stay.

Even that Cesspool GAF variant has a Remnant 2 OT. Shame on you guys for making me visit that place. 😢😢😢

Make one bro

unlurkified

Love the game and it’s great but a majority of the boss encounters feel mandatory at 2 or 3 players because you don’t have enough stamina to be able to continually dodge all the boss’ attacks. The game’s just poorly designed for solo play. Hopefully they can expand their studio after the game’s success cuz if feels like their game design is a bit too ambitious for what they’re able to pull off.

clarky

Gold Member
Give me a fucking break. "Small indie dev" owned and funded by Embracer, who has released 4 high tier AA titles, and actually included crossplay in the prequel.
Who mentioned they were Indie? They have a workforce of around 90, so like I said limited resources.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
BG3 is coming next week. There is no air between now and Starfield! 😉

And of course Spider-Man 2 hits soon after as well. Is suspect between these games I am good till like early next year. That's not even mentioning Cyberpunk expansion.

oh shit you're right.jeeez....what a year.

Top Bottom