• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Infinite Hits Highest PC Player Count In Over A Year As Season 5 Lands

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Already down to 81 in the current concurrent player chart.

Below classics like Beam.NG Drive, Bloons TD 6, The Front, Soundpad and Cookie Clicker.

This is being touted as a win by our Xbro’s?

Wonder what you’ll say in 3 days time when it’s back down to 24 hour peaks of 5k.
Beam.NG Drive is fucking awesome. Amazing damage model, practically infinite mod support, and just added a VR mode.

TIGERCOOL

The game's in a way better place with the inclusion of squad battle and custom servers alone. They give me that classic Halo feel. Still think the general level and mode design by 343 is pretty whack and that's kept me and my friends at bay. Will check this out but can see us falling back into those modes primarily, especially to check out AI stuff in customs.

Really wish the casual slayer and quick play didn't have AR/pistol starts because I hate those weapons and the ranked mode is just too sweaty and repetitive

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
From # 84 to # 6. Good bump.

F8vZsxnXcAAgnpL

I'll download this and give it a whirl later. I love Halo, this one just didn't have the staying power like the original trilogy did in my opinion.

I'm officially in love with Halo Infinite again for now. 3 matches in and ALL Aussie hosted and fast matches found. FUCK YES! How I have waited for this day. It's all the difference and hopefully lasts longer than just these content launch days...

This rusty old Halo fool, who is completely out of practice with Infinite (haven't had it installed for months), dropped two needler triple kills in a game. One enemy was camping the needler spawn after that first triple, took that fucker out and claimed my second triple with the needler I won, LOL. That shit is so on fire, the needler is a complete beast again. I'm in love, like CE love. Sorry for the glitchy video cap, my xbox recordings do that for some reason at the moment. The new maps look and play like a top shelf Halo game, finally (both slayer and OBJ). I have to say these maps feel far less esports driven and more "classic vanilla" Halo driven, which to me is the real golden ticket for Halo. Halo lost its own identity by bending to the will of MLG/HCS far too much outside of ranked 4v4 play.

Skip to 55secs for the first triple, 2.15s for the needler spawn fight, 2.42s for the second triple -

Fucking well done, new 343, well done. Can we rename this studio name now? They deserve a fresh start I think. Imma go with 2401 (Penitent Tangent Monitor).

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
Decent games tonight. Much improved game since i dropped it in season 2.

Ranked slayer, fuck knows why this wasn't in from the start. Thinking back what a cluster fuck of a first 12 months this game had.

One thing i will say there's too many play lists for such a small community, 16? Chop that shit down and rotate in and out (i know they do this a bit already).

Last edited:

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
Tonight I played for the first time since the update.

I like the new game type I played and the way they've improved the visuals is immediately noticable.

As has been said, it's a shame that it didn't launch in this state. Hopefully someone's taking notes.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
However people are not going to stick around without tangible progression (no a badge wont cut it anymore, its 2023), and 343 are moving focus onto their next game anyway

If you could be a wizard Harry, what kind of progression would you magic wand to Halo Infinite? I agree with you btw, but I want to see if we're thinking of the same kinds of stuff.

Naked Lunch

New update is great. Im back on board after playing pretty hardcore for a year or so and then taking a break.
Some really great, down to the wire, matches in my sessions this week. Its been fun.
I still have some nit picky things about the gameplay, which sets it below the Bungie classics - but I still say Infinite is the best Halo since 3.

The map variety is now quite good.
Since launch we've asked for natural looking maps - over city and machinery ones - and almost all the new maps since have been a natural atheistic. They are for sure listening to what the fans want.

Pretty exciting time actually - with the new clean slate of 343 and new engine - will be very interesting to see where the series goes next.

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member
If you could be a wizard Harry, what kind of progression would you magic wand to Halo Infinite? I agree with you btw, but I want to see if we're thinking of the same kinds of stuff.

Rather than having shitty weekly challanges that everyone hates with a time limit, I would have multiple rewards locked behind specific challanges accessible at any time, finishing so many games with a 3-1 K/D, getting 5 roadkills with a warthog in a match, get 7 head shots in a row with the sniper etc. These would be accessible to any player at any time. Some would be relatively easy, some would be very very difficult. But the idea is to have a spread of rewards player could work towards by playing multiple modes. They would be set in blocks with a unique special reward if you clear every one in the block, clearing all of the blocks would reward something very special, recon helm special.

Outside of that I would badge onto the rank system introduced in season 4 to unlock new armor sets and accessories similair to reach as you progress, with higher levels giving you more cool shit at you progress to customise your Spartan, probably something big at the start of each tier like a new base core that builds up as you go up that tiers ranks.

Just standard stuff, give players something cool as they play, but also give more hardcore a bunch of challanges they can actively work towards at any time.

Finally I would make a new core that specifically links to campaign and all the achievements there, give free 2 play players who might not be interested in the campaign otherwise an incentive to check it out and complete everything it has to offer and be rewarded for it. Yeah sure most people have gamepass and get this anyway but might sell a few campaign this way.

As for MTX, rotating store can go fuck off, keep all the event shit in there but let everyone buy them when they like, a full listing all the time. All Past battle passes would be buyable at any time and you just work on the one you want at the time.

I think that's fair, they still have a cash shop, they still have battle passes, just players have something to work on outside of that, and they can buy the better looking versions of the event armors when they pop up if they want to support 343.

Last edited:
According to this, Halo sees 500k users a month on both Steam and Xbox Live.

According to this, Halo sees 500k users a month on both Steam and Xbox Live.

It's been building back up for a solid while now, both from the devs and fans.

Top Bottom