• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hamas terrorists infiltrated Israel. 1400+ killed, 2400+ wounded, 240+ abducted. Israel declares war

Techies

I referenced Hiroshima basically mass murder of civilians, and you said sleep well but ok.
They at least do knocks and warn the people, before the building is destroyed.

They've also been given instructions how to evacuate.

There's already been 200 bodies found at the music festival Hamas attacked.
They were given absolutely no warning.

Jinzo Prime

I imagine that any non Israeli citizen will get released. If concern for those specific hostages is paramount, then NOT joining in the fight and negotiating for their release is the most likely path. Of course with a nation like the US, Hamas probably figures that as soon as they release any American hostages the US will start attacking. Then again, the US will probably start fighting no matter what. But releasing non-Israelis as soon and as publicly as possible is a good PR move for Hamas. The dual citizens are the edge case. Alas, the Israeli hostages are the ones with little hope. Normally I'd expect a protracted hostage situation but given that this whole thing started with atrocities I'm not sure Hamas could really do anything to pivot to being "the good guys" in world opinion (assuming there is anyone left without a fixed stance already) so they may just execute them as an internal rally cry.

Also likely there is little central control with Hamas, so some of these hostages are basically caught by rabble, undisciplined young men in particular, and that's a fate I wouldn't wish on anyone.
You're thinking to rationally. These people are out for blood, they don't seem to give a damn who gets killed.

Thaedolus

I get the comparisons to 9/11 but in reality this is on such another level. 9/11 basically took 19 guys, some flight sim time, and box cutters to pull off…and the attacks were over in like 90 minutes. We didn’t have guys running around murdering people in the streets and taking hostages across the border…this is next level, and no matter what the final body count is, it’s gonna go down as the worst terrorist attack in history.

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber

US Looking Into Additional Israel Aid After Attack, Blinken Says​

Reports are coming out that Americans were killed.

Hamas soon:
nuclear explosion bomb GIF

Bojji

Gold Member
Just barrage it with rockets from all sides until there entire infastructure is dust. They seem to like shooting rockets, so maybe they like to receive it.

No need to get people in there.

US military certainly have the power to do that. All that trillions of dollars could actually be used to somethig positive.

LordCBH

So why is the west not deleting iran by now? they are supporting russia and hamas? pretty much a terrorist state at this point?
Because the west doesn’t have any leaders worth a damn. As far as the US goes, the government is essentially a retirement home now. Look at Biden, look at McConnell, look at Sanders. They’re all ancient as fuck and they aren’t the only ones.

ThisIsMyDog

Just barrage it with rockets from all sides until there entire infastructure is dust. They seem to like shooting rockets, so maybe they like to receive it.

No need to get people in there.
I don't think this is that easy, Iran is a mountainous country and they have been preparing for a conflict with the U.S. and Israel for a long time, without troops on the ground it will be hard to achieve goals. On top of that, Iran is an authoritarian powder keg so you risk triggering a bloody civil war there like in Syria, tens of millions displaced and hundreds of thousands dead, and all the blame will be on the West.

Mr1999

Really crazy stuff, there was one video I watched of a girl crying about how her sister had just died and her brother? was asking if this was true or not, and some random guy telling her that she was in heaven? Didn't catch all of it. I come from one of Israels neighboring countries and my parents always brought me up that if you dont bother them they wont bother you type of mentality, especially with Israel, they wont touch you if you dont fuck with them. Not siding with Israel or Palestine, because I know how Palestinians have suffered too but this is not the way. If what im reading is true, Lebanon gets dragged into the mix and gets bombed for the who knows how many times, as if the 2020 explosion was not enough.

Last edited:
My feelings on Israel is mixed. I recognize the that they are are a tech hub and provide immense value to the world. But am I really going to be out of touch/naive enough to not acknowledge the atrocities they committed on Palestine? You know…western backed tech hub versus “cave people”? It’s already an unfair war. No need for U.S. involvement, if Israel is meant to be a country then they already have all the resources they need to win.

Ragnarok

I can't imagine that next Iran government could be worse than what we have now.

World without religion would be a better place for sure.
You say that but obviously you haven’t learned from the history of the United States being involved in regime changes.

And I won’t even respond to your religion statement except to ask where you would like your fedora mailed?

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Also likely there is little central control with Hamas, so some of these hostages are basically caught by rabble, undisciplined young men in particular, and that's a fate I wouldn't wish on anyone.
And that is the reason they probably won't be released. Releasing hostages that have been brutalized is unlikely to curry much favor.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
This thread is a doozy.

Keyboard warriors calling for the eradication of Iran. The end of religion. The complete destabilization of the Middle East. Woof.

I'm afraid your understanding of the Middle East is at a kindergarten level, if you believe the eradication of the current regime in Iran would make the area more unstable. How much do you know regarding the relationship Iran has with Russia? And how much do you understand regarding the guiding forces behind these most recent atrocities?

LordOfChaos

Not particularly that I'm doubting this, but why would they be allowed to keep their phones? Where are the people keeping them hostage? It looks like people bunkering in place from rocket fire. A lot of this is very fast and as it happens I understand, but a number of things are also mislabeled, whether by mistake or for an agenda.

Afaik the woman previously shown being paraded around that was at first called an IDF soldier, was rather an innocent German tourist attending the rave, which as bad as both are is worse for a non miliary target, so it goes both ways but I just want my understanding to be factual.

Last edited:

Kenpachii

I don't think this is that easy, Iran is a mountainous country and they have been preparing for a conflict with the U.S. and Israel for a long time, without troops on the ground it will be hard to achieve goals. On top of that, Iran is an authoritarian powder keg so you risk triggering a bloody civil war there like in Syria, tens of millions displaced and hundreds of thousands dead, and all the blame will be on the West.

U can't prepare mate against endless rain of misscles. These cunts want to mass produce rockets to kill citizens with from another country, that's fine. How about the west starts to mass produce rockets they can shoot in masses into all there infastructure. And i am not talking about 2000 rockets, but mulitply that times 1000 and that's for the the first year, another 2 for the next year. Just throw them back into the dark age until they wisen up and come to the table. If that creates a complete change of leadership or people start to flee away from iran, so be it. This government has to be dealt with sooner rather then later.

I have no clue how isreal is ever going to defend themselves against these attacks on that scale.

winjer

This thread is a doozy.

Keyboard warriors calling for the eradication of Iran. The end of religion. The complete destabilization of the Middle East. Woof.

You really don't understand the Middle East. Otherwise you would know how many other Muslim countries, neighboring Iran, want that regime destroyed.
Even Saudi Arabia, which has several of the main centers of worship of Islam, hates the current Iranian regime.
Iran is one of the main destabilizing forces in the region.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
My feelings on Israel is mixed. I recognize the that they are are a tech hub and provide immense value to the world. But am I really going to be out of touch/naive enough to not acknowledge the atrocities they committed on Palestine? You know…western backed tech hub versus “cave people”? It’s already an unfair war. No need for U.S. involvement, if Israel is meant to be a country then they already have all the resources they need to win.
You can also acknowledge the atrocities done by Palestinians, this isn't the first time they came out to kill people. Look at bus bombings, Munic Olympics, Entebbe.

They are "cave people" because they choose to be.

And Israel is not meant to be a country, it is a country. US will help shut down criticism for what's to come.

RedC

The Palestine Ambassador to the UK.

Whether you agree or disagree, this perspective is what will continue to fuel this neverending conflict between Israel and Palestine.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member
So why is the west not deleting iran by now? they are supporting russia and hamas? pretty much a terrorist state at this point?

The best way to end Iran's soft power in the Middle East is the comprehensive defeat of the current Russian regime.

I see a lot of people on social media screaming that we should attack Iran/Hamas... while also saying we should stop helping Ukraine.

It's fucking moronic.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח

Whether you agree or disagree, this perspective is what will continue to fuel this neverending conflict between Israel and Palestine.

This is where he's wrong, it was never their land. When the Ottoman empire fell in WW1 and UK/France won, they divided that land however they saw fit. Nobody should have consulted them.

Are you volunteering to go to war? It's easy to write this kind of stuff from a safe house.
Ill voluntary push the button to launch the missile that will destroy Iran's regime.

Iran can still be saved based on the protests that happened not long ago, it's the leadership that needs be destroyed compeletely.

Also the fact they give drones to Russia should already have been a good enough reason.

Last edited:

winjer

Saying they want to talk and peace, after such heinous actions, shows how little moral this guy has.
They attacked civilians not military targets. That is terrorism.

RedC

This is where he's wrong, it was never their land. When the Ottoman empire fell in WW1 and UK/France won, they divided that land however they saw fit. Nobody should have consulted them.
That doesn't matter because it's what they FEEL should've happened. It's very difficult for people to look at events objectively or behind them and not allow their emotions to bias them, especially when they've been on the losing end for almost a century and have had and continue to have devastating impacts on them. This generational trauma is passed down to future generations with confirmation bias continuing to reinforce this narrative which will consistently fuel the fire against Israel.

I'm assuming they are all queer, since they gots no women.

But the issue really is, the enemy isn't at the door, it's already inside the house.
I wonder how they would react if they went to a local rave where they live and then randomly started getting kidnapped. Would they keep cheering? Fuck every single one of them. If I was there I would burn that fucking car with them.

Last edited:

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
That doesn't matter because it's what they FEEL should've happened. It's very difficult for people to look at events objectively or behind them and not allow their emotions to bias them, especially when they've been on the losing end for almost a century and have had and continue to have devastating impacts on them. This generational trauma is passed down to future generations with confirmation bias continuing to reinforce this narrative which will consistently fuel the fire against Israel.
Jews went thru the most horrible of events in history, several times, we never forget, but we move the fuck on. Israel it a tech hub, percentage wise we won most noble prizes that help the world, we created fucking Seinfeld and more, we didn't wallow in pity and misery for our entire fucking lives. We survived and thrived.

All my grandparents came from the Holocaust. They all lost brothers and sisters, but they rebuild, and pushed on.

But I understand, in today's world, victimhood is currency. People used to look up to success, now they look down to find what's wrong with them so they can be a victim too.

Top Bottom