• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hamas terrorists infiltrated Israel. 1400+ killed, 2400+ wounded, 240+ abducted. Israel declares war

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
We just heard from IDF spokesperson that schools for the next two days are cancelled, and all other children related activities.

Attack could be imminent.

Bernoulli

M2 slut
You seem to forget that it's the Palestinians who have refused several times the creation of a 2 state solution.
The last time, it as with Arafat, and the USA and Israel offered a lot, to make a deal. Still the Palestinians refused.
And the reason is that the Palestinians demand the destruction of Israel. From the river to the sea.
i'm talking about the current one
the US said the want to find a solution to have both states, why not just force it without waiting for the 2 to agree
starts at 1:32 with the un US ambassador

winjer

Gold Member
i'm talking about the current one
the US said the want to find a solution to have both states, why not just force it without waiting for the 2 to agree
starts at 1:32 with the un US ambassador

If the Palestinians wanted a 2 state solution, they would have not committed the attack o the 7th.
They would have negotiated a new deal. The USA, EU would be glad to do so.
But after such attack, you can't expect anyone to want to deal with terrorists.
And if Hamas was keen on having a peace deal after the attack, they could start by delivering all the hostages. Which they refused to do.

It's very easy to pretend that the Palestinians are the victims. Simply because they lost all the wars.
But it was the Palestinians and the Arab countries that started all major conflicts with Israel.
And the Palestinians have such hatred against the Jewish community, that even before the creation of Israel, and any war was made, they seek an alliance with Hitler.
This is not a peaceful people. It's a violent, hateful people, that are very bad at war. And that pride themselves in using their own people as shields.

Ozriel

M$FT
It seems like it has started. I hope everyone stays safe.

I suspect they'll find it much more difficult to strike Israel with Shaheds and the likes than they've done with Ukraine. And of course Israel's been learning with the data from the Ukraine war, most probably including captured Shaheds and radar information from NATO systems in Ukraine.

The Iranians will probably try to use drones to deplete Israeli air defence and then try with ballistic missiles.

Today's salvo from Hezbollah was probably intended to support this attack too. Iran colluding with Terrorists is nothing new

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
I suspect they'll find it much more difficult to strike Israel with Shaheds and the likes than they've done with Ukraine. And of course Israel's been learning with the data from the Ukraine war, most probably including captured Shaheds and radar information from NATO systems in Ukraine.

The Iranians will probably try to use drones to deplete Israeli air defence and then try with ballistic missiles.

Today's salvo from Hezbollah was probably intended to support this attack too. Iran colluding with Terrorists is nothing new
US has supplied Israel with more munition.

Ozriel

M$FT
If the Palestinians wanted a 2 state solution, they would have not committed the attack o the 7th.
They would have negotiated a new deal. The USA, EU would be glad to do so.
But after such attack, you can't expect anyone to want to deal with terrorists.
And if Hamas was keen on having a peace deal after the attack, they could start by delivering all the hostages. Which they refused to do.

I keep wondering how many people can't see that October 7th was Hamas putting a massive spoke in the 'lasting peace' wheel.

Darkkahn

What a mess. The US sat on its ass for far too long, and the ayatollahs became this audacious. Many drones have been seen flying over our cities in Iran towards Israel.
Also, there is news of drones flying from Yemen too.
I hope now they help us overthrow this regime and rid us and the world of these terrorists.
Stay safe, everyone in Israel.

Last edited:

winjer

Gold Member
The 7th was by hamas not palestinians

You are saying palestinians lost wars but they live under occupation they don't even have an army how can they go to war

hamas are the terrorists they are not the palestinian army

Here are testimonies from IDF officers about the occupation, this is from 6 YEARS AGO

You do realize that Hamas is constituted by Palestinians. Now you could say that not all Palestinians support Hamas, or support the alliance with Hitler. Or wanted all these wars.
But neither the Israeli. And it's always the Israeli that are being targeted by attacks from Palestinians or neighboring Arab countries.
You might also remember that the attack on the 7th is not the only attack commited by Hamas. It is just the most severe, among thousands of terrorist attacks.

Gaza is not occupied by Israel. They left that region in 2005.
You might also want to remember that Gaza didn't belong to the Palestinians until 1963. It belonged to Egypt, a country that recognizes Israel rights as a sovereign country and that reinforced their side of the blockade on Gaza.
You probably meant about the settlements in the West bank. But that is not Gaza, it's not run by Hamas. It's a whole different region, run by the Palestinian Authority, who hate Hamas, almost as much as they hate the Israeli.

But you know what is worrying. It's that Israel was on it's way to create cordial and diplomatic relations with most neighboring Arab countries.
Israel was making an effort to develop peace with every Arab country willing to do so. Even those who at one time attacked Israel. In this matter, Egypt is the prime example.
Egypt lead the first war against Israel, but now they reconciled with Israel. Saudi Arabia seemed to be the next to do so.
But Hamas did not want this, so they committed the attack on the 7th. An attack so cruel and gruesome, against civilian targets, to force Israel to attack Gaza.
Hamas knew that Israel would have to respond with war in Gaza. They knew that many Israeli and Palestinian civilians would die. And that was what they wanted.

You can complain as much as you want about this war, but it was not Israel that provoked it.
It was not Israel that forbade the Palestinian civilians from using the bunkers and tunnels all around Gaza.
It was not Israel that placed their soldiers and weapons inside hospitals, schools and residential areas.
That was all Hamas.

Any other country had suffered such a heinous attack, and there would be no doubt in anyone's mind about the right to retaliate. Only Israel has the burden to suffer all these attacks without being able to respond in kind.
Worse yet, despite the being several other wars at the moment, some with much worse civilian casualties, but people like you only care about what the Israeli do.
In Syria we have a war with over 100.000 civilian casualties. many victim of chemical attacks. But no cares. Because it's not Israel.
Another major conflict in Sudan. And no one cares. Because it's not Israel.
1.2 million Uyghurs in concentration camps in China. And no one cares. But if Israel arrests one Palestinian terrorist, then it's bad.

Maybe you should listen to what one of the sons of the leader of Hamas has to say about this situation.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
tldr why would iran want to attack israel?
and Iraq don't mind ?!
How do you wage a war on such a big distance

LordOfChaos

tldr why would iran want to attack israel?
and Iraq don't mind ?!
How do you wage a war on such a big distance

Retaliation for the Israeli attack on the Iranian consulate in Syria

They possibly want to be seen to be doing something big while 95% of these will be shot down and it might not be so big

Long range drones which have to travel hours to Israel. Iraq I think just closed its airspace but too late

Unconfirmed cruise missiles claimed

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Retaliation for the Israeli attack on the Iranian consulate in Syria

They possibly want to be seen to be doing something big while 95% of these will be shot down and it might not be so big

Long range drones which have to travel hours to Israel. Iraq I think just closed its airspace but too late

Unconfirmed cruise missiles claimed
yeah no way any of that gets to the target. If anything, iraq will get the debris on them

ManaByte

Of course all the sensationalist apocalyptic preachers are screaming into their phone cameras right now that it’s Ezekiel 38 (again, they did that on Oct 7th too).

Liljagare

Posting this here too:

This is a lesson in the importance of quick and decisive military support.
If Ukraine had been given everything it needed to defeat the Russians early on, then Iran would have calculated that supporting Russia with drones and missiles was pointless.
Instead, Western inaction empowered the Iranians, the Chinese, the Russians and others.
Now this is spiraling out of control because of these stupid redlines.
Easy solution.
Peace Through Superior Firepower.

Now Iran is attacking Israel with drones.
At the same time, there is air raid alert in two regions of Ukraine.
Ukraine is under attack of the same drones that are attacking Israel.
Iran provided these drones to Russia for terrorist attacks.
Axis of evil.

Gp1

If i heard right from the news UK and US jets are conducting CAP over Siria and Iraq against Iranian drones and missiles.

If the Iron dome works as intended i still don't believe that any sides will escalate further (for now at least.)

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
If i heard right from the news UK and US jets are conducting CAP over Siria and Iraq against Iranian drones and missiles.

If the Iron dome works as intended i still don't believe that any sides will escalate further (for now at least.)
This is unprecedented. While Iran has attacked Israel thru proxies, now this is war against an actual country.

The West must retaliate. Israel will.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
Have been neck deep in Helldivers all day so I missed all of this. I can't believe that Iran was this insane.

Hopefully it stops here, but I doubt it will. Scary stuff.

Nobody_Important

I get why Iran would do this as a show of force in response to the attack by Israel. But all they've done is shown how completely inept they are and how absolutely ridiculous Israel's air defense systems are. They sent millions of dollars worth of munitions their way and they stopped 99% of them. On top of that so far we know of no fatalities.

Iran does not come out of this looking like a country willing to defend its borders. They come out of this looking inept and reactionary bordering on crazy.

Last edited:

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
I get why Iran would do this as a show of force in response to the attack by Israel. But all they've done is shown how completely inept they are and how absolutely ridiculous Israel's air defense systems are. They sent millions of dollars worth of munitions their way and they stopped 99% of them. On top of that so far we know of no fatalities.

Iran does not come out of this looking like a country willing to defend its borders. They come out of this looking inept and reactionary boarding on crazy.
Iran doesn't have any air defense systems either. They basically opened the gate for Israel to retaliate on their own turf.

US will prob block us from doing anything.

Nobody_Important

Iran doesn't have any air defense systems either. They basically opened the gate for Israel to retaliate on their own turf.

US will prob block us from doing anything.
If the entire Gaza situation wasn't happening, I don't think the US would stop Israel given the size of the attack.

But right now Israel has enough on its plate internationally. Open warfare with Iran doesn't need to be added to anybody's list.

Last edited:

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
If the entire Gaza situation wasn't happening, I don't think the US would stop Israel given the size of the attack.

But right now Israel has enough on its plate internationally. Open warfare with Iran doesn't need to be added to anybody's list.
I think we need to go into Rafah today. Deal with Iran and Hezbullah after we finish Hamas.

Venom Snake

I think we need to go into Rafah today. Deal with Iran and Hezbullah after we finish Hamas.
So that's what the attack on the embassy was for, right? To silence critics of recent actions and -with fresh support- to intensify maneuvers in Palestine and beyond? If so, the West should not get involved in this, we already have one serious war in Eastern Europe that is draining our resources.

Last edited:

LordOfChaos

That’s just nuts that you can get that footage.

OP took a lot of liberties with the title here
There were only reports of cruise missiles following the Shahed drone attacks, Iran may or may not be pursuing ICBM capabilities but they were most definitely not confirmed and launched today. So a cruise missile wouldn't be outside of the atmosphere and most definitely not in outer space. At most an IRBM which would only be there at the very peak of its apogee.

They're on the same continent lol

Last edited:

Mortisfacio

OP took a lot of liberties with the title here
There were only reports of cruise missiles following the Shahed drone attacks, Iran may or may not be pursuing ICBM capabilities but they were most definitely not confirmed and launched today. So a cruise missile wouldn't be outside of the atmosphere and most definitely not in outer space.

They're on the same continent lol

Yah... Every time something like this happens, people call everything ICBM. I'm just waiting on Arma 3 footage to make the rounds again.

Last edited:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
ICBMs are not exactly trivial weapons to develop or deploy. When they start flying you’ll want to practice assuming the fetal position or dusting off your Pip-Boy.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
So that's what the attack on the embassy was for, right? To silence critics of recent actions and -with fresh support- to intensify maneuvers in Palestine and beyond? If so, the West should not get involved in this, we already have one serious war in Eastern Europe that is draining our resources.
No, it was to eliminate a terrorist who helped plan 10/7.

YOU have a serious war? draining YOUR resources? The West stands by and allows this stuff to happen which shows weakness to the new axis of evil.

The reason for all of this is weak leadership by the West. These people only understand power.

Yoda

I'd be surprised if there wasn't a counter attack from Israel. Really hope it deescalates.

Last edited:

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
I'd be surprised if there wasn't a counter attack from Israel. Really hope it deescalates.
This is such a strange POV that basically continues allowing these countries to gain power, and Iran eventually a nuclear bomb, and then it'll be like, oh so surprised this evil regime is nuking us.

Israel being attacked by more than 300 drones, cruise missiles, ballistic missiles, and now we need to sit down. No other country in the world would be asked to do this.

Top Bottom