• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hamas terrorists infiltrated Israel. 1400+ killed, 2400+ wounded, 240+ abducted. Israel declares war

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
My roommate believe in the whole "Israel is committing genocide" rhetoric.

She even wanted to go to an anti-Israel protest here at UNLV.

I have to bite my tongue every time I hear it. I don't like talking politics with her because she is definitely on the far left side.

Last edited:

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
My roommate believe in the whole "Israel is committing genocide" rhetoric.

She even wanted to go to an anti-Israel protest here at UNLV.

I have to bite my tongue every time I hear it. I don't like talking politics with her because she is definitely on the far left side.
Unless you wanna fuck her, I don't get why not throw some facts in her face. This silence is not helping.

Darkmakaimura

Unless you wanna fuck her, I don't get why not throw some facts in her face. This silence is not helping.
Well, I understand what you're saying but I cannot afford to not have a roommate right now. She's actually been really cool except for her politics.

For what it's worth, I tend to be very non-confrontational especially nowadays.

Last edited:

StueyDuck

Well, I understand what you're saying but I cannot afford to not have a roommate right now. She's actually been really cool except for her politics.

For what it's worth, I tend to be very non-confrontational especially nowadays.
is there not a way to bring up the idea of her not forcing her political ideologies into your life much like how you don't force yours onto her? In a respectful manner of course.

the issue with these types is the general rules for thee but not for me. You are willing to respect her and not bring up political issues and cause any tension but she's willing to go off her rocker with 0 respect for you.

Darkmakaimura

is there not a way to bring up the idea of her not forcing her political ideologies into your life much like how you don't force yours onto her? In a respectful manner of course.

the issue with these types is the general rules for thee but not for me. You are willing to respect her and not bring up political issues and cause any tension but she's willing to go off her rocker with 0 respect for you.
She doesn't know my political views because I never share them. I just sort of nod. She's not always talking politics 24/7 but she does bring them up somewhat frequently. I think she thinks I'm agreeing with most of what she's saying.

Plus, I guessed her political leanings from the start so it's not like it caught me off guard or anything.

StueyDuck

She doesn't know my political views because I never share them. I just sort of nod. She's not always talking politics 24/7 but she does bring them up somewhat frequently. I think she thinks I'm agreeing with most of what she's saying.

Plus, I guessed her political leanings from the start so it's not like it caught me off guard or anything.
No harm in every now and then saying something "ah let's not chat such serious topics for now" if you get the chance without even mentioning your political leanings.

Hopefully she'll be fine with a topic change.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
I'm glad the hostages are safe.

I'm reading and hearing nearly 900 Palestinians were killed and injured in the rescue... Not sure how accurate that is but I did see video of dead and injured children and women and elderly in the aftermath... Just not sure if the reported number is accurate as it doesn't come from Hamas ...

War is ugly ... Release the rest of the hostages!

Just like in WWII and Vietnam, we'll find out more of the truth in these muddled waters years from now.

Also, Gantz resigned in opposition to Netanyahu. I hope things get better in both Israel and Gaza/West Bank.

jason10mm

Gold Member
I'm glad the hostages are safe.

I'm reading and hearing nearly 900 Palestinians were killed and injured in the rescue... Not sure how accurate that is but I did see video of dead and injured children and women and elderly in the aftermath... Just not sure if the reported number is accurate as it doesn't come from Hamas ...

War is ugly ... Release the rest of the hostages!

Just like in WWII and Vietnam, we'll find out more of the truth in these muddled waters years from now.

Also, Gantz resigned in opposition to Netanyahu. I hope things get better in both Israel and Gaza/West Bank.
HAMAS doesn't differentiate their own versus Gazans in the counts, so why anyone wastes their time with "official" HAMAS health numbers is beyond me. Not that they had any credibility to begin with, but the "400 dead in Israeli hospital strike" was that CLEARLY one of their own rockets misfiring and it was just a clinic parking lot should have laid that to rest. These guys are like the Iraqi "nothing to see here" guy, they have ZERO issue with straight making shit up just to spoon feed it to a crowd desperate to lap it up.

Just think about how a hostage rescue operation would have to be conducted in order to cause so many true "civilian" casualties. A. the hostages have to be held inside an apartment complex, aka nested within civilian areas (and none of them knew?), B. a shit-ton of "civilians" would have to grab guns and rush the IDF, thus making themselves legit targets, and C. it's all invented crap because we have seen tons of their crisis actor BS already, otherwise there would be footage of it all. Just think about how far out of your way you would have to go in order to kill so many during a surprise raid on a single building if the whole area WASN'T infested with combatants. Even the worst deliberate group mass shootings don't kill so many and they are usually targeting folks packed into rooms/spaces. Maybe now the fathers of Gaza will step up and start clearing out HAMAS from within their homes so the IDF won't come round again? Release the hostages and turn in HAMAS and all this ends in a day.

Z O N E

More info coming out that the house that the hostages were held captive in, was the house of a JOURNALIST working for The Palestine Chronicle. He was also the spokesperson for the Hamas Ministry of Labor.

I remember when Israel told the world that Journalists were involved, and no one believed them... This is a slam dunk case that Palestinian citizens were involved in the October 7 massacre.

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
More info coming out that the house that the hostages were held captive in, was the house of a JOURNALIST working for The Palestine Chronicle. He was also the spokesperson for the Hamas Ministry of Labor.

I remember when Israel told the world that Journalists were involved, and no one believed them... This is a slam dunk case that Palestinian citizens were involved in the October 7 massacre.

And he is dead? That is a shame. I would have wanted him to suffer a bit more, like he made the hostages suffer.

I am getting increasingly convinced that there must be biological reason to explain people who are pro Palestine while being extremely liberal. I get Muslims but not somebody who believes men can give birth. Its almost as if there is no sense of self preservation, as the same people also don't want to reproduce. They would be on the beach waving to the Vikings.

tommib

Gold Member
I am getting increasingly convinced that there must be biological reason to explain people who are pro Palestine while being extremely liberal. I get Muslims but not somebody who believes men can give birth. Its almost as if there is no sense of self preservation, as the same people also don't want to reproduce. They would be on the beach waving to the Vikings.
It’s political. It’s about the bigger picture of aligning “oppressed” Islamic groups with other western minorities to gain voting and consequently political power. By uniting these groups they aim to build a force that might bring down the current status quo.

They’ll also tell you that “empathy is not transactional”.

Palestian flags have been in pride parades for years now and have been strategic in accomplishing the intersectional struggle. It’s all political and performative.

Last edited:
It’s political. It’s about the bigger picture of aligning “oppressed” Islamic groups with other western minorities to gain voting and consequently political power. By uniting these groups they aim to build a force that might bring down the current status quo.

They’ll also tell you that “empathy is not transactional”.

Palestian flags have been in pride parades for years now and have been strategic in accomplishing the intersectional struggle. It’s all political and performative.
I don't see the separation. It's not as if politics exists outside the brain. You must have no sense of self preservation to have that politics in the first place. The current status quo is fundamentaly a liberal one. So if you are gay and you align yourself with someone who thinks you should get the death penalty then all you will do is overturn the current situation where we don't currently have the death penalty to one that does. I have spoken to a couple of people and it's not that they don't believe that if Israel was replaced with a majority Muslim state that it wouldn't be considerably less liberal, they believe it would be and have no issue with it.

tommib

Gold Member
I don't see the separation. It's not as if politics exists outside the brain. You must have no sense of self preservation to have that politics in the first place. The current status quo is fundamentaly a liberal one. So if you are gay and you align yourself with someone who thinks you should get the death penalty then all you will do is overturn the current situation where we don't currently have the death penalty to one that does. I have spoken to a couple of people and it's not that they don't believe that if Israel was replaced with a majority Muslim state that it wouldn't be considerably less liberal, they believe it would be and have no issue with it.
Exactly. They’re willing to sacrifice gay rights and women’s rights for the higher goal of bringing down liberal western capitalism that was built-on judeo-Christian values, slavery and white Europeans.

The left never learns its lesson with the Middle East. They forget that the oppressive far-right political and religious forces of Islam always overwhelm the emancipation of individuals and groups. The Middle East doesn’t care about global capitalism or whiteness or whatever the left sees as the big enemy. Political and religious Islam just wants to kill Jews, gays and women who show their ankles. That’s what drives Islam in the Middle East. They’re not interested in defeating Bezos and big pharma (as cliche examples of capitalistic “monsters”).

The regressive left, like the Palestinians, learn nothing and don’t forget anything.

Last edited:

Meicyn

Gold Member
I don’t have sound, I assume these are Pro Hamas cunts who fucked around and found out?
In isolation the video would convey the cops arresting someone who is just demonstrating. In totality, they arrested over 20 individuals that evening, as another encampment was being established with more vandalism of property and other activities similar to last time. UCLA is not playing with these folks anymore, and neither are the police.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
In isolation the video would convey the cops arresting someone who is just demonstrating. In totality, they arrested over 20 individuals that evening, as another encampment was being established with more vandalism of property and other activities similar to last time. UCLA is not playing with these folks anymore, and neither are the police.

The same UCLA police that stood by as some of those same students were being assaulted by pro-isreali dudes for 3 hours?

Meicyn

Gold Member
The same UCLA police that stood by as some of those same students were being assaulted by pro-isreali dudes for 3 hours?
They did a whole lot of nothing in general during that period for weeks. Doing nothing resulted in constant escalation. Policy has clearly changed, and they are no longer allowing things to build up to that point again.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Good. Their open antisemitism should never have gone on for this long to begin with. Hopefully a few will realize what massive cunts they are being and learn from it.

jason10mm

Gold Member
]Footage of the rescue of hostages. Warning death.

I think the key takeaway from this footage is that the IDF is NOT just rampaging through a crowded market, mowing hundreds down. If you are in that house, you KNOW there are hostages there and are complicit in kidnapping. This isn't like the police kicking down a door while executing a no knock search warrant and then smoking everyone inside. No way "innocent gazans" are getting hit in large numbers unless HAMAS is deliberately shooting them themselves, driving them into the IDF on purpose, or those 'civilians' were grabbing guns and putting themselves into the lone of fire.

I suspect a bit of all three.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
How does one get assaulted for 3 hours?

Poor choice of words maybe but I saw the videos ... The pro-isreali dudes were throwing wooden boards and kicking and punching and throwing things at the encampment folks and who stood their ground and tried not to fight back... Just taking cover ... The police stood by.

But obviously they're changing tactics and arresting everyone! Which is MUCH better than doing nothing on either side!

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Poor choice of words maybe but I saw the videos ... The pro-isreali dudes were throwing wooden boards and kicking and punching and throwing things at the encampment folks and who stood their ground and tried not to fight back... Just taking cover ... The police stood by.

But obviously they're changing tactics and arresting everyone! Which is MUCH better than doing nothing on either side!
Maybe actually do research before you make idiotic accusations. Everything you said is a bald faced lie, though I am sure you know this and just think everyone else is an idiot.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

It's like watching a national geographic video of underwater fish and crabs. You know, the ones where a fish is swimming around and suddenly out of the dirt something snatches the fish and drags it under the sand in a fraction of a second.

LOL. Well, maybe dont call police racist. Lesson learned.

It's a funny thing because if someone yelled accusations in your face with a megaphone, that's harassment. But when done to cops somehow they are supposed to just stand there and take it.

But be lucky unruly low browers. If you did this in many other countries, you'd get locked up and beaten the shit out of.

Portugeezer

Gold Member

Dave Chappelle Gotcha GIF

Top Bottom