• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Happy Birthday to Spyro The Dragon who turns 25 years old today!

Post-ABK deal: Crash/Spyro crossover

That is all. I’ll take payment in either gems or wumpa fruits. You’re welcome.

Last edited:

Edellus

Spyro 1 is the first 3D game I played. I'm glad the franchise got "reignited". And I hope they make more in the style of the first 3 games, because I'll buy and platinum them all.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
The old lady at my school cafeteria absolutely loved Spyro..

I don't think she'd ever had any good dick, though. :unsure:

lunch-lady-land.gif

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
It’s no Mario 3D, but he did his job splendidly. Spyro 1 is a very special game, with excellent level design. Of course going on with the series they started overdesigning things, but it’s kinda the custom. Much better than Crash overall, and the little guy is lovely.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
It was my birthday yesterday too, Spyro 2 is my favourite game of all time and I only just learned that Spyro and I share a birthday. Dope

Holammer

It’s no Mario 3D, but he did his job splendidly. Spyro 1 is a very special game, with excellent level design. Of course going on with the series they started overdesigning things, but it’s kinda the custom. Much better than Crash overall, and the little guy is lovely.
This may upset a few masochistic Crash fans, but it's true. Spyro is a much better game.
They should discard everything after the original trilogy like they did with Crash 4 and continue from there.

crash-bandicoot-funny-seemed-like-more.gif

Holammer

$10 on Steam/$14 on Xbox, might have to try these. I never had this on PS1, is it something that still holds up?
It holds up very well. There's some janky old 90's boss fights that wouldn't fly today, but it's fine.
The console versions only allow 30fps so get it on PC if you can. 60 looks great and you have more options, even 72 feels silky smooth.

Some physics can break if you have unlocked framerate and one boxing mini-game in Spyro 3 becomes impossible afaik.

Top Bottom