• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Has anybody here 100% completed Assassin's Creed Odyssey?

TaySan

Banned
Like literally did every mission and collectable in the game? If so you have my respect.

How long did it took you to complete everything? 41 hours in and I barely feel like I put a dent on the game. :/

xrnzaaas

Like literally did every mission and collectable in the game? If so you have my respect.

How long did it took you to complete everything? 41 hours in and I barely feel like I put a dent on the game. :/
If I remember right completing all locations is not required in Odyssey to get to the platinum (it was required in AC Origins). Personally I've stopped at about 70% and I only kept visiting them because I wanted to use them to level up. The worst ones are the forts, it takes only a few to see what they have to offer and the rest is the same. True time wasters.

Last edited:

Lanrutcon

My save is at 161 hours last time I checked. Things I am missing:

- Gender and branching path main quest specific achievements (I have to play the game with the brother to get those, make some different choices)
- All sets (unless I spend cash, I can't get them all quickly. I'd need to play weekly to see what random pieces are sold to get those. The ones that can be collected normally I have)
- Max all skill trees and all DLC abilities (unsure if there are enough points to do this, but if there are: then I can just respec and buy everything)
- Some obscure DLC cheevos...like, I don't think I've assassinated one of each type of statue guardian

Apart from that...all regions done, all locations looted, all quests complete, everything assassinated, all collectibles, max level, the works.

And I played it on a shitty CPU that choked in every city.

Kagey K

Banned
Oh God no I put in 5 hours today and I think I already need a break for the weekend. Haha
It’s probably not for you then. You are looking at a minimum 80 hour commitment, if you are over it before hour 5 you should just drop it now.

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
Is it much more than Origins? I did it for origins, I played it 77 hours

TaySan

Banned
It’s probably not for you then. You are looking at a minimum 80 hour commitment, if you are over it before hour 5 you should just drop it now.
Oh no I already put 41 hours in overall. but this game is definitely better suited for short bursts. I over did it today :(

Last edited:

Stuart360

I think my first playthrough was at 140 hours, and i still hadnt finished it. I restrted again recently, and i'm 40 hours in with about75% of the map still covered up lol.
Amazing game, same with Origins. I really hope Ragnarok is as big and has as much content.

xrnzaaas

Is it much more than Origins? I did it for origins, I played it 77 hours
Yes the map is huge and again you can't rush the story because of levels, expect to reach 100 hours even if you ignore a lot of the optional stuff along the way.

Kagey K

Banned
Oh no I already put 41 hours in overall. but this game is definitely better suited for short bursts. I over did it today :(
Different strokes I guess. It was the only game I played for a long time after I bought it, even if my mind wandered it always went back to Alexios And what we could be doing next.

Stuart360

Different strokes I guess. It was the only game I played for a long time after I bought it, even if my mind wandered it always went back to Alexios And what we could be doing next.
Man i love Alexios, he's so damn funny at times. I cant believe everyone said he was boring and you should play as the girl.

Kagey K

Banned
Man i love Alexios, he's so damn funny at times. I cant believe everyone said he was boring and you should play as the girl.
Some of the deadpan delivery he had was classic. He reflected how I felt about some of those missions almost to the tee.

The graphics and voice talent were top notch, I don’t care what anybody says.

Kagey K

Banned
I 100%'d Black Flag back in the day, that was enough for me.
Origins and Odyssey are nothing like Black Flag or any of the other games that came before them.

You should check either of them out, before excluding them as more of the same.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Origins and Odyssey are nothing like Black Flag or any of the other games that came before them.

You misunderstand. I was saying one hundred percenting one AC was enough for me.

Mista

Banned
I didn’t even finish the game. Coming from Origins which I finished 100%, I felt tired and can’t even play any open world game right now. Death Stranding was an exception.

I doubt I've done 1%, so far I'm hugely turned off by how fast she runs and i quickly give up and hunt deer in Red Dead Redemption 2, or hunt ork in TW Warhammer 2

HelpYouFall

No. I liked the game, but the story was dumb as rock so I had no interest to keep on playing once the credits started rolling.
Good god, that whole Atlantis thing was such a fine example of Ubisoft games having shit narratives and horrible use of tropes in general. The cringeeeeeee

Last edited:

FeiRR

Banned
Yes, platinum and 100% including DLCs (both were great), 150 hours. I'd play more if there was any extra content. AC is one of my favourite series and Odyssey was exactly what I'd want from the series. It just clicked with how I want to spend my time with games. I don't remember the last time I spent that amount of time in a SP game. IIRC previous AC which I did 100% was AC2. In-game achievements which make you repeat story missions with unskippable dialogue and cutscenes really put me off.

iorek21

Nah, it’s just too long and too repetitive to make me get 100%.

Did almost everything on Origins tho

Last edited:

base

Banned

Me.

Took me a while. But won't do it again.

Im scared AF to buy and start playing this game. i will go down rabbit holes to completion even where there are no rabbit holes.

I’ve seen a lot of people praise the two newest entries. I really enjoyed all the prior games and actually would like more of the same, so what separates Origins and Odyssey from the games up to that point?

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

Im scared AF to buy and start playing this game. i will go down rabbit holes to completion even where there are no rabbit holes.
You're going to go crazy once you open up the world map for the first time and see all areas available for exploration. And then again once you get to a certain region and nearby unexplored locations will start popping up. :)

TaySan

Banned
I can see next gen Assassin's Creed taking it to the next level and introducing WHOLE continents. Just imagine doing all of Asia, Europe, Africa or the Americas. Literally all of it lmao

D

Deleted member 740922

Unconfirmed Member
Got the Platinum but not all the DLC so the completion stats are something like 58% now :messenger_neutral:

Kagey K

Banned
I can see next gen Assassin's Creed taking it to the next level and introducing WHOLE continents. Just imagine doing all of Asia, Europe, Africa or the Americas. Literally all of it lmao
I don’t know if anybody has time for that. It’s already such a huge commitment and I don’t want to waste time sailing around needlessly.

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

That's what I don't like about where the AC franchise is heading. The Assassin's Creed games aren't simply fun to play sandbox games anymore. They're becoming more like second jobs forcing you to spend tons of hours with them to level up your character, upgrade your gear and then get a chance to advance in the main story. They're also huge traps for completionists. ;)

Barakov

I just recently beat it and the dlc as well. Took me about 88 hours and honestly I felt it went on for far too long and had too much padding for my tastes. If the next AC is just Odyssey 2.0, then I'm out. They went too far in the rpg direction with the Witcher inspiration and it was a complete grind fest.

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
I really don't buy that Alexios is boring and Kassandra is somehow an amazingly written character. It's just woke BS.

I always play as female characters when I have the choice, because I love women and not men. Why would I want to stare at a man's ass for 100 hours? Kassandra is amazing and
I think Alexios role with the cult is much more believable that way. I would not believe Kassandra as this incredible warrior the cult has

Kagey K

Banned
I just recently beat it and the dlc as well. Took me about 88 hours and honestly I felt it went on for far too long and had too much padding for my tastes. If the next AC is just Odyssey 2.0, then I'm out. They went too far in the rpg direction with the Witcher inspiration and it was a complete grind fest.

I wish I could get AC combat into Witcher 3. It’s the one thing that keeps stopping me from playing that game. I know I would love the story, but the combat is so clunky.

Fenris Wolf

I went for 100% completion, did daily quests to the point i could buy most of the store items without paying real money and at the end when i got tired, I just found out that there's a cheat engine which unlocks every cosmetic so i used it, played a little and got rid of the game. It took me 320 Hours and right after i uninstalled the game i began to think whether it worth it or not. (Yeah rather too late to realize that)
The animation department is way off, The choice and consequence is rather lacking, nothing "assassini" about the game, weak story and bland writing. It was so bad that i felt i was controlling a piece of plank. Kassandra is blank, motionless, soulless, characterless and this also applies to Alexios. Gameplay loop is fascinating but there's a massive problem in here.

The stupid amount of "Level-Gating" literally rips the story pacing apart and the game dev didn't help solve this by updating the level cap to 99. It's grindy as fuck (You basically can't proceed from a main mission lvl 20 to the next one which is 25 in a row because you MUST go through a cycle of side quests to gain the required level)

The skill tree is lackluster and the super sci-fi abilities aren't likable to me. (not that AC was about realism ever but odyssey is way too fantasy/sci-fi-ish so i didn't enjoy that much)
Although it may seem that way but i'm not trying to shit on Odyssey but as a person who is still in love with the franchise (Since AC1) i loved Origins way more than this game. To me, Everything Quebec offers feels the same way. Starting from their first projects (I think it was AC3 DLCs) to their latest. I say don't waste your time on 100% as there's nothing challenging or interesting about doing it.
You don't require to check every "?" as they are usually copy and pasted without the slightest of changes. All you have to do is a set of boring tasks which is... not what i would expect from a fun achievement/trophy hunting. Also there's nothing major to do in the world (like mini-games for example) except for a lousy ass arena which is basically the same as if you try to fight with normal enemies. Also i don't remember any collectibles apart from the legendary armors.

Last edited:

HE1NZ

Banned
About 150 hours. Not sure if I did 100%, but I completed every quest and discovered every location. I haven't beaten every quest in Atlantis DLC though, it's too boring.

Top Bottom