• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Haters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Okay, as a "hater" i have to say, i hate the term "Haters". I swear when people say something like "damn the haters" I feel like im in some bad 1998 R&B video. DONT BE PLAYA HATIN!!!! Come on people can we think of something better than "haters" to label us posters who dislike the things you find dear? Or instead of labeling, try and see the other side and then decide wether or not people are simply talking out of their ass or actually are bringing up serious critisism! If you prove someone is just talking out of their ass youll always look better than they do and if you find out they are right, you learn something new and no one thinks any worse of you.

What do ya say? Shall we try and stop the hateratin? This forum needs some love and understandin. This means not going into a thread ie alphas current music thread just to bash some things people enjoy, if you come in with legitimate complaints thats fine, but lets start some real conversation. We're all guilty of trolling threads for no reason, but lets try and put a stop to that huh guys? how about it? This sort of thing already goes on in Wrestling threads sports threads, why cant we do it for all of them?

In the immortal words of mary j. blige... "no mo hataaaaaz"

sprsk

impirius said:
I'm not sure which side of the argument you're promoting, but I agree 100%

im promoting critisism in a polite and educated manner, and at the same time defense of the critisism in a polite and educated manner.

anyway, LETS STOP THE HATIN.

Ceros

Socreges said:
This is like asking black people not to dance.

I'm afraid if I replied to this comment and used something stereotypical of white people, I'd get banned......

sprsk

tt_deeb said:
I like this thread, fuck the haters.

This si what im talking about! this is just as bad as the haters comin in hatin on some love!

You cant fight fire with fire, you have to fight fire with water!

MIMIC

Banned
I agree, but from where I'm from, the only succinct way to describe certain types of people is as a hater.

sprsk

MIMIC said:
I agree, but from where I'm from, the only succinct way to describe certain types of people is as a hater.

Troll works.

but thats besides the point. The point is to avoid just throwing out labels and actually back up opinions and not being closed minded.

karasu

I can't stand it either. I also hate "Playa hater" , "Don't hate the playa hate the game", an dbling bling.

Tsubaki

Dyne said:
I agree. Appreciation threads should always be full of love, but you can never find that any more.

That wasn't the point of his post...

But I agree with the OP. I came into a thread "hating" on a game, but I provided reasons for why I disliked it. Heck, many even came to agree with the things I said, and I got criticized for posting in the thread.

There's a difference between offering a dissenting opinion, with backup... versus simply trolling with one liners. Heck, I'd like to smack the crap out of people who have nothing to say aside from "IAWTP" or quoting another poster w/o offering any dialogue of their own. If you've got nothing to offer either constructively or critically, then why post?

sprsk

Tsubaki said:

But I agree with the OP. I came into a thread "hating" on a game, but I provided reasons for why I disliked it. Heck, many even came to agree with the things I said, and I got criticized for posting in the thread.

There's a difference between offering a dissenting opinion, with backup... versus simply trolling. Heck, I'd like to smack the crap out of people who have nothing to say aside from "IAWTP" or quoting another poster w/o offering any dialogue of his own. If you've got nothing to offer either constructively or critically, then why post?

Bling bling, mister wings understands!

Dyne

Tsubaki said:

There's a difference between offering a dissenting opinion, with backup... versus simply trolling. Heck, I'd like to smack the crap out of people who have nothing to say aside from "IAWTP" or quoting another poster w/o offering any dialogue of his own. If you've got nothing to offer either constructively or critically, then why post?

I should have put a large space between the "I agree" and the rest of the post then. No wait, I'll just cut out what I wanted to add then.

impirius

Tsubaki said:
Good point.

;)

I get it now sp0rks... ROCK ON

Ceros

I have to agree with this topic, the whole phrase is just played period. I mean if the fact that any random degenerate teen on any talk show walks out and repeats "Stop hatin! Don't hate! Don't hate!" like 200 times doesn't kill the whole popularity of the word, it gets even worse when the word is used on internet messageboards. I don't even know anyone who even says that word irl.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
I say it when it needs to be said. If you hate a band I'm talking about, then you need not apply and just carry on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom